Texas Heat Fall 2012 DLC out now

fuelstaind

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i like free dlc, having to play 2500 hands on a game mode that is only available on certain days and certain times is complete and utter bullshit!

They either need to make these daily or put them on earlier, there's no fucking way i'm staying up til 6am to play this crap. This is going to take FOREVER!! :mad:

I REALLY hope the Texas Heat achievement counts hands retroactively. I don't suppose they added a counter to track that now that it's an achievement. The only thing making the Heat achv worse is not knowing how close you are to getting it.

If you're playing with slowpokes, you'll be lucky to get in 20 hands per round of Heat, so you're looking at 125 30-minutes Heat sessions to hit that many hands.

As much as i like free dlc, having to play 2500 hands on a game mode that is only available on certain days and certain times is complete and utter bullshit!

They either need to make these daily or put them on earlier, there's no fucking way i'm staying up til 6am to play this crap. This is going to take FOREVER!! :mad:

They need it to be on daily. Sh?t every game i play is with bloody bots. :mad:

I think I'll just go all in every hand to get each one over with quicker. who cares if im on the lower table.

Do you have to sit out a hand if you bust out? If so, may be better off just folding every hand. I guess it would depend on how many human players there are. Humans tend to take more time at every decision.

Edited by FarmerJay

I REALLY hope the Texas Heat achievement counts hands retroactively. I don't suppose they added a counter to track that now that it's an achievement. The only thing making the Heat achv worse is not knowing how close you are to getting it.

If you're playing with slowpokes, you'll be lucky to get in 20 hands per round of Heat, so you're looking at 125 30-minutes Heat sessions to hit that many hands.

Nope, there is no counter. But I agree that folding over and over is probably the best option.

For the Flush achievement, does that mean win with a flush or you have to get your 5th flush card on the river?

I'm surprised they have a win 1,000,000 chip achievement but the max buy-in is still 250K. Seriously this has the potential to be a great poker game if they had 10,000,000 chip buy ins. Practically everyone who plays is already Level 50. What's an easy way to get this achievement?

Edited by Crash Geom

Sort of. You have to win a total of 1 million not including your own chips. That's why it seems like you need 2 million. What I did was get my chips to 1 million, then wait for one of the AI to get to 1 million. After that keep trying to get the AI with 1 million to go all in at the same time as you. Obviously you need to have a good hand also so it takes a while but it worked for me.

I'm not even going to bother with the other achievements except the Texas Heat one. I expect to get 2-3 other achievements along the way. Just bought a turbo controller off eBay for Texas Heat for $20. It really does seem like going All-In every hand is the best strategy.

I calculated 25 hands per session this way. So 100 sessions for the achievement. Also assuming it counts your previous sessions.

Normally I wouldn't bother with these kind of achievements at all. But for games I care about, I do go out of my way to get em. haha (Even if they are so stupid.)

I just sit out. And it brings me into the next game automatically, and I still average about 20 hands per game.

I'm worried sitting out doesn't count as playing a hand.

Edit: Oh looks like you're right. My hands played went up in my career stats while sitting out! Well that looks like the easiest way then. :)

Edited by Crash Geom