Issues Beating Rampage Jackson

InFaDeLiTy

Im 7-0 right now in career and cant seem to beat Rampage for the damn life of me, he grapples then uppercuts you into a KO its near impossible to get away.

Im mostly a kickboxer but his ground game kicks my ass and its near impossible block his grabs.

Anyone got some helpful tips?

I was able to beat Rampage with my kickboxer by constantly spamming head kicks. If I didn't do this he would just clinch and knock my lights out. Hope that helps.

All ive been doing but he still gets close, fools a damn tank just takes blows then gives em.

Ill keep on trying cause I want damn achiev for undefeated.

yeah i was in the same boat...took me quitting out to the dashboard and restarting 4-5 times to beat rampage...try to land some shots and back pedal(run away) a lot...if you can get to the 2nd rd, you should find it a lot easier to knock him out..

Pshh ive dashed like 8 times hah, hell grab me once and KO me then if not the 2nd time.

Fools standing game is insane I wish I could make it to 2nd round best I got down to was maybe 57 but guess ill keep at it or just lose and finish career get achiev and redo career =/

people, people, people....I've said it 1000 times, Ground and fucking Pound:p Take him down and transition quickly to mount, once there hold the RS back to block any transitions he can make, once you block the transition land 1-2 punches and just continually block then land a few good shots. Patience is a huge part of MMA, so just don't rush for the KO...take your time and be methodic with how you mount your offense and defense

If he clinchs you and is upper cutting you, just flick the right stick upwards when he punchs and you'll grab him and go into a clinch yourself, or my technique if ur a jit's guy. Is to let him pound out all his stamina, by just holding block once his stamina is in red or what not, just counter catch his next punch and then when ur in the clinch control hit LB+ click RS for the good old flying arm bar easy submissions come from ppl that get drained from the clinch cause it drains your stamina a crap load. Just weather the storm and break free take him down and sub his ass easy victory.

people, people, people....I've said it 1000 times, Ground and fucking Pound:p Take him down and transition quickly to mount, once there hold the RS back to block any transitions he can make, once you block the transition land 1-2 punches and just continually block then land a few good shots. Patience is a huge part of MMA, so just don't rush for the KO...take your time and be methodic with how you mount your offense and defense

Exactly, and also front kicks (step then kick) are really good for draining stamina and keeping them away.

I got destroyed when I first started in the Heavyweight division. But, as like anything else, you get better as you practice. Whenever doing a class, always picked the worst fighters when they give you the opportunity to choose, when first starting out in LHW, I refused all offers from sponsors, refused those random fights, and sparred a lot, to really get those points into offense, I never had to redo, or even quit to the dashboard on my light heavy. If you take time to train, and spar a lot, and choose the worst fighter, you should get a title shot at around 11 fights. And you should pretty easily destroy the champ, after that, you'll end up fighting the SAME people, and again, same rules apply- pick the worst. I fought Rampage at least seven times ina row, just take your time and do it smart.

i agree yet disagree, it's almost impossible to take rampage down, i always smoked him with leg and body kicks, then got the head kick KO, or dropped him with body shots, then pounded him out.

Use RS & turn it 90 degrees to reverse his clinch.

Rampage is the easiest in the Light Heavyweight to Takedown..

Hardest = Machida

But machida is easiest if you stand & bang with him.

Also btw if you suck in Clinch defense, dont pick to fight Wanderlei silva, he is 100X beater than rampage in the clinch..

Edited by PureTechniquex