Loud clicking noise in my right wrist.

Tufty

Every time I rotate my hand around my wrist it make a loud click. If I rotate my had around my wrist very slowly it doesn't do it, but that's only when I do it very slowly.

Is this something I should get checked by my doctor or could affect me in later life?

EDIT: It seems it doesn't happen when I rotate my had with a closed fist if that's any help.

Edited by Tufty

I have this same issue I went to a doctor and it's either carpal tunnel or start of arthritis.

I don't think it's that. I Googled it on a health website. I don't match any of the symptoms, or any of the usual causes. Besides, it says if usually affect people aged 30-60 and usually female. Since I'm a 17 year old guy I feel a bit more reassured. I'm going to wait for a bit and see if it goes away. If not then I'll get it checked if I actually care about it by then.

I don't think it's that. I Googled it on a health website. I don't match any of the symptoms, or any of the usual causes. Besides, it says if usually affect people aged 30-60 and usually female. Since I'm a 17 year old guy I feel a bit more reassured. I'm going to wait for a bit and see if it goes away. If not then I'll get it checked if I actually care about it by then.

That sounds like osteo-perosis. I highly doubt you have that.

I am currently attending chiropractic college and am a year and a half into my studies. My opinion is: as long as you are not experiencing any pain within the normal range of motion of your wrist, the clicking is normal. The clicking is coming from your carpals moving past each other and any "catch/stick" you may feel during the wrist roll is probably tendons from muscles in your forearm sliding over these bones.

Without going into any pathology, none of the diseases or conditions anyone has mentioned should be a factor in this instance.

This can also occur in the ankles where you have similar small bones called tarsals. These also move past each other and will sometimes pop within normal ranges of motion.

Like I said before, just my opinion. It just seemed like a perfect time for me to jump in on the conversation!

Cheers

I am currently attending chiropractic college and am a year and a half into my studies. My opinion is: as long as you are not experiencing any pain within the normal range of motion of your wrist, the clicking is normal. The clicking is coming from your carpals moving past each other and any "catch/stick" you may feel during the wrist roll is probably tendons from muscles in your forearm sliding over these bones.

Without going into any pathology, none of the diseases or conditions anyone has mentioned should be a factor in this instance.

This can also occur in the ankles where you have similar small bones called tarsals. These also move past each other and will sometimes pop within normal ranges of motion.

Like I said before, just my opinion. It just seemed like a perfect time for me to jump in on the conversation!

Cheers

Thanks mate, that's a lot more reassuring.

Haha, I've had this in both my wrists for about 8 years now. If I turn my hand to a certain angle and make a gun with my hand, I can act like I'm shooting someone with a pop gun :p Doubt it's anything serious.

That's awesome!