Linking Code Not working not working

Caboose45

To everyone that is unable to link on the website, try changing your "Desired Username" to something different than what you have been using before...for instance, I was using my gamertag as my desired username, and it would not allow me to register; I input all my information using my GT as my desired username about 20 times and it didn't work. I tried using a different username and it worked the first time. Give it a shot and spread the news.

Hey just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the linking code achievement. I made an account on rockband.com enter my code atleast 10 times with my gamertag but yet it still says that its invalid.

p.s. First post every!!!!

p.s. Third to 1000 cod: black ops

congrats on the 1000 on cod, not. did u enjoy the game at least?? gotta say, barely a week since its been out and u have the full 1000? pretty pathetic bud, i hope your mommy is at least proud of you.

This worked for me. Friend tried it the next day, worked for him too.

1. Go to Rockband.com and sign in.

2. Go to My Gameplay > Settings > Linking

3. Unlink your account.

4. Sign out of Rockband.com

5. Write down your Rock Band 3 linking code.

6. If you're on Xbox Live, sign out and go to the Dashboard.

7. Sign up for a new account, on the screen check the box that says "I want to link to Rock Band 3" and enter your code.

8. Check your e-mail, activate your new account.

9. Sign in to Xbox Live and start up Rock Band 3.

10. That's it. I got mine after I went to the main menu and DLC was found.

If anyone tries it and gets the achievement, let me know... I'm kind of curious if it actually works or if it was just pure luck on our part.

3. Unlink your account.

7. Sign up for a new account, on the screen check the box that says "I want to link to Rock Band 3" and enter your code.

If anyone tries it and gets the achievement, let me know... I'm kind of curious if it actually works or if it was just pure luck on our part.

This 100% worked for me. Tried 20 times before and couldnt get it to work until I did this. Thanks man!

3. Unlink your account.

Just did this and it worked for me. Thanks, now I finally have that stupid achievement.

3. Unlink your account.

Yeah worked for me aswell - Superb!

Thank you for posting this solution, was worried I would be stuck with a odd gamerscore forever as sad as that may sound lol

Its having trouble reconizing my code, I've made a new account without linking, and then followed the steps from a post above and got to #7 where i just logged in again then tried linking account from there, it says the code is "all good!" and put in my gamertag, when I link it says my code is invalid. Anyway of getting around this? I tried linking account while setting a new account but wouldnt work then kept saying email and user name was taken.

I've got the same problem as darkmellow, it keeps saying the code is all good (even if I put in a total random one with the same number of digids). But when I try to sign in it keeps saying 'Invalid' so I tried to make a new account and link it and nothing is happening. I tried using my gt as my username first, but it said it was already in use, although I never made it... lol

I did link my account for rockband 2, but that was via facebook which i cant log in with anymore

edit: I tried to do it whitout signing in, and now it says the linking code is already in use but not on my rockband profile

Edited by SpiritBlood

I had the problem with the achievement not popping from launch up until Tuesday.. While searching the rockband.com forums for an answer, their site went "down" (ie: any attempt to go to the site gave me the "we're fine tuning the site for the release of Rock Band 3" page from launch day). Checked back an hour or so later and the site was back up so I turned on my 360, started up RB3 and the achievement popped.

Only thing I can think is that maybe they were having issues on the site with certain accounts and fixed them during that downtime. So for the people who originally linked to their existing rb.com accounts and are now having issues with their new accounts (saying the code is in use, etc.) may want to try again with their old accounts.

Or it was just a fluke on my part. Either way I figured it couldn't hurt to let people know =)