Possible DLC or sequal?

NattyBomb

Well, if you're hoping for an answer in the "Witch Hunt"-DLC, then I can guarantee you'll be disappointed. If anything, that DLC raised some more questions.

As for an answer in an upcoming sequel... I hope this matter will be resolved, but I think that Mike Laidlaw and cohorts will continue on the Mages vs Templar-conflict.

Or even forget that there ever was a Mages vs Templars-conflict.

I would personally love some more DLC to tie in with Origins, weather its something to do with Witch Hunt or Awakening I dont mind, but i would love some DLC's that expand on some of the original Origins DLC's and tie them together with the choices u made in the first game, having an effect on the second games DLC's, plus I want The Vigilance back from Awakening, the coding for the weapon is on the disk but isn't obtainable at this point so DLC maybe? Also I'm not to sure who would be the playable character for DA3 but I would imagine the poster character this time around would be a rogue, The Warden in the original trailers was made out to be a warrior and Hawke a was made out to be a mage, so im guessing the character of the 3rd will be a rogue.

My guess is that for Dragon Age 3 the character we play as will be the son/daughter of Morrigan.

No, just no.

I played through the first game, letting Flemeth live and killing Leliana and Zevran (don't ask why) and when I played DA2 Flemeth needed to be resurrected and both Leliana and Zevran were alive and well. Yes, I imported the correct save.

That playthrough I chose not to do the ritual with Morrigan. To be playing as Morrigan's Old God-child in DA3 would just be a moronic decision by Bioware by forcing people to follow a certain canon, rather than creating the story as you play.

Haha, that's the new Dragon Age mantra, though. You must make a choice! You must choose a side! It won't actually change the outcome..... but you gotta choose!

Also, I was wondering about the Leliana thing. When she popped up I was wondering if some other npc took her place in those scenes if I killed her in the first game. So she's just magically alive again, anyway, eh. Blah. They should have just not carried it over at all and written in a canon outcome of the first game if they couldn't carry through on a player-choice continuity setup.

Of course you'll play as Morrigan's kid. He/she won't be half-elf or half-dwarf or have any kind of complicated relationship to any faction or family he/she may or may not have been related to. You can, however, choose whether to be pleasant, obnoxious, or sociopathic when you talk to other characters. You. must. choose!

I assumed that because Leliana is now the "right hand of the Maker" that it didn't really matter if the warden killed her in the first one cause the Maker simply brings her back to finish what she was supposed to do... Though I can't really say what it is that she is "supposed" to do, she appears to just want to band together all the heroes in the world but can't seem to find any of them anymore.

As for Flemeth, I don't know, maybe Morrigan came back with the warden's bastard child and had it do some archdemon magic on Flemeth to put her out of commission for a bit.

im pretty sure theyve already said Hawke is the Commander Shepard of Dragon Age, well likely be playing him/her for now on. only thing is unlike ME which is a trilogy, DA has not been said to only be a trilogy and so they could keep going past DA3. after DA3 there might be a new character if Hawke is killed off or if they feel Hawke is getting too old.

also, Leliana is a rogue and rogues have the ability to feign their deaths. this is my belief on how it explains how she lived if you "killed" her in Origins. she pretended to be dead, waited until your party left, drank a healing potion and walked out. not too hard to figure out in the context of the DA world. and before you say "well MY Leliana didnt have the Feign Death ability", characters have done things in cutscenes that they cant normally do, like IIRC Morrigan shapeshifted into a wolf or something one time which she cant do in-game.

Edited by shinobigarth

im pretty sure theyve already said Hawke is the Commander Shepard of Dragon Age, well likely be playing him/her for now on. only thing is unlike ME which is a trilogy, DA has not been said to only be a trilogy and so they could keep going past DA3. after DA3 there might be a new character if Hawke is killed off or if they feel Hawke is getting too old.

According to similar discussions on the gamefaqs-board for this game, you will play as a new character with possible mentions of Hawke and the Warden, and possibly a cameo for Hawke but not for the Warden (since his or her face wasn't part of the importable content).

also, Leliana is a rogue and rogues have the ability to feign their deaths. this is my belief on how it explains how she lived if you "killed" her in Origins. she pretended to be dead, waited until your party left, drank a healing potion and walked out. not too hard to figure out in the context of the DA world. and before you say "well MY Leliana didnt have the Feign Death ability", characters have done things in cutscenes that they cant normally do, like IIRC Morrigan shapeshifted into a wolf or something one time which she cant do in-game.

Still sounds like a flimsy excuse to me. I'm guessing it came down to Mike Laidlaw putting his single playthrough of Origins as the canon-version of that game.

i just looked it up and Laidlaw is quoted as saying they are thinking about having Hawke be the main character but arent sure. theyre more focused on DLC for DA2 right now but arent against the idea. so any discussions about you playing as a new character are just rumors.

as for Leliana, who cares how it came to be and why they decided to make it canon, thats how it is. you can either accept my explanation which makes enough sense, come up with your own explanation, or just cry like a little girl about it because it isnt going to change.

Edited by shinobigarth

as for Leliana, who cares how it came to be and why they decided to make it canon, thats how it is. you can either accept my explanation which makes enough sense, come up with your own explanation, or just cry like a little girl about it because it isnt going to change.

Hold it, I never attacked you personally. It's just that the people from Bioware have said that they don't care whatever happened in Origins and that they'll retcon whatever they feel like retconning.

I'm not crying like a little girl (quite the contrary actually: screaming like a manly man would), but it seems like Bioware is trying to do some things a certain percentage of their audience isn't willing to accept. And it would seem I'm part of that certain percentage.

Well I played DA:O a few times through and the save I imported I didnt kill anyone, now while it wasnt odd that flemeth was dead, because i killed that hag every playthrough becuz i think she needed to be taken down a notch lol, or that leliana was alive didnt shock me either. The game in general was rushed. Period. They could have used a similar import system as ME does and made it so all of your decisions mattered instead of only some of them being used in DA:2 playthroughs. I agree its their franchise and if they wanna trash it by all means go ahead. I personally had looked forward to the release of part 2 and had it as a pre-order but with what they have shown here I wont be a day 1 buy for a sequel. I will only be buying dlc for da2 so I can have a complete gamerscore and wont be expecting anything mind blowing. In regards to DA:O characters and having them pop up again. I could care less. I hope that Morrigan, The hero of fereldan and the godlike child live in a secluded land far far away from my console. Cameo's wouldnt be bad but frankly the darkspawn are defeated and witch hunt was enough of an out for me not to want any of them to be a main focus in the new story. Most of the old cast I wasnt fond of tbh. And that includes Anders. Lelianna working for the chantry still is cool. And if an explaination is needed for her survival, the maker was watching after her. lol. If they make a sequel, I would hope that it is Hawke and that take their time in development for it as to make a shiny, polished product that a company like BioWare should be creating instead of the same dungeon 80x repeated. Honestly I scratched my head over the Qunari looks and how changed Isabella was between games, more so than the lack of impact my decisions had on the actual game itself. I didnt think they had plastic surgery back then nor did I think that the chantry allowed magic to be used in such a way! lol.

Edited by SteamboatWi11y

also, Leliana is a rogue and rogues have the ability to feign their deaths. this is my belief on how it explains how she lived if you "killed" her in Origins. she pretended to be dead, waited until your party left, drank a healing potion and walked out.

Ha! I'd be willing to accept that if they used it for an explaination. That would be pretty funny. Works for Zevran, too. It could turn into a huge running joke--they're all just doing the "gotcha" fake death emote from Fable 2.

I was actually wondering if the whole possessed-by-Justice thing would be Ander's excuse for still being alive if killed in Awakening. I haven't heard anything about it, though.

In the DA:O save that I imported, Leliana was not killed (neither was Zevran), I convinced Alistiar to be the father of Morrigan's runt, and Anders' survived the events of Awakening.

I am almost done with Act 2 of DA2 and there are quite a few things that make me stop and go "huh??"

1. Um, Ogren did NOT look that awesome in the first game...this upsets me.

2. Flemeth...while the new look is quite thrilling, it just does not seem like the time lines match up as to where this would be taking place compared to the first game.

3. How exactly are Bodahn and Sandal in two places at once???

4. If one did in fact play through Awakening, does anyone else get the feeling the first Act makes it feel as if Awakening only took place maybe over the span of a few weeks, and maybe a week after the end of DA:O?

As far as any future DLC...

I would like to see something that, at least in part, expands upon the end events of Witch Hunt. It does not have to directly involve the ending itself, but maybe some kind of explaniation as to what is being hinted at.

Another DLC from the side of the Darkspawn, only this time revolving around The Architect and his faction. Maybe using (if you spared his life) The Messenger from the end of Awakening.

Perhaps for a final DLC leading into (if they so deem it worthy) DA3, something actually tying in the "down time" from DA2 and leading into DA3 (kind of like Arrival for ME2).

well Flemeth is a shapeshifter so she can look like whatever she wants. she really only changed her hair and got a new outfit.

the only one (besides Ogren which i dont remember seeing in DA2) that really looks different from Origins is Isabela, she apparently got plastic surgery LOL. i really dont know why they had to use her if they were gonna change her so much, they could have easily made a new female rogue character.

the qunari look different from Sten too but that could be chalked up to different races of the qunari, and/or the horns might have to do with belonging to a certain sect or creed of the species. Sten could have been one of the dishonored ones so either he wasnt born with horns or they were cut off.

well Flemeth is a shapeshifter so she can look like whatever she wants. she really only changed her hair and got a new outfit.

Her looks I do not have so much of an issue with, pretty much just for that reason, she is more than just some mage. Its the time these events take place that has me a bit confused. Then again, it could just be grasping the timeline wrong.

the qunari look different from Sten too but that could be chalked up to different races of the qunari, and/or the horns might have to do with belonging to a certain sect or creed of the species. Sten could have been one of the dishonored ones so either he wasnt born with horns or they were cut off.

There is always that possibility. However, I think it was just another "reskin" to make them more monstrous then what we first saw. (Not exactly a bad thing...)

not sure what you mean by the timeline issues. DA2 starts after Awakening which is a short bit after Origins. Anders hung out with the Warden then went to Kirkwall and he was there helping people for a while. not sure how long but everyone knew he was a healer so maybe a year? so going by how long Anders was there we can figure out about how long inbetween the games are.

Edited by shinobigarth

There's an option in conversation with Flemeth in DA2 where she quips that maybe she's a dragon who can shapeshift into human form, as opposed to the other way around. I remember thinking about this during the battle in the first game where they name her as "Flemeth the Shapeshifter" in the combat screen.

I think that might be her thing--that she's actually one of the old dragon gods, resurrected in the same way that Morrigan tries to do with the Archdemon in DA:O. This might explain how Morrigan discovered the process by studying Flemeth's Black Grimoire.

I guess I missed any real news about further DLC for this game. I went to the Dragon Age Wiki and there's nothing (yet). Is it just me, or did anyone enjoy some of the character specific DLCs from DA:O? I was hoping for a little more character development for some of the companions in DAII. I never used a couple of the characters just because they had no real hook to me. I felt like they were more strangers than anything else. Some characters drive the story in some ways, others do absolutely nothing aside from their companion quests. It just felt unfinished in a lot of ways, and a good DLC or two could tie up more loose ends, IMO.