Difficulty

XxBlueSpade2xX

How is the jump from Normal to Hard to Realistic? I haven't had any trouble on Normal.

I played through the first 3 levels on normal then started again in hard mode because normal was just not a challenge whatsoever. The jump from normal to hard is not huge, only thing I could notice was small things like the enemies being a little more aggressive and having more health. Still very easy though in my opinion.

Haven't tried realistic mode yet so I cant say how that is, im going to do that one in coop most likely.

Realistic isn't hard at all because of unlimited feat usage. I thought it would be really hard cuz that is what the developers said.

But I have completed only Knight and Viking chapters so don't know how Samurai plays out.

From my experience Hard and Realistic modes are the same except Realistic doesn't have checkpoints and combat hud (can't see enemies stance).

In Realistic difficulty I use healing feat and the one that gives you 45sec unblockable strikes. Can't die and no one can block you so it doesn't matter what stance the enemy is using :)

The most difficult part of the game for me so far is getting used to the controls. They feel a little clunky as I'm more accustomed to more fluid combat in other games that I've played. I'm guessing that the more you play you'll get used to it but if anyone has any tips or tricks on making the combat easier I would gladly appreciate them.

The most difficult part of the game for me so far is getting used to the controls. They feel a little clunky as I'm more accustomed to more fluid combat in other games that I've played. I'm guessing that the more you play you'll get used to it but if anyone has any tips or tricks on making the combat easier I would gladly appreciate them.

The biggest tip is to learn the traits of your character and to "exploit" them. If you have a super quick short range character, then lots of movement and combos are how you should play. On the opposite end, if you have a long range tank, keep your distance, stand your ground and throw when possible.

It's very important to play each character differently, there is no 1 solution to every hero.

I finished the Knight chapter on realistic earlier and it wasn't too bad at all. You can skip enemies on a lot of the levels, the Peacekeeper mission for example I just ran past everybody until I got to the base at the end. The healing feat and the one that makes your attacks unblockable make it fairly trivial

The biggest tip is to learn the traits of your character and to "exploit" them. If you have a super quick short range character, then lots of movement and combos are how you should play. On the opposite end, if you have a long range tank, keep your distance, stand your ground and throw when possible.

It's very important to play each character differently, there is no 1 solution to every hero.

Thanks for tip Maka. I'll keep that in mind when I play again. Hopefully it'll feel more fluid and natural after a few hours in. I'm enjoying the game but getting used to a control scheme that I haven't really encountered before does add to the difficulty for me.

Realistic really isn't that difficult, the best advice I can give is to watch where the CPU's weapon is, on their right, left or above their head. Also, learning the characters combo's is a good idea, then you'll know just how many attacks you need to block. Apollyon is easily the biggest challenge, my advice for her is to try and block as much as you can to get your Revenge meter up, then use it when she tries to attack you. That'll cause her to fall to the ground where you can get some easy free hits.

So far I've replayed 3 Knight chapters for the collectibles on Realistic and it's a joke; I believe I'm campaign level 20.

As mentioned the only difference is you do not have the attack indicator to tell you where to block.

The one question I do have that I haven't seen asked is do the difficulty achievements stack?

• 1 year later...

Just started. Realistic can be frustrating because of no checkpoints and I've struggled with some bosses as I'm not great at this game. Breezed through some levels while others took me multiple tries. I'm at 2.4 right now. I've been using the Health feat and the "take less damage" feats. Thanks for the advice on the Unblockable one, I'll try it out.