how do i change my gamertag for freee

enderx  noob killer

You used to be able to if you had complaints filed against your tag. Then microsoft would force you to change it. Now however if you get complaints about your gamertag they force you to change it but also force you to pay the 800MS to do so.
lol how would microsoft force someone?

hi im new here and some of you may call me noobish but how do i change my gamertag for free... please help

First off, you must have a name that from some point of view can be seen as offensive. Second, you are going to have to have a good amount of complaints filed against your gamertag. If Microsoft decides that in some fathomable way your gamertag can be offensive, they will force you to change it, free of charge.

Wait a minute, they force you to pay now? Do you have any links to a news article to support this?

lol how would microsoft force someone?

They have this stick right....

No no, what I mean is, if your tag is actually offensive they will tell you to change it, and if you dont I guess you get banned for an amount of time, and if you still dont, then WHACK perma-ban.

Edit: so to respond to the "Forced payment" you dont have to pay, but if its offensive they ban you as its against the CoC. And no I dont have material to support this other than other peoples stories etc.

Double Edit: edited original statement, too many forces!

Edited by Pootcrum

First off, you must have a name that from some point of view can be seen as offensive.

good point there dude, like he said if your gamertag is completely non offensive you will probably not get forced to change it even with a LOT of complaints, even with mildly offensive GT's it can still take a lot of complaints against it, dude if u really want it changed that bad either a) pay for it or b) if you got like nothing important on it make a new one

Since there will be loads of posts saying about "File Complaints" or "Negative Feedback"

It simply does not work anymore, Xbox Live caught onto this idea and stopped it.

The only way to get your gamertag changed is to pay the 800 Microsoft Points, i know it sounds expencive but i have had to do it and so have many others.

Hope that clears it all up for you =)

With a gamerscore of 940, I would just say make a new gamertag to be honest, unless you have purchased a bunch of content already on this tag or have a lot of Gold membership left. That is the only reason I would pay to change my gamertag now if I wanted to, I wouldn't care about losing the score by creating a free one, but having to have multiple accounts to get all my arcade games back would just be a lot of hassle, plus I have over 10 months Gold membership left. Luckily I am happy with my gamertag, only issue I sometimes get is people thinking I am German because of it (actually made for some funny conversations while I was playing some Americans on Uno), not even a German name or word, just sounds German.