Daily Allowance

PrototypeChaos

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have been ripped off with this "allowance" for being able to play liars dice and poker?

Is there any other way of earning money once you have lost it all or do I have to wait till the next day just to have a laugh with my friends?!?!

Also any ideas why they have done it like this?

I'm feeling pretty let down by the DLC pack as a whole to be honest! :(

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have been ripped off with this "allowance" for being able to play liars dice and poker?

Is there any other way of earning money once you have lost it all or do I have to wait till the next day just to have a laugh with my friends?!?!

Also any ideas why they have done it like this?

I'm feeling pretty let down by the DLC pack as a whole to be honest! :(

They did it that way so people actually play serious poker instead of messing up people's games by constantly going all-in with whatever cards they have. I think it's a smart idea.

what the hell is a 10 high straight?! It just beat my ace pair hand, poker can be so confusing lol

10 high straight is a straight that the highest card is a 10 meaning 9 8 7 6 were his other cards used...

order of poker from least to greatest

example of what they are

high card

a pair

2 pair

3 of a kind

a straight 5 cards all in number order

a flush 5 cards of of the same suit

full house a 3 of a kind and a 2 of a kind

4 of a kind

straigh flush 5 cards all same suit and in number order

10 high straight is a straight that the highest card is a 10 meaning 9 8 7 6 were his other cards used...

order of poker from least to greatest

example of what they are

high card

a pair

2 pair

3 of a kind

a straight 5 cards all in number order

a flush 5 cards of of the same suit

full house a 3 of a kind and a 2 of a kind

4 of a kind

straigh flush 5 cards all same suit and in number order

Ugh.... Ok thanks for that O__0 lol

Dont know why but now Im unable to earn any money to play poker aswell, Ive tried everything. Why do Rockstar go out of their way to make you pissed off with their games, I bought dlc for achievements, but plenty will have paid specifically to play poker, why on earth did they think it was appropriate to put a ridiculously low limit on the number of games I can play in a day. What makes me more pissed is that the only reason I have no money to play is because the poker game froze twice in a row having already deducted the funds from my account.

Dont know why but now Im unable to earn any money to play poker aswell, Ive tried everything. Why do Rockstar go out of their way to make you pissed off with their games, I bought dlc for achievements, but plenty will have paid specifically to play poker, why on earth did they think it was appropriate to put a ridiculously low limit on the number of games I can play in a day. What makes me more pissed is that the only reason I have no money to play is because the poker game froze twice in a row having already deducted the funds from my account.

You have obviously never played any of the free online poker services. As you generally get 3-4 people per table to go all in, no matter their cards, just to get there chip stack up. Why because the only bad thing that happens is you loose 5 minutes and have to rejoin a different table.

Private matches might not take money, but they cause the game to freeze on the final hand in every game of poker. I played two full games with 5 other people and both times the game froze on the winning hand. So its gonna have to be done in public matches. Unless that is someone else can confirm that they got the achievement in a private match.

Machine Zed, Im sure I must be missing something cos I really dont see the relevance of what your saying with regard to my previous post, sorry if Im being stupid

Edited by o D M C o

You have obviously never played any of the free online poker services. As you generally get 3-4 people per table to go all in, no matter their cards, just to get there chip stack up. Why because the only bad thing that happens is you loose 5 minutes and have to rejoin a different table.

They key word here is "free". On a free poker service you have nothing riding on it so you can be careless with your chips and if you lose you lose nothing but if you had a grands worth of real money in chips you would be a lot less likely to go all in because you wouldn't want to lose your money. This is why I think that R* introduced the daily allowance to stop people being careless with there chips and not just got all in knowing they will have to wait 24hours before playing again.

Instead of setting a daily allowance of $200, what Rock* would've been smarter to do is simply put a low maximum limit on all in bets.

In other words, make the maximum you can bet on one hand say $30. That way, people can play as many hands as they want to gain or lose money, enjoy playing with friends or randoms, and generally play socially, without having to leave after blowing all their money quickly.

The people who don't care about their chips can still go all in if they want, but all in = only $30, meaning that no-one is bankrupted. And without an overall limit on betting in a 24 hour period, people can play many many more hands for slightly lower stakes.

The only way to gain more money is to actually win at Liars dice and Poker, however if you do not want to lose your daily allowance money then simply play the low stakes games, for Poker the lowest table buy-in is $10 at Mcfarlanes ranch, for Liars dice its $10 Escalera. Playing these low stakes games will give you 20 games of either Poker or Liars dice per 24 hours and you may win some more money to play longer.

Edited by Lothra