FIFA 15 - Career Mode Discussion Thread - Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

Season 2 recap:

Another nice Video Eggnogga, your last Update made me want to start a Career Mode in English League Two, which I have since done (Update coming soon), so it's good to see your progress as you move through the Leagues.

Notes/Questions:

As I forgot to ask last time, which Difficulty are you playing on?

Those Youth Players look absolutely beastly, how come you haven't promoted them to help out with your self confessed "paper thin squad"?

For me, I always promote any 16+ Youth Player with decent Potential as soon as my Youth Staff have assessed their Overall Ability & Potential to around a 6 margin for error. For example, Overall 66-72, Potential 88-94.

Gilberto S. Sanchez Aguiar, wow what a Free Transfer having recently started Season 2 in my own Career Mode, I had a good look around and found no Players anywhere close to his ability of the Free Agents list lol.

You mentioned your Transfer Budget is currently low, have you been signing Players on Bosman Free Transfers at the end of Season 1 & 2?

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Boomerang, I'll try to answer all of your questions -- I play on Professional difficulty. I've bumped it up to World Class, but I just get overly frustrated by the BS stuff that happens on that difficulty. To be honest, Professional is a bit too easy, but I enjoy it more.

Youth Players -- I've kept them, because (and I don't know if this is new to FIFA 15) they keep growing in the Youth Squad. Every month their ratings seem to go up and up. For instance, one of the players last night after we flipped over to a new month, I noticed his ball control was up to a 91. 91! So, at this point, I'll let them sit and continue to grow until they demand a contract.

Started my 3rd season over the weekend -- I sold the Collins player for 6.5 million (5.5 million to transfer budget). I bought a 19 yr old French CB from Arsenal for a bargain of 1.1 million. He's a 66 overall, makes for a great backup CB right now. I hit up the free agent market and found a CAM who is 19 yrs old and a 63 overall. I also signed a CDM from Southampton for 650K who is 18 and a 60 overall. I'm kind of being tight with my money now and just looking to build depth in the squad.

Boomerang, I'll try to answer all of your questions -- I play on Professional difficulty. I've bumped it up to World Class, but I just get overly frustrated by the BS stuff that happens on that difficulty. To be honest, Professional is a bit too easy, but I enjoy it more.

Youth Players -- I've kept them, because (and I don't know if this is new to FIFA 15) they keep growing in the Youth Squad. Every month their ratings seem to go up and up. For instance, one of the players last night after we flipped over to a new month, I noticed his ball control was up to a 91. 91! So, at this point, I'll let them sit and continue to grow until they demand a contract.

Started my 3rd season over the weekend -- I sold the Collins player for 6.5 million (5.5 million to transfer budget). I bought a 19 yr old French CB from Arsenal for a bargain of 1.1 million. He's a 66 overall, makes for a great backup CB right now. I hit up the free agent market and found a CAM who is 19 yrs old and a 63 overall. I also signed a CDM from Southampton for 650K who is 18 and a 60 overall. I'm kind of being tight with my money now and just looking to build depth in the squad.

Eggnogga, I've never known of Youth Player's stats improving in the Youth Squad. I thought the Youth Staff just get a more accurate picture of their abilities the longer that they are, but the sooner you call them up/give them a Contract, the sooner they can start reaching their estimated Potential. If I get a good Youth Player (not easy with my crap Youth Staff) then I'll monitor them closely in FIFA 15's Career Mode.

Eggnogga, have you been signing Players on Bosman Free Transfers at the end of Season 1 & 2? If not, the answer to Nykstukas's question below might help you to be in a better financial situation.

How do you sign a player on a Bosman?

Nykstukas, sometimes you'll notice the Players at other Clubs in Career Mode have less than 12 Months remaining on their Contracts. When you reach the January Transfer Window, and as long as the Player is aged 23 or above, you can offer them a Contract and if they agree to the Deal you'll sign them on a Free Transfer as soon as their Contract expires and the next Transfer Window opens on the 1st July ready for the next Season.

In my League Two Career Mode I didn't use the Financial Takeover option, so my main tactic during the first Season was to sell most of my players who were worth decent money, and replace them mainly with Players on Free Transfers (Lee Keun Ho e.t.c.).

Then I could sell the Free Transfer Players in the January Transfer Window and use the funds to grow my Wage Budget in order to Sign Players on Free Transfers ready for Season 2.

In doing this I managed to sell Players to make a profit of £7,566,000 and when converted to the Wage Budget it enabled me to Sign 13 Players on Bosman Free Transfers for a Total of (7,566,000 divided by 52) = £145,500 in Wages.

I recommend using the SoFifa Database (Here) in order to find eligible Players who's contracts are expiring and then Scout as many of them as possible in late November/Early December, ready to start agreeing Wages with them for Bosman Free Transfers in January.

I hope this helps and I'll put together my own Career Mode Update in the near future.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Nykstukas, sometimes you'll notice the Players at other Clubs in Career Mode have less than 12 Months remaining on their Contracts. When you reach the January Transfer Window, and as long as the Player is aged 23 or above, you can offer them a Contract and if they agree to the Deal you'll sign them on a Free Transfer as soon as their Contract expires and the next Transfer Window opens on the 1st July ready for the next Season.

Ah, excellent - it was the aged 23 or over element I was missing. I was scouting players with less than a year on their contract aged 20 and below. I'll up the age and see how I do.

One thing I love about Career Mode is how many ways there are to approach it. I love ending up with a team of fictitious over powered players, which I accrue over time after signing players with the highest potential, Free Agents, Regens (though I never have much luck finding them, even though in theory I know how) and the 'Scout a Future Star' unlock.

I thought that it was about time for me to give a FIFA 15 Career Mode Update as I've only been giving out the occasional tips in order to help others so far.

I decided to start in English League Two with Portsmouth, a Team which was in the Premier League and won the F.A. Cup as recently as 2008. Since then Portsmouth have hit huge financial problems and have also been relegated several times to find themselves down in League Two.

As I decided not to use the "Financial Takeover" Option in the EA Sports Catalogue I knew it would be a big challenge to build a Team full of Players with high Potential, but using my Tactics it is possible to build a really impressive Squad very quickly.

First Transfer Window - Financial Tactics & Players Signed:

My tactic going into the first Transfer Window was to sell the majority of the Players currently in the Portsmouth Squad who were worth decent Fee's, this would enable me to replace them mainly with Free Transfers. I only paid money for a few Players in key areas of the Team to help me win Games until the January Transfer Window opens up.

First Transfer Window - Players Signed:

Pacey CB/RB - Jean-Charles Castelletto (Here) 19, 60, 79 - Approx £900,000

6ft 2" DCM/CAM - Dele Alli (Here) 18, 56, 82 - Approx £300,000

Huge CB/RB - Sune Kiilerich (Here) 23, 62, 66 - Approx £300,000

Pacey ST - Golgol Mebrahtu (Here) 23, 57, 61 - Approx £175,000

Pacey ST - Shay McCartan (Here) 20, 58, 67 - Approx £75,000

First Transfer Window - Best Free Transfers:

Pacey ST - Lee Keun Ho (Here) - 29, 69, 69 - Sold for £3.5m to Celtic in January as Top Scorer in League Two.

RW/LM/CAM - Andraz Kirm (Here) - 29, 66, 66 - Sold for £1.1m in January with most Assists in League Two as my CAM.

GK - Maenpaa (Here)- 29, 66, 66 - Sold for £825,000 after keeping most Clean Sheets up to January.

Other Season One Free Transfer of note:

CM/RM/CDM - Alejandro Chumacero (Here)

LB - Marvin Bejarano (Here)

CM/CDM - Hossam Ghaly (Here)

GK - Subrata Pal (Here) - Signed in January as a replacement for Maenpaa

CDM - Han Kook Young - (Here)

RB/CB/LB - Branko Ilic - (Here)

There were also a few Loan Deals during the second half of the Season to enable me to get through all the Games, but the main focus was generating as much in terms of funds as possible in order to be able to Sign some quality Players on Bosman Free Transfers.

Bosman Free Transfers Tips:

You will notice that some Players at other Clubs in Career Mode have less than 12 Months remaining on their Contracts. When you reach the January Transfer Window, and as long as the Player is aged 23 or above, you can offer them a Contract and if they agree to the Deal you'll sign them on a Free Transfer as soon as their Contract expires and the next Transfer Window opens on the 1st July ready for the next Season.

Before the end of the January Transfer Window I managed to sell Players to make a profit of £7,566,000 in my Portsmouth Career Mode. When converted to the Wage Budget it enabled me to Sign 13 Players on Bosman Free Transfers for a Total of (7,566,000 divided by 52) = £145,500 in Wages.

All 13 Players that I agreed to Sign on Bosman Free Transfers ready for Season Two:

GK - Andre Hansen (Here) - 24, 68, 75 - Wage = £5,000

CB/LB - Dustin Bomheuer (Here) - 23, 66, 71 - Wage = £6,000

CB - Simone Romagnoli (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £8,000

LB - Hong Chul (Here) - 23, 69, 77 - Wage = £8,000

CDM - Akos Elek (Here) - 25, 70, 74 - Wage = £10,000

CM - Marten De Roon (Here) - 23, 67, 74 - Wage = £14,000

RM/LM - Ferhan Hasani (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £13,000

CAM - Gary Mackay-Steven (Here) - 23, 70, 75 - Wage = £27,500

CAM/CM/CDM - Ryan Mason (Here) - 23, 67, 73 - Wage = 7,000

ST - Leo Itaperuna (Here) - 25, 70, 76 - Wage = £20,000

LM/RM/ST - Josh King (Here) - 22, 67, 74 - Wage = £11,000

ST - Ali M'Madi - (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £8,000

ST - Kennedy Igboananike (Here) - 25, 66, 72 - Wage = £8,000

Side-Note:

I did agree a very unrealistic Bosman Free Transfer Deal with Victor Obinna (Here) on £45,000 per week Wages, but pulled out of the Deal in order to Sign several of the Players above.

I strongly recommend using the SoFifa Database (Here) in order to find eligible Players who's contracts are expiring and then Scout as many of them as possible in late November/Early December, ready to start agreeing Wages with them for Bosman Free Transfers in January.

At the start of Season Two, Ryan Mason who was signed as my backup CAM has the most League One assists after playing 2/3 Games and Leo Itaperuna was the Top Goalscorer after playing 2/3 Games and on Transfer Deadline Day in August at the start of Season Two I received astronomical Bids for both of them which saw Ryan Mason Sold for £4.3m and Leo Itaperuna Sold for £5.5m. The funds raised in under 3 Months on just these two Players have allowed me to purchase many of the most desirable High Potential Young Players in FIFA 15's Career Mode.

I am getting close to January of Season Two and have already started lining up the new batch Bosman Free Transfer Players as replacements for the Players that are destined to be Sold in January - Top League Goalscorer, Most Assists in League One and my Goalkeeper with most Clean Sheets during the first half of Season Two.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Great update!

Thanks Nykstukas.

Eggnogga, those Youth Players look absolutely beastly, how come you haven't promoted them to help out with your self confessed "paper thin squad"?

For me, I always promote any 16+ Youth Player with decent Potential as soon as my Youth Staff have assessed their Overall Ability & Potential to around a 6 margin for error. For example, Overall 66-72, Potential 88-94.

Boomerang, I'll try to answer all of your questions. Youth Players -- I've kept them, because (and I don't know if this is new to FIFA 15) they keep growing in the Youth Squad. Every month their ratings seem to go up and up. For instance, one of the players last night after we flipped over to a new month, I noticed his ball control was up to a 91. 91! So, at this point, I'll let them sit and continue to grow until they demand a contract.

Thanks for pointing this out Eggnogga, though I was sceptical at first I have now experienced Players growing in the Youth Squad first hand and I have a couple of Pictures to show this.

The left hand side of the Picture shows 2 Players in my Youth Squad during January of Season Two, on the right hand side a Picture taken in May of Season Two.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ih6tug.jpg

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Here's an Update on the Players I signed on Bosman Free Transfers during Season One and how the profits I made by selling these Players during Season Two.

13 Players that I agreed to Sign on Bosman Free Transfers during Season One:

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £7.5m to West Brom - Most Clean Sheets up to January.

CB/LB - Dustin Bomheuer (Here) - 23, 66, 71 - Wage = £6,000

Still at Club.

CB - Simone Romagnoli (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £8,000

Still at Club.

LB - Hong Chul (Here) - 23, 69, 77 - Wage = £8,000

Still at Club.

CDM - Akos Elek (Here) - 25, 70, 74 - Wage = £10,000

Sold - Start Of Season 2 for £2.4m - Accepted an offer of over 2x Market Value.

CM - Marten De Roon (Here) - 23, 67, 74 - Wage = £14,000

Sold - Start Of Season 3 for 9.5m to Sevilla

RM/LM - Ferhan Hasani (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £13,000

Sold - Start Of Season 3 for £3.5m to Pescara

CAM - Gary Mackay-Steven (Here) - 23, 70, 75 - Wage = £27,500

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £7m to Tottenham (Most Assists up to January)

Sold - Start Of Season 2 for £4.3m to Sampdoria (Most Assists in 2/3 Games)

Sold - Start Of Season 2 for £5.5m to Bayer Leverkusen (Top Scorer in 2/3 Games)

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £8.5m to Stoke (Top Scorer in League One)

ST - Ali M'Madi (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £8,000

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £9.5m to Southampton (Top Scorer in League One)

ST - Kennedy Igboananike (Here) - 25, 66, 72 - Wage = £8,000

Still at Club.

The sales of these Players enabled me to Sign the following Players on Bosman Free Transfers during Season Two, ready to play during Season Three.

Selected Players Signed on Bosman Free Transfers during Season Two:

GK - Matthew Ryan (Here) - 22, 73, 79 - Wage = £45,000

CDM/CM - Romulo (Here) - 23, 75, 83 - Wage = £85,000

CM/CAM/CF - Roberto Pereyra (Here) - 23, 77, 84 - Wage = £80,000

CAM/CM - Clement Grenier (Here) - 23, 77, 82 - Wage = £90,000

RM/LM/CAM - Xherdan Shaqiri (Here) - 22, 80, 85 - Wage = £140,000

ST - Javier Hernandez (Here) - 26, 81, 83 - Wage = £165,000

Not a bad selection of Players signed on Free Transfers ready to play in The Championship.

During the past couple of Seasons I've also managed to purchase the following high Potential Young Players largely thanks to the profits I've made in selling Players originally acquired on Bosman Free Transfers.

High Potential Young Players Signed During Season One & Two:

6ft 3" CB/RB - Antonio Rudiger (Here) - 21, 74, 83

6ft 5" CB - Niklas Sule (Here) - 18, 74, 83

CDM/CM - Levin Oztunali (Here) - 18, 64, 84

CM - Gideon Zelalem (Here) - 17, 62, 82

My aim going into Season 3 is to have Javier Hernandez as the Top Scorer in The Championship going into January, while also having Shaqiri with the Most Assists along with Matthew Ryan keeping the most Clean Sheets and the money raised from these Sales will help me Sign several Players ready for getting Portsmouth into the Premier League.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Thought id post here rather that create a new thread.

Ill start off by saying im not a regular career mode player. Started today to get the achievements. And my first impressions are transfers are totally unrealistic.

I enquired about 10-15 players from the Russian League, players that are rated in the early to mid 70s and the prices they wanted were ridiculous. 16 million for a 76 rated winger, 11 million for a 73 rated left midfielder. Bearing in mind Spurs sold Lloris for 24 million and Bayern picked up Cavani for 36 million these numbers are stupid.

So with that in mind, whats the quickest way to get myself to manage in three different countries?

Edit - Boomerang, just seen you paid 900k for one player with a League Two team, even with your budget set to lenient that just would not happen in real life.

Edited by Morbido

Morbido, he used the "Financial Takeover" option from the FIFA catalog. It will boost your transfer amount to $40 million. Obviously, that helps.

The values listed for each player aren't necessarily the amount that player is worth. It's kind of weird. If you have a young player, they are going to be worth more than what it says, due to potential. You can always try to low-ball their initial offer, which sometimes will work.

As for managing 3 different countries, just pick a team like Arsenal... sim the year... get fired... go to another team... sim.... get fired.... got to a third team.

Thought id post here rather that create a new thread.

Ill start off by saying im not a regular career mode player. Started today to get the achievements. And my first impressions are transfers are totally unrealistic.

I enquired about 10-15 players from the Russian League, players that are rated in the early to mid 70s and the prices they wanted were ridiculous. 16 million for a 76 rated winger, 11 million for a 73 rated left midfielder. Bearing in mind Spurs sold Lloris for 24 million and Bayern picked up Cavani for 36 million these numbers are stupid.

So with that in mind, whats the quickest way to get myself to manage in three different countries?

Edit - Boomerang, just seen you paid 900k for one player with a League Two team, even with your budget set to lenient that just would not happen in real life.

Morbido, he used the "Financial Takeover" option from the FIFA catalog. It will boost your transfer amount to $40 million. Obviously, that helps.

The values listed for each player aren't necessarily the amount that player is worth. It's kind of weird. If you have a young player, they are going to be worth more than what it says, due to potential. You can always try to low-ball their initial offer, which sometimes will work.

As for managing 3 different countries, just pick a team like Arsenal... sim the year... get fired... go to another team... sim.... get fired.... got to a third team.

First of all Morbido & Eggnogga, I did not use the Financial Takeover Option, never have & never will lol.

You can see in my Update that all the Players I bought at the start of Season One cost under £2m, therefore it's nothing like the £40m you get from purchasing a "Financial Takeover" in the EASFC Catalogue.

Morbido, enquiries can be hit or miss, most of the time you'll get completely unrealistic values. If I know a Player has Potential I just Bid +25% to +50% of their Market Value at that time, occasionally it works.

I did spend 900k on a Player in League Two because he had high Potential. However, I wouldn't do it again because I would save every penny to use on signing Players on Bosman Free Transfers in every January Transfer Window.

An Example of how to turn one Free Transfer Player into Millions:

Pacey Striker Lee Keun Ho (Here) is available on a Free Transfer, Signed in July/August of Season One, sold for £3.5m in January of Season One as the Top Scorer in League Two. 85% of £3.5m = £3m, divided by 52 for Wage Budget = £57,000 per week to spend on Bosman Free Transfer Players.

The following Players cost me just £51,000 of the £57,000 Wage Budget and were all Sold later in Career Mode for at Total of £35.3m.

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £7.5m to West Brom - Most Clean Sheets up to January.

Sold - Start Of Season 2 for £4.3m to Sampdoria (Most Assists in 2/3 Games)

Sold - Start Of Season 2 for £5.5m to Bayer Leverkusen (Top Scorer in 2/3 Games)

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £8.5m to Stoke (Top Scorer in League One)

ST - Ali M'Madi (Here) - 24, 67, 74 - Wage = £8,000

Sold - January Of Season 2 for £9.5m to Southampton (Top Scorer in League One)

The sales of these Players enabled me to Sign the following Players on Bosman Free Transfers during Season Two, ready to play during Season Three.

Selected Players Signed on Bosman Free Transfers during Season Two:

GK - Matthew Ryan (Here) - 22, 73, 79 - Wage = £45,000

CDM/CM - Romulo (Here) - 23, 75, 83 - Wage = £85,000

CM/CAM/CF - Roberto Pereyra (Here) - 23, 77, 84 - Wage = £80,000

CAM/CM - Clement Grenier (Here) - 23, 77, 82 - Wage = £90,000

RM/LM/CAM - Xherdan Shaqiri (Here) - 22, 80, 85 - Wage = £140,000

ST - Javier Hernandez (Here) - 26, 81, 83 - Wage = £165,000

Update: In January of Season Three I Sold Xherdan Shaqiri for £50,000,000 to Barcelona. I'm not even in the Premier League yet and have agreed Bosman Free Transfer Deals with Mario Gotze & Arjen Robben.

Thanks to Bosman Free Transfers, Career Mode is easier than it has ever been so there is no real need to use the "Financial Takeover" Option.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I did spend 900k on a Player in League Two because he had high Potential. However, I wouldn't do it again because I would save every penny to use on signing Players on Bosman Free Transfers in every January Transfer Window.

So how much do Pompey start with?

Because there is no chance they will be spending 250k on a single player let alone nearly four times that much.

RM/LM/CAM - Xherdan Shaqiri

Update: In January of Season Three I Sold Xherdan Shaqiri for £50,000,000 to Barcelona. I'm not even in the Premier League yet and have agreed Bosman Free Transfer Deals with Mario Gotze & Arjen Robben.

Again, completely unrealistic.

You picked up a guy who plays frequently for Bayern and who featured in the World Cup after only just going up to the Championship.

As for signing Gotze and Robben. Its ludicrous. You would have to be a Premier League team, who plays in the Champions League for them to even consider signing.

Edited by Morbido

So how much do Pompey start with?

Because there is no chance they will be spending 250k on a single player let alone nearly four times that much.

Again, completely unrealistic.

You picked up a guy who plays frequently for Bayern and who featured in the World Cup after only just going up to the Championship.

As for signing Gotze and Robben. Its ludicrous. You would have to be a Premier League team, who plays in the Champions League for them to even consider signing.

I think Pompey start with around 400k, but as previously mentioned, I sold many of the higher value Players they originally had and replaced them mostly with Free Transfers. Therefore, this enabled me to spend the funds I had generated on a few Players.

As for Shaqiri, Robben & Gotze (apologies Bayern), I agree that it's completely unrealistic. However, I didn't make the Game or build how Career Mode works, I simply share Tips for others to use and maximize their enjoyment of Career Mode, so don't shoot the messenger Morbido. ;)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I think Pompey start with around 400k, but as previously mentioned, I sold many of the higher value Players they originally had and replaced them mostly with Free Transfers. Therefore, this enabled me to spend the funds I had generated on a few Players.

As for Shaqiri, Robben & Gotze (apologies Bayern), I agree that it's completely unrealistic. However, I didn't make the Game or build how Career Mode works, I simply share Tips for others to use and maximize their enjoyment of Career Mode, so don't shoot the messenger Morbido. ;)

Fair enough.

I wasn't having a pop at you and if it came across that way I apologise. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently doing a Sporting CP career mode and I've just finished season one. I was 1st for the majority of the season but my squad was tiny in comparison to Benfica and Porto and I ended up finishing 3rd despite only losing 3 games and conceding less than 20 goals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...