Achievement Guide and Road Map

Blarghinator

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6003&stc=1&d=1300248763

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:

This guide may not be used without written permission by either the author or website admins. This guide has been put together for x360a and should not be used without permission. Written by Blarghinator (Z iTz Grumpy Z)

Note. For the most part the AG, RM, and other components to this thread is complete, still need to go through and correct grammar and add a few more details. Please let me know if I need to add more, be more specific, or if I have misjudged or made something unclear. I am leaving on a 5 day trip out of state today, I will try to finish everything this morning and when I get back I will update the guide with whatever suggestions others have posted. Enjoy the game.

Color Key:

Copyrights: Light Blue

Notes/important: Red

Table of Contents: Purple

Introduction: Yellow

Road Map: Black

Achievement Guide: Black

DNA Guide: Dark Blue

Death Medals Guide: Dark Orange

Conclusion: Gray

Table Contents:

I. Status

II. Introduction

III. Road Map

A. Overview

B. Controls

C. Steps

IV. Achievement Guide

A. Death Medals Guide

V. Conclusion

Status

[X]Introduction

[X]Road Map

[X]Achievement Guide

[X]Death Medals Guide

[X]Conclusion

Introduction

50 of a kind beats everything! Swarm is an action-platformer where you take direct control of 50 pudgy blue morons and drive them through an intense and suicidal gauntlet of destruction. Run, bash, huddle, boost, stack, jump, push and throw your way through a ridiculously dangerous world in your attempt to collect valuable DNA and ensure at least one swarmite survives. Swarm is the first game to feature mass character control, where you move all 50 swarmites at once. Steer your swarm through the game and they naturally flock and flow around obstacles. Creatively combine swarm moves to work your way through a hilariously brutal environment. Swarm features fast-paced platformer action and includes death medals, boss fights and a scoring system that encourages heated competition with your friends.

Release Date: March 23 2011 All Regions

Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

Total Gamerscore/Achievements: 200/12

Road Map

Overview

Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 6/10

Offline: 12 (200 :gsicon: )

Online: 0 (0 : gsicon: )

Approximate amount of time to 200: 8-18 hours, based on skill.

Minimum Number of Playthroughs: 1, You can replay levels

Number of Missable Achievements: None: replayable levels

Does Difficulty affect Achievements: No difficulties

Glitched Achievements: None

Do Cheat Codes Disable Achievements: No Cheats

Extra Equipment Needed: None

Swarm Hat: "Beat a boss"

Swarmite Pet (prop): "Buy the game"

Controls(excluding menu):

:abut:= Jump

:bbut:= Interact

:ybut:= nothing

:xbut:= nothing

:start:= pause

:back:= nothing

:ltbut:= spread

:rtbut:= huddle

:lbbut:= nothing

:rbbut:= nothing

:ls:= move

:rs:= camera

Steps

Step 1. Campaign. In this step all you have to worry about is completing the game. If you are having trouble with the ending boss view the "Hat for Mama" achievement. Achievements you inevitably unlock: Sacrificial Lambs, The first one Million, King of the Hill, and Hat for Mama.(55:gsicon:)

Step 2. Death Medals and DNA. Any Death Medals or DNA you may not have obtained during your campaign playthrough, go ahead and complete them now. Find a good boosting spot and suicide away for the medals and search the levels for the DNA. Achievements you inevitably unlock: Medals of Honor, Genetic Blueprint and Death becomes You. (85:gsicon:)

Step 3. Mop Up. You may have recieved all other achievements while going through steps 1 and 2 but, if not take time to look at the achievement guide and see what is the best way to unlock the achievements you are missing. (60:gsicon:)

Edited by Blarghinator

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Achievement Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-1GwNA==.jpg Replay 10:gsicon:

Replayed levels 1, 2 and 3 after level 4 is unlocked

After Completing and reach the score requirement on the first 3 levels of the game simply load back up and play levels 1-3 once. This one is really self explanatory.

This one is simple: after completing a level you can play again except there is one new factor. Timing. The faster you complete the level the higher your ending total point multiplier will be. There will be a multiplier at the top of the screen counting down, when going for this make sure you complete the level when the time is at 2.0x or higher. If it drops below before you finish the level, you should just restart. Easily done on the early levels, do NOT worry about the points, just complete the level.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-JBBEg==.jpg The Answers 10:gsicon:

Achieved a high score of 42,000,000

TO reach 1,000,000 is incredibly easy and can be done on the first level or any other. Level 4 is recommended for 42,000,000.

Tips:

Be quick for time bonuses

When no points are around to pick up kill off swarmites

Keep your multiplier alive

This Achievement will come naturally, it is easy to lose 150 only in the first level. Will be your first achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/+xOjXg==.jpgThe First One Million 10:gsicon:

High scores add up to more than 1,000,000

View "the answers"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/+vNbzQ==.jpgMedals of Honor 10:gsicon:

Unlocked 9 Death Medals

Please refer to the Death Medal Guide. Here

DNA is found on every level of the game except the boss levels. There are 10 non-boss levels. There are 5 per level. To advance to boss levels you will need a specific amount of DNA. DNA is usually easy to spot and is scattered throughout the entire level. You can tell it is DNA if you see strands in colors of: purple, blue, green, yellow, and red. The DNA appears in the same order throughout the level as it does in the menu. Example: If you collected all DNA except blue, when you reach where purple was then your not there yet, and if you reach where green was then you have gone to far.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-iixaA==.jpgMultiplicator 25:gsicon:

Reached a 70X multiplier

Whilst playing Swarm you will recognize quickly that completing a level is not dependent on advancing only, but racking up a massive amount of points. When you begin collecting points it puts these points into your "buffered" points amount. You continue to collect points into your buffered points amount until you run out of your multipliers time limit. Once your buffered points section is over it adds to your total. So in order to reach 70x multiplier in one go you would have to cosistently collect points. If there are no points available to you, you can actually kill a swarmite to add to your multiplier and keep your "buffered" points adding up. The best place to obtain this is on "level 4." Here is a video further explaining multipliers and scoring:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-8hJ+w==.jpgDeath Becomes You 50:gsicon:

Unlocked all Death Medals and turn all Progressive Death Medals to gold

Please refer to the Death Medal Guide.Here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-XC5gQ==.jpgYour on Fire 5:gsicon:

Lit your mutliplier on fire

To light your multiplier on fire you must rapidly increase your multiplier a few times. Easily done at the end of level 1.

After completing the first 5 levels of the game you unlock level 6 which is the "fire boss." You will need 15 DNA to begin the level. The tactics to defeating the boss is fairly simple and repetitive. First he will saw into the ground.... avoid the saws and the marks they leave behind. Then he will have lasers that move across the screen, just boost jump over them, and when he reveals his arm with the red mark boost into them. Finally he will spit out red, exploding bugs of doom. Avoid them, stack up your guys, and attack which ever eye of his is open. Once that is done meteors will rain down collect the points and repeat 3 more times. Note. He will get more aggressive each time. More saw marks, faster and twice as many lasers.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1537/-7dVHA==.jpgHot For Mama 20:gsicon:

Killed the last boss

The last boss is in the final level of the game. To unlock the level you must complete level 11's required score and have 30 DNA. You will begin the battle dodging cannon balls that are falling from the sky, once one lands that isn't red push it into the cannon. Then the circular floor panels beneath you will open and spikes will come up. Kill the spikes before they go back under the panel. Then once he does his roar get under a spike as arrows will cover the entire level except underneath those. Repeat this 4 more times and the achievement is yours. Note. Each time you repeat he becomes more accurate and faster.

Edited by Blarghinator

Death Medal Guide

Progressive Death Medals: Progressive Medals are achieved when you reach a certain requirement involving death and how it occured. There are three stages for each medal: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each one has a different amount. Don't worry about any death medals until after you beat the game as you will unlock most unintentionally.

Vaporized:

Bronze 500

Silver 3000

Gold 5000

Boosting Spot: Beginning of level 4, huddle over the lasers popping out of the ground (may get some dismemberments)

Abyss: falling off the map

Bronze 200

Silver 2000

Gold 4000

Boosting Spot: Beginning of level 1

Electrocuted: Electricity walls, balls, and lasers

Bronze 200

Silver 1300

Gold 3000

Boosting Spot: beginning of level 9 there is an electric wall

Burned: Death by Fire

Bronze 300

Silver 2000

Gold 4000

Boosting Spot: 3rd level first checkpoint

Impaled: Death by piercing

Bronze 100

Silver 400

Gold 1000

Boosting Spot: level 11 when the boss is raining down arrows for the first time. Do not hide.

Dismembered: Death by limbs being cut off, body cut in half, or head decapitation

Bronze 100

Silver 400

Gold 1000

Boosting Spot: Beginning of level 4, huddle over the lasers popping out of the ground (may get some vaporizations)

Trapped: Death by a trap (bear trap, spikey ball holes, mouse traps, etc)

Bronze 100

Silver 400

Gold 1000

Boosting Spot: Midway of level 9 tons of traps right after a checkpoint.

Asphyxiated: Death by green gas

Bronze 35

Silver 70

Gold 105

Boosting Spot: Beginning of level 1

Crushed: Crushed by an object or creature

Bronze 25

Silver 150

Gold 450

Boosting Spot: level 4 near the end, boulders after a checkpoint.

Death Medals: Let your last swarmite die by the medal type you want. Earliest level attainable is:

Vaporized: level 2

Abyss: Level 1

Electrocuted: level 7

Burned: level 1

Impaled: level 3

Dismembered: Level 1

Trapped: level 3

Asphyxiated: Level 1

Crushed: level 3

Mega Death Medals: All of your swarmites remaining die by the same thing(atleast ten swarmites): go by the above guide to find out the earliest these can be achieved.

Conclusion

All in all, Swarm is a creative and entertaining game. It will however take time and effort to complete and reach 200 :gsicon:

Thanks to Nozza x360a, DarkCreations, XSheetsyX and IBlooDy TeaRs.

Edited by Blarghinator

Yeah the guide would be a lot better if the Roadmap was actually done etc.. I know the games only been released today but there's no rush to be the first person. Play the game a bit and right it down when you've actually done it before you decide to type everything up!

But don't post a guide without a Rm!

Death Medals could also do with descriptions on what they actually are, even if some are obvious + on where's best to get them!

Best place for Abyss is on the first level. As soon as you start just jump off the edge to your left and repeat until Gold. Same for Aspyxiated. Head to the right a little, hold RT to bunch then just keep running over the gas (repeat).

For Burned I'd do it on the 2nd level first checkpoint! You'll spawn right next to a flame wheel with 50 swamites!

For Vaporized & Dismembered its best to do it right at the start of level 4. You'll see some laser things popping up out of the ground. Huddle up with RT, get everyone over the top of one and when it pops up, all 50 swamites will die in one hit!

The kills will be split depending on the positions of the swamites!

Edited by Nozza

Impaled and Crushed are the only Mega Death and Progressive Gold Medals i need now! Then i'll be 50G better :)

But can't seem to find a nice boosting spot either :(

I'm also on Level 9, I did almost do it but i was on 1.4mil out of the 1.6mil needed to pass...

Yeah im about the same, just need impale, crush, and asphyxiation medals and im stuck on level 9. got about 1.3mil

yeah you could easily complete the game in 8 hours or less the only achievement that will through u off are 70x and 42mil but they normally come as a pair... if you get one you get the other

Edit: has anyone found a way to get 10 asphixiation kills in one go... and the crushed one?

Edited by Blarghinator

yeah you could easily complete the game in 8 hours or less the only achievement that will through u off are 70x and 42mil but they normally come as a pair... if you get one you get the other

Edit: has anyone found a way to get 10 asphixiation kills in one go... and the crushed one?

I think i got the Asphyxiation Mega Death Medal on the level where you have to sacrifice 11 Swarmites to clear the green gas.

Instead of blowing up the gas generator, just kill all the Swarmites in the gas.

Look, I'm trying to get the mega-death trap medal at the spikes/spinning blades mid-way through level 9 as the guide suggests but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Can you elaborate exactly what I'm supposed to do? I've tried killing off my swarmites till I had 10 left then killing the last 10 by the trap, doesn't work.

Unless I'm doing it wrong :confused: