Great suggestion to improve achievements system and Phil Spencer loves it

Shinigami KSA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Great suggestion"? More so pointless suggestion... This does nothing to improve the achievement system. You're simple suggestion is just to add a pointless number next to someones gamer score. I applaud you for a catchy title to get people looking, but no, it's not a great suggestion. It's nothing.

if you see it as a pointless number then you must find the entire achievement system as pointless. if thats how it is then any achievement idea would mean nothing to you right?

"Great suggestion"? More so pointless suggestion... This does nothing to improve the achievement system. You're simple suggestion is just to add a pointless number next to someones gamer score. I applaud you for a catchy title to get people looking, but no, it's not a great suggestion. It's nothing.

Your negative vibes are a buzzkill.

You know the response I typically get when people see my gamer score?

"Holy s**t dude you have over 110k!?"

You know what it isn't a question that follows?

"Daaaaamn man! How many of those are 1000/100!?!?"

No one cares how many were complete.

Yet on Playstation people will comment on how many platinums you have because it's a thing you can see. What would be the point in asking how many you've completed? Would you be able to answer? Since theres no way to see unless you keep a record yourself or are on a tracking site almost everyone on xbox live couldn't answer that question.

You're a big guy.

Ylqil26.png

Voted! We really need a more fleshed out achievement system. At the moment the Playstation definitely has the upper hand, but hopefully your suggestion, along with others will improve the achievement hunting experience. Pretty badass that you got a response from the man himself. Phil Spencer is a real dude!

Sigh…such a negative Nancy.

speak for yourself man, everyone sees gamerscore differently.

i often wonder how many completions people have. sure im not a pure everything must be 100% completion myself but it is nice to have something to tell you how many you have done and it would be cool to see how many completions friends and other people have

I definitely pay attention to someone's completion percentage when I look at their Gamerscore. Someone could have 150,000G but have nothing but 2%-15% completed games, which is pretty pathetic. What's the point of playing a game if you're just gonna quit on it after a chapter or two?

Actually, you know what would be nice? If it's not just a number that shows our compilations, but a little icon.

Like Xbox having "Platinums" like Sony games do?

I found this thread on Reddit about people ironically talking about the same thing.

With some examples of what Xbox's "platinums" could be represented by:

http://i.imgur.com/pZ3MrtV.png

Actually, you know what would be nice? If it's not just a number that shows our compilations, but a little icon.

Like Xbox having "Platinums" like Sony games do?

I found this thread on Reddit about people ironically talking about the same thing.

With some examples of what Xbox's "platinums" could be represented by:

I would love to see that green checkmark in the upper right corner of a game perhaps, when scrolling through all of your games while viewing your Achievements app. :D

First thing people assume when they see my score is that I hacked it or something. Then its usually them sifting through my score just to give me crap for some of the games that I've played while ignoring the majority of great games I've completed when they realize that my score is legit. There's just no winning with some people.

I personally am not always interested in 100% for many games.

However I have always liked the extra trophy you get on Playstation for getting 100% on the main game. I have only 2 games here at 100% Lightning Returns and Splinter Cell Black Ops.

I just notice on a PS gamercard site they list it like this as well:

http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/24de69/S3f1e16.png Base Game

51 of 51 Trophies

For games with DLC

OP,

You have a very sexy achievement idea. Might I also add that you may also have the worlds most fantastic name.

Adding DLC achievements is a bitch, but its one of those things that can't be helped. It all comes down to the quality of the DLC, and then if the gamer likes it.

I've played many games where I've enjoyed the original 1K, only to then be bored stiff by the DLC and its achievement requirements. But I've also played a lot of games where the DLC achievements have been awesome.

As others have said. Whether you like the DLC or not, the fact is, is that its not 100% complete until you've got every achievement.

How about including overall statistics too.

E.g. (1/2) meaning 2 games played, only 1 of those being complete.

Then maybe a percentage e.g. (75%) showing total Gamerscore collected amongst those played games.

I wish the Xbox had an awesome stat page on the console.

Stuff like total time Xbox has been used. Most achievements earned in 24 hours. Most proud achievement. Game spent the most time on. There's loads of stuff that could make it interesting. They want it to be the whole entertainment system, but for stuff that like I have to use different websites.