200,000 stare the easy way

Suki

Ok to get the 200,000 stars ach fast, i find it strange that the guide says play upto the jack in the box and restart lvl1 because in my opinion that exactly the place u want to get to i think he missed the point of grinding, what i found way easier was upgrade the chardged attack to 3 stars and its range to 3, then when u go through after the jack in a box to the rolling worm at the end of lvl 1, do not attack the rolling worm it will spit out 6 small spiky worms, charge your attack with X and run around and take out the small worms sometimes u can get em all with one hit giving u around 1000 stars try not to hit the rolling worm, the rolling worm will just keep spitting em out with the melee attack bonus, multiplier and streak bonus's i was getting 30,000 stars in about 10 mins and no reloads or movies to withstand, much much quicker imo.

update:

sorry some confusion for some here becasue i did this after i finished the game completely and had all upgrades i just needed the stars ach.. and i thought most ppl would do the same but i guess if u try to do it on the 1st lvl on your initial playthrough u gonna have problems. U need all upgrades to get the multiplier's etc.. working correctly otherwise it will take longer.

Edited by Suki

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate. I am playing the game right now and thats the only achievement I dont have. I will definitely try your way!

Btw I did the game on hard, even played several levels again to take all the fishes and still I dont have 100k coints. Its insane X.X

Edit: it works perfectly. Even if you kill the worm you can always quit and press Continue Story and it will bring you back there with the worm alive

Edited by Five

This is definitely the quickest method of getting this achievement. I was getting a multiplier of 20x a streak of 250 plus a melee bonus of 100 ever time I killed a mini worm.

I did kill the big worm a few time by mistake but it still only took me about 15 minutes to get the White Sevens, Red Sevens and the Red, White & Blue Sevens achievement.

You can also use this method to upgrade your character to 100% really quick.

This is definitely the quickest method of getting this achievement. I was getting a multiplier of 20x a streak of 250 plus a melee bonus of 100 ever time I killed a mini worm.

I did kill the big worm a few time by mistake but it still only took me about 15 minutes to get the White Sevens, Red Sevens and the Red, White & Blue Sevens achievement.

You can also use this method to upgrade your character to 100% really quick.

Good to know, working on this now.

I tried this just now on the PAL version of the game but the little spikey guys stopped spitting out stars. Have they fixed it with a patch? Or is it because I'm not far enough into the game yet?

BTW I tried it with 2star Charge Attack and 1star Charge Range

I tried this just now on the PAL version of the game but the little spikey guys stopped spitting out stars. Have they fixed it with a patch? Or is it because I'm not far enough into the game yet?

BTW I tried it with 2star Charge Attack and 1star Charge Range

They will quit spitting out stars but if you keep your melee streak maxed they will give 100 (+100 Melee will pop on the screen) stars per mini worm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great tip! saves a lot of time, especially with that handy extra tip with quitting and continuing if you kill the big worm. Also, instead of the charge attack, you can also use the ground stomp if you find that easier. Should be added to the guide.

Edited by AssassinDK

They will quit spitting out stars but if you keep your melee streak maxed they will give 100 (+100 Melee will pop on the screen) stars per mini worm.

SO U HAVE TO MELEE IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK THEN? THIS DOESNT SEEM TO WORK WITH THE GUN... THX IN ADVANCE:woop:

• 3 weeks later...
I've been trying this and can't seem to get the same results as others. Once you get hit does this mean the area is useless (combo-wise)? I cannot seem to get through the mission without getting hit. My character is level three on the suggested areas as well as the gun and enemy star output.

i've worked out what some of you must be thinking about the stars on this bit.

at first you'll see star's on the screen fallen on the ground, but after a bit the star's NO longer fall.

if you look at your star's in the top corner (your total you have) you'll seem them still going up by 100 or so but NO star's falling on the gound.

just keep going as it is working.

hope this helps.

cheers guy 73

Worked perfectly. Glad I read this before starting the game as I was able to grind a bit at a time during each encounter with one of those worm things. After beating the game, only had to spend ~5-10 mins grinding out the first level again.

Very nice find...