What do you think R* should do?

NUFC_Matty

What does everyone think R* should do with these billions of virtual dollars flying about?

I think they should be sensible about it and;

I think it's all down to R* putting in the micro-transactions, reducing cash and RP pay outs in game. The modders have stuck a massive 'F**k you' finger up at R* for trying to make people pay for the virtual money, its virtual cash its not like you can use the virtual cash to buy anything off from R* like merchandise for their real website. All R* should really do it remove the cash from people don't ban people from online thats stupidly harsh considering they have spent their own money on a game which has made R* a sh*t load of money.

R* should just put everyone's bank balance who has boatloads of money down to something like $5million or less, since everyone would have bought what they would want to buy.

Put the cash pay-outs back the RP pay-outs back to where they were before they started patching everything or slightly reduce them so people still enjoy playing the missions and racing etc, but you actually get some reward.

Finally R* should stop being such idiots acting overly heavy handed, and pushing back on the community that has made them over $1billion in revenue from one game, and a fan base which has generated them a fortune over the years from the GTA franchise, without the fans buying the games GTA wouldn't be around.

I agree with Hatch.

They need to learn from this fuckfest and move on. The online should of been the same as RDR with the multiplayer games list available on the select button.

They focused too heavily on the 'money' aspect in order to push micro transactions. However, even if the micros weren't there, i believe the game still would have been hacked. It just attracts those kinds of people

It's naive to think that the only reason modders are doing this is because of the microtransations and mission payout, it's bullshite like that that is making the modders out to be Robin Hood figures, when they are just arseholes who are ruining the game (as it is meant to be).

And R* shouldn't have to do anything to appease the modders.

They should fix the problem (though they are idiots for allowing the problem in the first place and even more so for allowing it to continue this long).

How have R* been heavy handed? They are doing fuck all to actually address this problem, yes it seem that people are getting banned, but as R* have stated themselves this is via a automatic detection system...

I think they should just man up and forget about it.

Considering GTA V is the fastest selling entertainment product of all time. They don't need money from micro-transactions. This 'virtual economy' is a load of horse shit. It's a fucking game lol.

Agree 100%

I think they should just man up and forget about it.

Considering GTA V is the fastest selling entertainment product of all time. They don't need money from micro-transactions. This 'virtual economy' is a load of horse shit. It's a fucking game lol.

same lol what about the "virtual murder rate"?

I agree with Hatch.

They need to learn from this fuckfest and move on. The online should of been the same as RDR with the multiplayer games list available on the select button.

They focused too heavily on the 'money' aspect in order to push micro transactions. However, even if the micros weren't there, i believe the game still would have been hacked. It just attracts those kinds of people

same

It's naive to think that the only reason modders are doing this is because of the microtransations and mission payout, it's bullshite like that that is making the modders out to be Robin Hood figures, when they are just arseholes who are ruining the game (as it is meant to be).

And R* shouldn't have to do anything to appease the modders.

They should fix the problem (though they are idiots for allowing the problem in the first place and even more so for allowing it to continue this long).

How have R* been heavy handed? They are doing fuck all to actually address this problem, yes it seem that people are getting banned, but as R* have stated themselves this is via a automatic detection system...

same

I think they should just let people keep the money they have, and I'm not just saying that because I was given $147 million and collected a $2 billion bounty. After all the problems at launch and with the constant nerfing of missions and races, I stopped playing. When I decided to get back on and was given the money, the game became really fun again. Not having to worry about paying insurance payouts or saving to buy ammo or cars makes for more carefree playing.

I think they should just let people keep the money they have, and I'm not just saying that because I was given $147 million and collected a $2 billion bounty. After all the problems at launch and with the constant nerfing of missions and races, I stopped playing. When I decided to get back on and was given the money, the game became really fun again. Not having to worry about paying insurance payouts or saving to buy ammo or cars makes for more carefree playing.

Basically, what they should do is allow a "pick up" character that can only join "pick up" lobbies, where you can have everything you want. Why? I'd warrant a lot of people can't be arsed to level up the way we currently have to, and it'll be nice just to drop into a game and shoot shit.

Edit:

Oh, I might add: to shoot shit without repercussions.

They will remove ALL the hacked money & should leave the payouts alone too...If you play the missions on hard you will make plenty of cash & RP...You don't level up shooting people in free roam & you shouldn't, go join others & compete or co op to gain what you're after!

Saturday December 28, 2013

Rockstar Support site;

"In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to us to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you've been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place."

Post has already been addressed about them removing the money.

I agree with the micro transactions being pushed. The amount of copies GTA sold should be enough to let Rockstar know they made a great game...But no, they went and ruined themselves by making you play copious amounts of hours to get cool stuff unless you pay real money for fake money.

They will remove ALL the hacked money & should leave the payouts alone too...If you play the missions on hard you will make plenty of cash & RP...You don't level up shooting people in free roam & you shouldn't, go join others & compete or co op to gain what you're after!

Saturday December 28, 2013

Rockstar Support site;

"In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to us to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you've been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place."

Exactly right cigarnut81.

It's ridiculous how a large percentage of GTA Online players attempt to justify modding or keeping the billions of dollars gained from the current exploit because Rockstar have introduced micro-trasactions.

I posted this a few weeks ago in another Thread but it's worth pasting it here as a point of reference.

Boomerang Cat's Guide To Earning Genuine Big Money In GTA 5: Online

Here's a Basic Guide to making money in GTA Online:

1. Make sure you sell a Car to LS Customs once every 48 real-time minutes.

According to my Online stats I reached $2million in sales to LS Customs a couple of weeks ago. Probably around $2.5million now.

2. Buying an Apartment

Don't waste money on smaller apartments, if your going to eventually but the most expensive apartment ($400,000 including a 10 Car Garage) buy it without purchasing the others as you can only own 1 apartment at a time and you are forced to sell the unwanted place for 1/2 of the fee you paid for it.

3. Call Martin Madrazo every 2.5 to 3 minutes to request a Job

He has some nice Missions for fast money.

Check Out Time, Out Of Court Settlement + Editor & Thief = $6,750/$7,500 in 3 minutes.

Defender & Extradition = $15,000+ in 5 to 6 Minutes.

Mixed Up With Coke = $13,500 in 4 minutes.

Rooftop Rumble is his best Mission where you can earn $18,750 in 3 minutes.

Lester also has a couple of decent Missions with a good time to money ratio. Bust Out & Stocks and Scares have the best Cash to Time ratio's.

4. Easy way to earn cash through killing Bounty's - Off The Radar.

Get a fast car and move near to the Bounty Target (around 15 to 20 seconds drive away) call Lester and pay $500 to disappear from the Radar for 1 minute, then approach the bounty from behind and shoot them to claim an easy and unchallenged Bounty. If they are driving in a Car you may want to use a Sticky Bomb but you risk ending up in a horrible "Bad Sport" Lobby if you destroy too many Personal Vehicles.

5. Really want money fast? You could play "Coveted" for $12,000 every 4 minutes (including loading times).

Go to GTA Online > Press Start > Go To Online > Jobs > Host Job > Missions > Coveted

Easily completed Solo check this Thread Here.

I hope this helps . :)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I really couldn't care less about everyone having millions. It's god mode and shooting through wall style mods that I will despise the most.

Thats the same for me, I really don't care about everyone have loads of money since it doesn't actually affect the way the game plays, but people modding the game putting 'god mode' on etc they are the kind of games which affect the gameplay for everyone since they can see the effects.

Lol what a complete load of bollocks.

When GTAO first came out I lost well over a million dollars worth of shit due to bugs and glitches and everyone was told that 'obviously' they couldn't retrieve that stuff on a case by case basis.

But now there are thousands of people with money they shouldn't have they can remove it no problem :rolleyes:

From the Don't join public game thread.

He's hit the nail on the head with it really.

Edited by NUFC_Matty

The money is almost irrelevant. Unless you have a need to buy tons of sports cars and fully mod them (which don't really give much of a benefit to you), you get enough money to buy what you need by the time you're high enough level to buy it, at least weapons wise. There's just not much $230,000,000 will get you that $1,000,000 won't.

It hasn't really got anything to do with microtransactions tbh. I don't know why I mentioned it.

They can remove the money if they like. But unless they stop people from modding the game, it's not going to fix anything.

And since (i'm pretty sure) they can't stop people modding the game then they'd be wasting their time removing the money.

I'm certain they have stats of exactly how much money has been made vs exists & they could just comb that illegitimate money out starting with the largest accounts down to the smallest, hopefully they won't leave people broke but that is how I started the game & that is how we all should. I'm ready for a home to save up for & more garage space so I have reasons to grind for cash even though it's not tough anymore if you play co op missions on hard you can make plenty each day! I just want the modding to stop so I can enjoy the grind of earning money to purchase things, it's even harder to find people who actually want to earn money now...Bring back the economy that everyone hated as I want the long term commitment...

Edited by cigarnut81

I like everyone's faith that R* know all the details of the amount of modded money in their own game, when they didn't even bother to put any effort into making sure the problem didn't happen in the first place.

I wouldn't put so much trust in R* having reliable stats about everyone's money (specially given the state of my money stats on their own website):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/Wilhelm/Screenshot2013-12-29221935_zps5c650a9f.png

How did you share so much money? My stats on both characters are fine, what glitches did you use?

I didn't share, it's cash earned, it's what was given to me. :p

I've not used any glitches to end up with such stats, it's all caused by the generosity of the 'modders' (though usually it's my urge to park my tank on top of people with billion dollar bounties and 'god mode' that gained me most of the $11b)... :(