Ritual of Dementia Glitch?

I recently got into the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion. During the quest "Ritual of Dementia" you are required to infiltrate into Syl's private chambers in order to kill her and take her heart in order to become the new Duke. However, after trying the mission several times, everytime, no matter what I do, when I enter Syl's chamber, she is already lying dead in her bed, and does not have her heart on her. This happens no matter what, whether I sneak past the Dark Seducer Guards undetected, whether I kill the guards, or only get the key. No matter what I do, she is always already dead. What I want to know is has anyone else encountered this glitch and know how to fix it? Is it fixable, or will I have to start a new game to get the achievement for becoming the Duke of Dementia?

Guest Scotty
I recently got into the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion. During the quest "Ritual of Dementia" you are required to infiltrate into Syl's private chambers in order to kill her and take her heart in order to become the new Duke. However, after trying the mission several times, everytime, no matter what I do, when I enter Syl's chamber, she is already lying dead in her bed, and does not have her heart on her. This happens no matter what, whether I sneak past the Dark Seducer Guards undetected, whether I kill the guards, or only get the key. No matter what I do, she is always already dead. What I want to know is has anyone else encountered this glitch and know how to fix it? Is it fixable, or will I have to start a new game to get the achievement for becoming the Duke of Dementia?

It's been years since i've played this, so i'm not 100% sure, but the best fix for Elder Scrolls glitches is to reload an earlier save. I've not heard of this glitch before though.

The uesp page for this mission is here;

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Ritual_of_Dementia

It doesn't make mention of your specific glitch in the 'Bugs' section at the bottom though, unfortunately.