karaoke Pass?

Natz

How exactly does this work at first I thought I better not play it in case its a timed demo but looks like you pay 800ms for a day and get all the available songs

Also is it just me or does it seem quite expensive I have rock band 3 I can buy around 10 songs for that price to keep forever (also they work with multiple games)

I think its more of a "party" game. I used to take Lips to parties, but people always wanted to buy the DLC i was like ughhh, I don't even want this song. This way you just have access to all the songs for 6 hours, or what have you at a gathering. But yes for personal use Rock Band or Lips would be the better choice, for parties, just to have it running, I think this would be better, unless you have a HUGE Rock Band or Lips catalog.

Don't think the price is that bad to pay 400 msp for 6 hours while i have friends over. I like that it includes songs like Fresh Price of Bel Air and Disney stuff. I do wish they had newer stuff though. That is one thing that sucks with most of these music games is taking about a year to get songs.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

So here is my experience.

I purchased the 24 hours eagerly, assuming it was 24?hours game play.

Key word assume.

Played about three hours, log back in next day, 7 hours left?

What are you kidding me?

So I ring Xbox, and calmly express my concern that the product is being missold, after all nowhere in the description does the word "real time" mention.

Basically xbox verbatim quote the "I'm sorry no refunds" clause ( although personally I have had products refunded previously ), "we understand your complaint and will look into it" , "please feel free to share your experience on th forums (Xbox.com) . Yeah sure Xbox, great product knowledge, currently there is NO karaoke forum.

Okay, there will be some of you that will think I am an idiot to commit to 24 hours without thinking, what does it give me, and is it real time?

Yes, I can smile with you and presume that I am an idiot, but, please, I invite you to come to my house, I will buy you beer, and egg nodes, and lets see you sing for 24 hours straight. Yeah.:mad:

Still, I log the game, and can see myself wasting lots of ms points on the damn thing, however, hopefully my experience will warn you not to be as foolish as me.

Gamer tag: DOOMEY

Still, I log the game, and can see myself wasting lots of ms points on the damn thing, however, hopefully my experience will warn you not to be as foolish as me.

Thanks for the heads up! I was about to buy a 2 hour pass to try it out but I had a feeling it would mean "2 hours real-time and not game-play time" and I didn't have 2 hours real-time to spare.

yeah i was pretty bummed i bought a 2 hr block the day it came out. i was a bit sick with sore throat sang for like 45 min and blew my voice out. came back a day and a half later hoping to still have about an hour left. nope:mad: so far ive bought another 2hr block and used it fully. i just got to level 19, how much MS points do you guys figure it takes to 100% this??

yeah i was pretty bummed i bought a 2 hr block the day it came out. i was a bit sick with sore throat sang for like 45 min and blew my voice out. came back a day and a half later hoping to still have about an hour left. nope:mad: so far ive bought another 2hr block and used it fully. i just got to level 19, how much MS points do you guys figure it takes to 100% this??

0 because you don't have to. But if you enjoy spending points than it would be like 7 hours or so.

I knew it was real time, and bought a 2 hour pass thinking I had some time to play. After half a song something came up with one of the horses we have here and I had to go out to deal with it, effectively wasting 240 MSP. The whole real time pass sucks, wish it was game time instead. That would be a lot better in my opinion. I think I will just stick to the free songs from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that doing this service online, at the same price for a month, is a better deal. But all up, I actually dig this service. I live a few minutes away from a karaoke parlor where you can rent rooms and sing any songs from a large catalog for $5 an hour or more. Now, I can basically host a party at my place and do the same thing, for less than $1 an hour (if I do the 6-hour block).

This setup isn't nearly as good if we just want to casually sing some songs, as many have pointed out - but then, we have tons of songs on Lips, Rock Band, and Karaoke Revolution to keep us busy, so I'd choose one of those if I just wanted to sing a couple songs.

All up - I think it's a neat idea, and one I'll use for parties. For achievements, I'll just use the free games. :woop:

• 3 weeks later...
you can also not play your free songs in favorites without a pas....

every time i start a song he ask for a pas ..first time i did it dit not ask..bullschit.

Nah man even if u fav a song one day, the next day it wont let you play that one that was free the other day without the pass. which is relly stupid.

Today i come on and all 5 songs are the exact same as yesterday. Not even cool.