Official "What Should I Get/Play Next?" Thread

AOS Puck

The last topic was overflowing with spam so a new one has been started.

I thought this might be a good idea since every third thread in the games forum now goes something along the lines of "I'm thinking of buying a game or two from this list....which should I get?"

The purpose of this thread is for members to ask to the community for advice on games, arcade games, DLC, or any other Xbox 360 product they are considering buying or renting.

The Rules:

1.) This is NOT a spam thread. Don't constantly post here to get your post count up. Simply drop in from time to time to give your opinion.

2.) Please do not make your own threads for this purpose anymore. Just because you're afraid you may not got get the number of responses you want it doesn't mean you can circumvent this thread and its intent.

3.) Don't ask the same question twice. Once you've asked it be patient and wait for your feedback.

Okay so there's this deal on Amazon with Assassin's Creed being only $35 instead of $60. But then I need a new 120 GB hard drive which costs $60 (On Amazon for used) because I only have 1 GB left on my 20 GB hard drive. I have $63 on Amazon.

Which should I get?

The Harddrive. Updates and patches are getting bigger and bigger...1GB is not enough space anymore. You can always buy assassins creed cheap somewhere else.

Okay so there's this deal on Amazon with Assassin's Creed being only $35 instead of $60. But then I need a new 120 GB hard drive which costs $60 (On Amazon for used) because I only have 1 GB left on my 20 GB hard drive. I have $63 on Amazon.

Which should I get?

I would also advise the Hard drive. Theres nothing more annoying than having to make room for stuff on your HD. When I used to have a small HD i would have to constantly delete my arcade games and only keep the ones I was playing at the time. I didnt have enough space to keep them all downloaded. Now I can easily keep all 94 without a problem.

I'm in need of a present for my boyfriend this christmas. I actually don't have one yet. From him, i'll get Deus Ex and Left 4 Dead, but what should I buy him?!

I'm thinking Forza 4 or maybe Saints Row 3 or AC:Revelations. What do you think?

It's all a bit expensive here in the Netherlands, and I'm actually looking for something more cheap so if you people have better ideas, please tell.

I'm in need of a present for my boyfriend this christmas. I actually don't have one yet. From him, i'll get Deus Ex and Left 4 Dead, but what should I buy him?!

I'm thinking Forza 4 or maybe Saints Row 3 or AC:Revelations. What do you think?

It's all a bit expensive here in the Netherlands, and I'm actually looking for something more cheap so if you people have better ideas, please tell.

I would go with SR3 or AC, racing games can get boring pretty fast, I played AC and it is really good, and I heard SR3 was good too.

Ahh, so this is why I lost like 70 posts :p

Which FPS is superior....MW3 of BF3?

All depends on which one is for you. This question is so common. It all has to do with which series you prefer. Personally I like both of them, but i get CoD more because ALL my friends have that game in common.

So, I'm going to be getting a check soon in the mail, and already have most of my presents bought. I want to splurge a little on myself. I am an avid player of Free-Roam RPGs and I heard that RAGE is REALLY good, but can be VERY slow to play if you don't load it to your HD. My HD really does not have enough space to put a whole game on it. So, my second option was to pick up Dark Souls instead. Yes, I know, it's only on PS3, and I do own a PS3. I cannot decide which one will give me more adventure for my buck and not cause me too much frustration with load times, or with other variables. If anyone has played both of these games and would like to share there thoughts, please do! Thanks.

So, I'm going to be getting a check soon in the mail, and already have most of my presents bought. I want to splurge a little on myself. I am an avid player of Free-Roam RPGs and I heard that RAGE is REALLY good, but can be VERY slow to play if you don't load it to your HD. My HD really does not have enough space to put a whole game on it. So, my second option was to pick up Dark Souls instead. Yes, I know, it's only on PS3, and I do own a PS3. I cannot decide which one will give me more adventure for my buck and not cause me too much frustration with load times, or with other variables. If anyone has played both of these games and would like to share there thoughts, please do! Thanks.

Dark Souls isn't PS3 only, unless you mean Demons Souls?

I played Rage on PC, so I can't comment on the Xbox install issues, but I found the game to be underwhelming. It was good (mostly the gameplay), but nothing special. The world seems to be lacking in content, dull story, and rather short. I didn't spend much time on multiplayer

Dark Souls will probably give "more bang for your buck", but I know some people who were frustrated by the difficulty. It is also a bit lacking in story elements, but the gameplay and atmosphere are fantastic. First playthrough will probably average 70-80 hours. Even after getting all achievements, I'm still playing (PvP is great), 200+ hours put in.

Edited by Echilion

I been getting really bored of multiplayer as of lately so im looking toward getting a good single player game that would keep me hook for a good time. Any recommendations?

Oblivion

Skyrim

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 2

Assassins Creed 2(also the first if you don't mind repetitive gameplay).

Mirrors Edge(A good time if you try and 1K it)

Forza series(has an absurdly long SP)

It would help if I knew what games you were into, then I could offer less obvious suggestions. :)

Oblivion

Skyrim

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 2

Assassins Creed 2(also the first if you don't mind repetitive gameplay).

Mirrors Edge(A good time if you try and 1K it)

Forza series(has an absurdly long SP)

It would help if I knew what games you were into, then I could offer less obvious suggestions. :)

Shooters, racing or action type of games