online pass questions

ShadowEdge6

online passes are the worst thing ever. im afraid to buy games use now because now i know im guna have to pay extra money just to play the damn game. developers need to stop with that bullshit because it makes me want to play only pc games. where online and dlc is free.

but you know that the $10 for a pass is not going to deter any1 from getting the game, so week 1 you only play the campaign over and over for all of the achievements, week two you spend $10 and play multiplayer

You do also realize the online pass is in place to deter people from trading in games right? As the person mentioned about Bulletstorm, used games have less value because anyone buying them used, will also have to buy a pass, but if you buy new, you don't pay for the pass.

Another 2 examples are Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network, and Bad Company 2's VIP. If you buy used, you gotta drop 1200 points extra.

You do also realize the online pass is in place to deter people from trading in games right? As the person mentioned about Bulletstorm, used games have less value because anyone buying them used, will also have to buy a pass, but if you buy new, you don't pay for the pass.

Another 2 examples are Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network, and Bad Company 2's VIP. If you buy used, you gotta drop 1200 points extra.

it doesnt make it right. gamestop for example pulls in alot of money by accepting trade ins and selling used games. by developers being greedy sons of bitches they are taking business away from other companies like gamestop. i realize that the economy sucks but its not too bad for companies like EA. they make millions and millions of dollars off of a single game sometimes, they shouldnt destroy the business of other companies just because they want to make a few extra bucks.

It's not only about companies like EA. It's about the people who actually MAKE the game. Think ONLY EA gets profit from a sold game? Extremely incorrect.

Think for a second who makes those games. How much time, effort and dedication a lot of people put into their creation. Do they not deserved to be compensated? When you buy a game used, not only are you shoving it to EA/Activision/otherbigname (which they likely deserve), you're also shoving it to the individual team who made the game.

If you really love a game, or the people who make great games, you'd see online passes help them as well.

Buying new? $60 spread out to store, Dev, maker.

Buying used? $55 to store only.

Manditory pass with a used game? $10 to dev and maker to split.

Helps keep companies open.

It's not only about companies like EA. It's about the people who actually MAKE the game. Think ONLY EA gets profit from a sold game? Extremely incorrect.

Think for a second who makes those games. How much time, effort and dedication a lot of people put into their creation. Do they not deserved to be compensated? When you buy a game used, not only are you shoving it to EA/Activision/otherbigname (which they likely deserve), you're also shoving it to the individual team who made the game.

If you really love a game, or the people who make great games, you'd see online passes help them as well.

Buying new? $60 spread out to store, Dev, maker.

Buying used? $55 to store only.

Manditory pass with a used game? $10 to dev and maker to split.

Helps keep companies open.

Totally agree. Not only that but from doing this, EB Games has better incentives for trading in games towards new games. For instance, I went out to buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 with 3 trade-ins.

I had DJ Hero 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and NFS: Hot Pursuit.

Now normally for a really new game like NFS and somewhat new game like Brotherhood - you'd think you'd get about...$20 max from EB? (btw EB Games is just Gamestop for Canada).

Well - I got an extra 25% or so for every game because I traded in games towards a new game. So instead of getting $12.50 for DJ Hero 2, I got $18.75. NFS, instead of $35, I got $52.50 (that's almost all my money back!!). And finally for Brotherhood I got $52.50 instead of $35 again.

They're definitely doing this because they want people to keep trading games in instead of just using ebay, Kijiji, or what have you.

So i guess I would need to purchase the game to play online?

See here's the thing with trade ins its a rip off to be honest why because one you get them for what maybe 5 to 10 bucks off the original price, They come scratched up and with none of the perks of a new game, I actually appreciate the online pass to stop people from trading, Here's why you spent 65$ on a game and you only getting 25 to back for it can you picture how much money you wasted and losing at the same time, even with the bonuses from trading certain games to get one for 19.99....

I'm going to rent the game and play through the campaign and clear as many achievements as I can, and if the multiplayer is good (which, I'm guessing, will be decent, but not great) I might buy the 10 dollar pass for it online.

I hope to GOD it's good because I've been getting an itch during the last year or so to go back and finish up old games and I don't like having gaps in my completions...

Looks like 5 achievements.

Reach lvl. 50

Complete all expert weapon challenges

Complete all expert drone challenges

Complete all expert vehicle challenges

and the Complete all weapon, drone, and vehicle challenges.

When EA first announced the online pass at least all the achievements were obtainable (via the 7 day online trial), but now THQ has taken it one step further making it impossible to obtain the full 1000gs without an online pass.

When EA first announced the online pass at least all the achievements were obtainable (via the 7 day online trial), but now THQ has taken it one step further making it impossible to obtain the full 1000gs without an online pass.

Befor you get yourself in a uproar look at the the message of the person you quoted. the very first line says " Looks like 5 achievements" He then goes on to list those achievements that you might not be able to get.

"Reach lvl. 50

Complete all expert weapon challenges

Complete all expert drone challenges

Complete all expert vehicle challenges

and the Complete all weapon, drone, and vehicle challenges."

At this point the only achievement that I know for sure that you can not get is Reach Lvl 50 cause without the online pass you can only go up to level 5. As far as the other Achievements I have not seen anything posted anywhere stating other wise. So until then I would say just the level 50 achievement is out of reach.

Its bullshit because they are basically selling the game back to us. I know if you buy it new it makes no difference but years down the line if you want a specific game and cant find it new anywhere you will still end up paying double the price as the online pass wont depriciate. It is really a dick thing to do and EA are fucking cuntholes and the greediest bastards I have ever known.

You are better off buying the game on download. If they insist on this stupid online pass shit for all ea games, (ME2 was the worst, it was fucking singleplayer) they should give us a continuous stream of free dlc content that is decent for all players to use. BC2 was the best, and there was only really 2 bits of dlc you had to pay for in the end.

Either way this sucks balls, as my mate wants to rent it but what is the point if you cant get past a certain rank.

It makes you think what the fuck is the point in our XBL Gold subscription?

BC2 was the best, and there was only really 2 bits of dlc you had to pay for in the end.

I want to know how you figure that BC2 was the best, 98% of the quote free dlc that you got throught the pass was already on the fricken disk, ea and dice had the content locked so they could release a little here a little there call it free to make people think holy shiZ this is bad ass. When you already had the content you just couldn't access it. So you bought the game with dlc already on the disk that is locked and then they make you either pay for it if you bought the game used or make you wait for it for free so they could take there time making the DLC that you had to pay for.