High life Release Date 13/5/2014

HigginsM

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/actual_1399475450.jpg

Rockstar have finally announced the release date of the High Life DLC. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Coming next week on Tuesday May 13th, it's time to expand your foothold in Los Santos with The High Life Update for Grand Theft Auto Online, which features new high-end apartments, multi-property ownership, four new vehicles, the powerful Bullpup Rifle and more. This automatic update to GTA Online adds five new options to the Los Santos real estate market at prime locations like Eclipse Towers, Richards Majestic and others, all featuring the latest new interior design. With multi-property ownership, you'll also now be able to own two distinct properties simultaneously.

For those looking to take advantage of the expanded garage space that comes with owning an extra property, there's a trio of exquisite new cars plus a hot new motorcycle to add to your collection. The Enus Huntley S (SUV), Dewbauchee Massacro (Sports), Pegassi Zentorno (Super) and Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle) will all be available to purchase in GTA Online from Legendary Motorsport - and accessible from any garage property in Story Mode. The High Life Update also adds 'Non Contact' to the bevy of available Race options, which will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player's vehicles (other players appear as semi-transparent and you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).

You can also protect your investments with Ammu-Nation's latest arrival, the powerful Bullpup Rifle. And the new Mental State player stat shows you just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in your session really are – so you'll know if you need to have it at the ready when they approach. The High Life Update also includes new wardrobe options, vehicle horns and player toasts/celebrations as well as 15 new Jobs - including 5 new Contact Missions.

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/actual_1399475438.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/actual_1399475459.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/actual_1399475469.jpg

Edited by HigginsM

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-76sDU6rBbUQ/TW4ykxGHoUI/AAAAAAAALGk/J-Qfx-AUhds/s1600/fuck%2Byeah.gif

Yes. Yes, you can! :dance:

Yessir, counting the days already and a little time left to gather more $$$ cause with the new apartment and the four new vehicles 3 million WON'T BE ENOUGH!

Definitely looking forward to the five new contact missions too, hope they pay well.

Yeah, don't go adding new contact missions if they only pay out 1500RP and $5000.

This time next week, it's going down like 4 flat tyres! :drunk:woop::dance:

hm I only have 5.2mill...probably not enough but we will see :p

also Im hoping 1 of the new appartments will be in Weazel plaza...ive lived there for so long and always instinctively go there as my 2nd character (who owns a shitty appartment in dream towers btw) Id hate to move to another appartment building....

plus im hoping the garage with the new homes holds more then 10 cars, since afaik R* havent said how many vehicles we will be able to own ;)

and lastly hoping the new jobs pay well $$ wise, im sick of rooftop rumble and would like a change that is also decently paying

hopefully those are next month :p, they said they would be coming in the spring so they need to be soon lol

Rockstar promise alot of things that never happen on time, I give it another 2 - 3 months if its not out by the end of this month. They always seem to push stuff back.

Woo another add on but seriously.... we need heists

Going off the one major update a month, I'm making an estimate of June 10 on heists (second Tuesday of the month, and still a week and a half before the end of spring).

That said, like many others, I'm so much more excited about this than heists (I foresee them not living up anywhere close to people's expectations (they worked great and made sense in single-player, but online I'm not so sure about)), and to FINALLY have a date is great! I just wish they would have saved themselves (and all of us) future trouble and simply set the limit of owned properties at four or so, instead of just two (how long is that second property going to take to fill for many?).

I just wish they would have saved themselves (and all of us) future trouble and simply set the limit of owned properties at four or so, instead of just two (how long is that second property going to take to fill for many?).

going off this bit I personally can't think of enough cars that I'd put in 4 garages, I'd also have no use for 4 appartments so probably like many my 2nd in the dlc will be a standalone garage lol

however I wouldn't mind 4-5 properties if they let us own different things not just appartments and garages like go buy a trailer up in blaine county, or a mansion up in the hills somewhere or a small house in da hood (thats what the kids now days call it right?)....or maybe let us buy something that isn't a house at all like a shop or something and earn some weekly income like story mode or...I dunno just something new and fun that will get boring in a day lol

going off this bit I personally can't think of enough cars that I'd put in 4 garages

And that's kind of the point. Although it's not completely inconceivable for some people to fill four garages (between the number of cars currently available, future cars getting released, and maybe owning some duplicates (open/closed top options for example)). Hell, I would LOVE to have a small garage near one of the custom shops just to stash Ballers for when I'm looking to sell a car, and nothing decent is spawning.

im sick of rooftop rumble

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqfyoR2sh1rugunyo1_250.gif:p

Right, now I got that out of the way.. It will be interesting if they add more apartments throughout the rest of the year. It would be nice to have 3, 4 would be perfect! I'm pretty sure I could find 30+ cars I like enough to fill the garages. Shit, I could categorise my apartments with vehicles (Which would be stupid), Muscle, Sports, Super and Bikes.

I think what I'm looking forward to the most in the next week's update in the new contact missions. Not just the missions, but who they're from. A new contact with 5 new missions ranging from easy to hard would be welcomed. Whatever they are, I just hope they feel fresh and are fun. Followed by worth while payouts of course. ;)

It's starting to get exciting ladies and gentlemen..

seriously? i wouldn't mind forking over 10 to 20 million for a 4 to 6 story parking garage that fits 300 cars if it were insured for ALL of my cars that were already insured. but i do not wanna give them any ideas. (man would that "MECHANIC" need a few assistants).. bring on the high life bud er Rockstar.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqfyoR2sh1rugunyo1_250.gif:p

Right, now I got that out of the way..

hey I only find the mission itself boring, then $$ and RP is fine mind you :p, then again I guess i could just be sour as recently atleast every other game of it I get has some randomer who either runs everyone down or blows up the document...which makes it much more boring to grind if your dead and have to watch the guy be an ass or have to keep restarting lol

personally I hope the new missions pay just as well or better, so that way there may ateast be a variety of missions ;)

Lol as I read through here, i find it kind of funny about a week or two ago when were discussing this update on a different thread, i said i bet people will start saying 2 properties or 20 cars isnt enough. Guess i can tell the future. But anyways with 12 million dollars on my character now, im sure i will be plenty fine after this update. I figured it would cost around 4 million for a new property and 10 new cars upgraded, so we will see. Not saying 3 to 4 properties wouldnt be neat, having almost every car customized would give me lots of options on what to drive, but i mean really even with my ten car garage i drive a few cars bout 90 percent of the time and the others very little. So with 20 cars, i think i will be fine.

Look forward to it, i only have like $99,000 even with the recent double xp. I only made a few hundred thousand and spent it on upgrades. I never got money from those Christmas giveaways in lobbies :p i stayed out of them, probably should have just gone in like most.

Funny to see people say 2-5 million isn't enough for them when i am poor haha. Then again i don't need another garage, i stick mostly to collectors edition vehicles and a couple of bikes i bought. I don't like the $400,000 apartment, if i can buy a new one in nicer location, i will grind some money for that and the new vehicles.

I still really want the Roosevelt :( i couldn't get enough money when it came out and can't make it move from SP to online. Ah well.

Edited by Starkweather

Funny to see people say 2-5 million isn't enough for them when i am poor haha. Then again i don't need another garage, i stick mostly to collectors edition vehicles and a couple of bikes i bought.

Trust me it is. My first garage is full of the most expensive super/sport cars. So guess what I wanna fill my second garage with!? Yep, muscle cars and motorcycles only and maybe some of the four new ones. The prices alone might be not that bad BUT TO PIMP THEM ALL... :D

I don't like the $400,000 apartment, if i can buy a new one in nicer location

Agreed, maybe somewhere up-north.

Look forward to it, i only have like $99,000 even with the recent double xp. I only made a few hundred thousand and spent it on upgrades. I never got money from those Christmas giveaways in lobbies :p i stayed out of them, probably should have just gone in like most.

Funny to see people say 2-5 million isn't enough for them when i am poor haha. Then again i don't need another garage, i stick mostly to collectors edition vehicles and a couple of bikes i bought. I don't like the $400,000 apartment, if i can buy a new one in nicer location, i will grind some money for that and the new vehicles.

I still really want the Roosevelt :( i couldn't get enough money when it came out and can't make it move from SP to online. Ah well.

That Roosevelt is awesome, I got one and even if not the fastest, which it isnt that bad i dont think as far as how it drives, it still fun to roll around with 5 of your friends in. Also what level are you? If you need help or anyone needs help, I play the weekends and would be down to play some rooftop rumble to help out others, that goes for anyone. I am level like 186 or 187 cant remember, so let me know.

That Roosevelt is awesome, I got one and even if not the fastest, which it isnt that bad i dont think as far as how it drives, it still fun to roll around with 5 of your friends in.

I second that. It has great styling and detail, and for me it's fun to roll round especially in the city. The lack of top speed compared to the supercars only really shows on the highways. In the city you have to keep slowing down for the corners so top speed does not matter as much. Because you can upgrade the acceleration it makes up for its short comings in top speed.

For me the armour it has as standard is one of its biggest draws. When you upgrade it in LS Customs you can go around smashing into just about everything with little damage compared to the other vehicles.

Another plus is the lights, that are off the front of the vehicle, which means with head on collisions the lights still work. And with full beams they light up just about everything, great for night time driving.

If it had bullet proof windows, it would be spectacular.

I liked it so much I bought 2, although that was in part because I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to have the insurance fail on it, and I can have 2 different colour sets on it.

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to see if any info about something that I've been curious about has leaked or been released or whatever, and so far have been completely unsuccessful. Everything I keep finding is speculation on prices of everything, what the cars will be like, can the apartment be customized and stuff like that, but nobody seems to be asking the question that SHOULD be asked, so I'll ask it: How large do you think the garages in these new apartments will be? After all, expanded garage space is the main reason why this update is so anticipated.

All the apartments in the game are defined, not by their address or price, but how large the garage is. All the 2-car garage apartments are the same, just as all the 6-car and 10-car ones are, so it stands to reason that these new apartments will have some other size -- otherwise they'd be indistinguishable from the current HEAs if they had 10-car garages too, like how everyone seems to be assuming.

I'm thinking most likely 12-car, although it MIGHT be 16, but that's pushing it. 8-car would just piss people off, as it would make the new apartments worthless. 20-car seems to me to be too big, as I just cannot visualize a garage 2x10 or 4x5 or 2x2x5 (two levels), or having the mechanic's list of cars being that long.

Edited by jswartz0181