Rain needs a debuff

Ark Animax

Every time i face a rain user, he whips out long 45+ damage combos constantly, he has a startup from every block point, and his damage reduction ratios are way too powerful, he even has three stun moves! the lightning, aqua bubble, and super kick. and all of those can be used in a single combo. If he wont get a debuff, then Kabal definatly needs a buff, side topic, but a 15 hit combo that does only 34 damage? an EX super that adds a total 1% too a 13 hit combo? Does NRS even know what they're doing anymore?

You mean a nerf? xD

Also Rain's Strings are like terribly slow. Almost all projectiles beat his Water Bubble at full screen. Also how does he have 3 stun moves? He just has the Water Bubble.Super Kick isn't a stun it's just used in a combo to continue it and even then you can only hit it after a Lightning. Also have you seen how much damage the Lightning does? Nothing. The Lightning is just a pop-up it literally has no other use. The only thing that gets to me when I verse a rain is his Wake-Up Geyser Kick. That shit is just insane.

Also Kabal does not need a buff. I used to think that Kabal needed a Damage buff (hell I even made a topic about it) but the fact that with his NDC's you CAN NOT do anything against him when he gets up close, he has the best pressure and mixup's in the game as well as the best meter building in the game...yer Kabal dosen't need a buff.

Rain dosen't need a nerf either. he's a good character but he isn't a super OP character like Kung Lao was or Raiden is.

Kung F still is....

As for Rain im surprised you mention this, i brough him cause i always liked him in Trilogy, i felt it was bad decision to not include him in this game... since everybody exept Motaro(a boss so well...) of the original 3 games was there.(No i dont count k/chameleon as a real character) So yeah got him but saw that i was not really that good with him... Well he is ok, i play ok with him as in the range of Liu Kang or Stryker... but nothing spectacular... And since he dosent count toward My Kung Fu is stronger... i tend to not pick him much, maybe i will do it more when i have done all other char i use...

Kung F still is....

As for Rain im surprised you mention this, i brough him cause i always liked him in Trilogy, i felt it was bad decision to not include him in this game... since everybody exept Motaro(a boss so well...) of the original 3 games was there.(No i dont count k/chameleon as a real character) So yeah got him but saw that i was not really that good with him... Well he is ok, i play ok with him as in the range of Liu Kang or Stryker... but nothing spectacular... And since he dosent count toward My Kung Fu is stronger... i tend to not pick him much, maybe i will do it more when i have done all other char i use...

No, he isn't. His two best moves, Spin and Ground Hat were nerfed terribly and now he's just a subpar character that relies entirely on one string to do any good. Spin is as punishable as Kabal's dash on block....infact all his specials are terribly punishable.

No, he isn't. His two best moves, Spin and Ground Hat were nerfed terribly and now he's just a subpar character that relies entirely on one string to do any good. Spin is as punishable as Kabal's dash on block....infact all his specials are terribly punishable.

I say we ignore him, if he still has a problem with Lao after all of this then there is no hope for him.

I think Rain is fine. Ya he can dish out some high level punishment but its nothing compared to Cyrax who I see a lot more often. Just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
You mean a nerf? xD

Also Rain's Strings are like terribly slow. Almost all projectiles beat his Water Bubble at full screen. Also how does he have 3 stun moves? He just has the Water Bubble.Super Kick isn't a stun it's just used in a combo to continue it and even then you can only hit it after a Lightning. Also have you seen how much damage the Lightning does? Nothing. The Lightning is just a pop-up it literally has no other use. The only thing that gets to me when I verse a rain is his Wake-Up Geyser Kick. That shit is just insane.

Also Kabal does not need a buff. I used to think that Kabal needed a Damage buff (hell I even made a topic about it) but the fact that with his NDC's you CAN NOT do anything against him when he gets up close, he has the best pressure and mixup's in the game as well as the best meter building in the game...yer Kabal dosen't need a buff.

Rain dosen't need a nerf either. he's a good character but he isn't a super OP character like Kung Lao was or Raiden is.

Raiden isn't OP anymore