June 3rd (2014) Update causes memory error for campaign?

Since I got the update today for "CoD: Ghosts..." I can't play the campaign anymore. I get a "Error - Out of memory 2" error and the campaign won't load. Yes, I have the second disc installed (I played the campaign just prior to today). I tried to load it "3" times, resulting in the same error. I cleared the cache, and it still fails.

I even loaded a different profile and tried a new game: FAIL.

I also tried playing the game on my newer console. First, I loaded the game without accepting the update... and it loaded-up and plays fine. Then I quit to the main menu, logged into Xbox LIVE and accepted the update, tried to load the game: FAIL.

Has anyone else tried playing the campaign since the update? Does anyone reading this also have the game for Xbox One, and does it glitch the campaign on it?

I believe the update has glitched the campaign, so it will not work anymore! On a side note... this is playing the game without having ANY of the DLC maps downloaded. I did get the season pass, but I wanted to knockout the campaign first (I just bought the game last week). I am currently downloading all the current maps, to see if it affects the "memory" situation, regarding the campaign.

Not everyone wants to play the multiplayer, so if the campaign works AFTER I have the DLC installed... this is going to piss-off a lot of people who want to only play the campaign!

I'll be posting a message on the developer's web site/forum, or sending them an e-mail. This is completely unacceptable, to have an update for the MP part of a game, that glitches SP portion. Can you imagine if a developer did that, but it glitched unlocking achievements? Oh, wait... that's happened before!!! :mad:

[uPDATE] Well... the campaign is STILL glitched! Sometimes, it "almost" loads, but it gets about 80% loaded... then the screen goes black for a few seconds, then the error message comes up.

Even though I (I'm assuming everyone else did, too) got an update for the console from Xbox today, it had no bearing on the problem with the campaign not loading.

I edited this message, because last night while the 3rd DLC map ("Invasion") was downloading... I was able to get the campaign to load and play some more of it. I thought that having all the current maps installed with the new update is what was allowing the campaign to work again. However, I stopped playing for a while (because my Internet had dropped-out for a while - an issue I've been having since Friday), and when I tried to load the campaign a little while later (and the 3rd map had already finished downloading before my Internet dropout)... it was giving me the same problems with the same error message.

As of this writing, 80 people have read this thread. Are you telling me that all 80 of these people are random visitors or don't own the game and are just looking? If you're reading this, and you have the game... take 2 minutes out of your life and try to load the campaign to see if you have the same problem and post your results (and SPECIFY what country you live in - especially if your profile here doesn't say. I am in the U.S.A.)!

Edited by Restricted-Access
Updated info

I just encountered the same problem (Holland). Actually I have several:

1 - campaign install needed:

First I'm asked to install campaign with disk 2.

Entering disk 2 gives me info it is already installed.

Back to disk 1 and install still needed.

2 - load campaign result in "error - out of memory 2"

I tried 2 other accounts. On one account the campaign was already completed. Chosing a level does not complete loading en gives the error.

On a fresh account chosing a new campaign loads to about 80% and gives the error.

Hopefully these messages will reach Ghost developers and result in a fix.

Sorry, folks... the methods I previously posted were NOT successful in fixing the glitch. Randomly, the campaign will work, or it won't. It seems to vary on what you did just prior to it working. Usually playing another game or two, then coming back to the campaign seems to "randomly" make it work - but even THAT is no guarantee.

We'll have to let the developer know about it on their web site (or on the forums at xbox.com - but it's probably better to go to Activision's web site)! :(

Updated info (again)

Im now going to try ur method mate, I have had the exact same probs since the latest update which has annoyed me as i always play the campaign first , only got it last weekend !, do i have to start a fresh campaign game also ? , I just tried mate and still didnt work for me :-(

Edited by Eaglet

I just chatted to microsoft about the problem, this is what was said,

I want to thank you for taking the time towards resolution today, Dean. We have tried all the basics and it appears that we would need to contact Activision to ask for assistance towards this as this indicates an in game issue. They are indeed aware of this and is working on an active resolution. However, don't worry, you're in good hands as Activision this time are the experts who are best in resolving this issue since they do have further troubleshooting steps to get this sorted ,

Lets hope Activision sorts it asap !

I just chatted to microsoft about the problem, this is what was said,

I want to thank you for taking the time towards resolution today, Dean. We have tried all the basics and it appears that we would need to contact Activision to ask for assistance towards this as this indicates an in game issue. They are indeed aware of this and is working on an active resolution. However, don't worry, you're in good hands as Activision this time are the experts who are best in resolving this issue since they do have further troubleshooting steps to get this sorted ,

Lets hope Activision sorts it asap !

Been in touch with Activision tonight. They told me it was a console issue. Also been in touch with xbox support. Delete the game and all DLC, only leave game saves, clear the cache, reinstall. No joy. Two different xbox 360 consoles, two different games tags, same problem. "Out of memory 2" Going to get back in touch with both support teams.

Just another post to confirm this is a thing. I beat the Campaign moments before the June 3rd update went live. Downloaded the update and spent the next few days only playing Multiplayer. Went back to start up a campaign game and work on achievements and bam-- "Out of Memory 2" during the loading screen, and always when the bar is at about 75%~ done.

I'm less inclined to believe this is a hardware issue. The timing is just too perfect with the update coming out when it did.

Its got to be a problem with the update because b4 the update my saves loaded just fine, Alot of The sony players are blaming the Xbox Hardware but that does not surprise me at all pmsl, I will keep you posted if i hear anything !!!!!

Its got to be a problem with the update because b4 the update my saves loaded just fine, Alot of The sony players are blaming the Xbox Hardware but that does not surprise me at all pmsl, I will keep you posted if i hear anything !!!!!

It's not the hardware. The Xbox hardware - 360 or XB1 - just doesn't like buggy software.

Sony consoles aren't having a problem... because shit goes with other shit quite well, and their crap always smells bad anyway! :nana

BTW... I tried to load the campaign a few minutes ago, but no luck... but then I quit to the dashboard, cleared the cache, loaded that Xbox Live Events app - and while that was loading, brought up the guide and launched CoD: Ghosts from that... and tried to load the campaign again - and it loaded! I'm not sure what made it work, but it still seems random to me. :rolleyes:

It's not the hardware. The Xbox hardware - 360 or XB1 - just doesn't like buggy software.

Sony consoles aren't having a problem... because shit goes with other shit quite well, and their crap always smells bad anyway! :nana

BTW... I tried to load the campaign a few minutes ago, but no luck... but then I quit to the dashboard, cleared the cache, loaded that Xbox Live Events app - and while that was loading, brought up the guide and launched CoD: Ghosts from that... and tried to load the campaign again - and it loaded! I'm not sure what made it work, but it still seems random to me. :rolleyes:

I finally got it sorted with 2 visits to xbox support. The first representative told me to delete ghosts, all DLC and estra content (only keep saves). Then reinstall. This worked for my 360 slim. The older console was a bit more difficult.

I had to get back in touch with support. Again they told me to delete ghosts, all DLC etc, everything but saved games. Then they talked me through another few steps like deleting market place system data and rights database. Then I had to roll back the 360 update, remove the hdd, press and hold the power button on the console, power off re-attach the hdd and reinstall. All working on both mine and my son's campaign.

Xbox support were really good. Very helpful and patient. Much better than Sony's last time I had to contact them with an issue with the ps3, hey really couldn't have cared less (that was the impression I got anyway). Hope wveryone gets this sorted.

Same deal for me. Guess I'll try wavey's thing out.

I suppose not many people care about the campaign but if MP kept doing this there'd be riots.

EDIT: No dice, actually it's been acting up ever since I got all the Rorke files. Probably nothing to do with it but Activision, IW or whoever was in charge of the campaign needs to sort this out pronto. Having a portion of the game work once out of 100 tries is unacceptable.

Quite frankly MS support knows nothing outside their piece of paper with general solutions.

Seems odd Sony gear is fine though as at least the PS3 is horribly complex to code for with it's odd architecture.

Edited by orangenee
Furthering statement

Does anybody know if Activision has even said anything about this error , They seem not to be saying much at all!!!!!!, This needs to be fixed ASAP !

They seem to be blaming the hardware. Thing is, sans patch the single player campaign works mostly. Campaign worked before this latest patch too apparently.

Occam's razor.

Does anybody know if Activision has even said anything about this error , They seem not to be saying much at all!!!!!!, This needs to be fixed ASAP !

Activision told me it was a hardware thing and to contact xbox support. Xbox support worked for me. As to it being as simple as uninstalling the game disc, I don't know. I tried all that when I had spoken to xbox support the first time. For those with the problem, I would suggest getting in touch with support.

Activision told me it was a hardware thing and to contact xbox support. Xbox support worked for me. As to it being as simple as uninstalling the game disc, I don't know. I tried all that when I had spoken to xbox support the first time. For those with the problem, I would suggest getting in touch with support.

Tried it 20 times in a row installed today, nothing.

Uninstalled the game disc, tried 20 times in a row. Worked every time.

BTW I took the idea from a guy who posted the above solution after contacting support himself in the aforementioned Activision thread.

I didn't even clear the cache first either.