Achievement Discussion

The achievements seem like something standard, nothing out of the ordinary.

But that god damned Skyrim meme needs to stop. Never understood how that "became funny." That sweetroll stealing shit was funnier. The achievement would have seemed unique if two or three other games didn't have an achievement that was a variation of "an arrow in the knee."

Looks like a pretty decent list.

I am wondering about the whole Guys Night Out/Rosie the Rampager achievements, and wondering if it will require multiple play-throughs or let us use some sort of save/re-load feature.

I'm leaning toward the second option with saves, but who knows. We may end up playing it one too many times anyway and if the multiplayer is half-way decent I may stick to that.

So are any of the achievements missable?

I'd like to play through the game and go back for anything I missed. Not sure exactly how much of that is possible though.

Yes, there are several missable achievements that you will need to start a new game for. After the story's finished, there is no option to go back and replay certain areas in the game.

• 1 month later...

If you find one survivor in the road between too marked locations and you still need to find one more survivor but you are about to reach the next marked location, if I dash out will the survivor I just found not count any more?

Also do you need to travel to a location with them or just need to find them?

Cheers

Edited by Bertisaurus

• 4 months later...

Just finished my first playthrough, do I just start a New Game to start my next playthrough? Just want to make sure so I don't accidentally erase all my progress.

Also, how in the love of fuck do you chop a leg off? I've been swinging low with an axe on all the zombies I can, but I can't take a leg off.. nor can I achieve that one where you shoot the leg off then kill them before they hit the ground (which I swear I did twice) but no cheevo. Any advice would be great; thanx!

Just finished my first playthrough, do I just start a New Game to start my next playthrough?

Yup.

Also, how in the love of fuck do you chop a leg off? I've been swinging low with an axe on all the zombies I can, but I can't take a leg off.. nor can I achieve that one where you shoot the leg off then kill them before they hit the ground (which I swear I did twice) but no cheevo. Any advice would be great; thanx!

I recall having to use the heavy swing of any bladed weapon for it to actually cut off limbs rather than just smack them around. One or two heavy swings should be enough to cut off a leg.

The best place to get the achievement, as well as the other amputation achievement, is at the end of the game while you're manning the machine gun. Just aim towards their legs and keep firing. You're bound to kill at least one of them before they hit the ground.

• 1 year later...