Is the 360 Diablo 3 version region locked?

alhart21

Hiyas. I'm hoping to find an answer here because no one seems to know.

My friend is a Euro and has a PAL Xbox360. I'm in the States with an NTSC version. With most games this isn't a problem on xbox, however, we have heard that Blizzard is choosing to region lock the console version of Diablo and won't let you choose a Euro or US server, that it will just automatically place you on a server based on where you live. Is this correct? Will we be able to choose a server and play together? Or will it be region free and we can play with anyone on our friends list? We'd like to find out before we plunk down the 120 dollars for two games. Thanks!

Your question is a little confusing.

At first it sounds like you're worried the disc will be region locked and almost every XBox 360 is.

However as you carry on it sounds like you're worrying about the servers being region locked which could potentially result in UK playsers not being able to play with their US buddies for example.

This was a point of frustration for me in "Defiance" though it didn't stop me from enjoying the game.

I'm not sure of the answer but with a maximum of 4 player coop I think that though local servers may be encouraged you should be able to play with your buddies accross the pond.

Az