Problems with R2 Races

collapsedbeef

I've been doing great until now but the cars I've been given for this class are horrible (atleast the ones I haven't level capped yet).

I've already maxed out:

2005 Ferrari FXX

2007 #4 Corvetter Racing C6.R

I have (at level 0):

2008 Nissan #23 Xanavi Nismo GT-R

2006 Aston Martin Racing DBR9

I tried the Nissan on the next world championship race for r2 (season mode) and the car was horrible. Even maxing out the upgrades for that class and tweaking it after, I did horrible especially on stretches where I've get passed constantly.

I only have 588k in credits but need a winning car for races 2-11. Although with XP as high as it is now, I might need another car after this one gets maxed out.

Should I bother with the Aston Martin or try something different?

If you don't have the Mazda B09/86 try the Ferrari F50 GT for 500K (I think that's what I paid for it). It literally runs away from every other R2 on the track bone stock. Finishes the Le Mans enduro with the computer driver about 6 miles ahead of 2nd place when the AI cars are on Hard.

If you can't win with that beast, you need to stop playing. Seriously, if you can drive even half way, it's almost like cheating.

Edited by TwistedFate

Best R2 car for most tracks is the Mazda B09/86, for tracks that require alot of top speed the Koenigsegg CCGT is your best bet. You should be able to find one of those on the auction house for under 500k buyout.

I much prefer the Mazda as the CCGT has so much oversteer I've not been able to tune it to my liking, but the CCGT will go 220mph.

Koenigsegg is best as a R1 car. You MUST get the MINE'S R34 Skyline GTR, EXTREMELY fast, handling is a tad lax but just break a tad early. With the AI on Hard you can pull away from the pack and when you roll into 4th gear you are GONE. With max upgrades the R34 is R2814...perfect for all things R2 class as well as Nissan and Asian classes. It trumps everything so far.

9.4 Speed

6.4 Handling

9.8 Acceleration

9.2 launch

6.6 Braking

0-60 2.422 seconds

0-100 4.133 seconds

top speed 242.9 mph !!!

After you upgrade it goto the tuning setup and mess with the gearing alittle. Its fast as hell.