So Season Two finished. Spoliers!

supadryz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, yeah I don't expect any of them to make it out but there are still better ways for people to die. it bugs me when it's just from really stupid highly avoidable situations

It's a kinda-horror franchise... people HAVE to do stupid things :p

Enjoyed season one! By the end of this season I just wished everyone would have died. So sick of the endless horrible choices and the way all the characters acted. A bunch of adults looking to a child for guidance....and acting like even worse children. This game has run it's course for me, and the act it getting old. Hope they can recover a do a better job for Season 3. Maybe have the adults act their age?

I can't believe so few people stuck with Kenny! I've always had his back and vice versa (apart from when he punched me on the train but I didn't fight back)

Jane has ditched you once and would do it again, she had been antagonising Kenny and she also told me not to get involved with the fight... As useful as she was in terms of survival she's a lone wolf and willing to risk her own life to make Kenny look like the monster

I'd said from the end of ep 3 that I thought this season would end with the choice to kill Kenny/Luke... That woulda been much more difficult! 2 characters who seem to have your best interests at heart and that you actually give a shit about

The way telltale work it neither jane or Kenny will survive long in season 3 and I've got no idea how they can try and tie all the possible endings into one story ???

and I've honestly been shocked so many people like Kenny at all after season 1. he is a cowardly selfish bastard with a huge temper and a short fuse.

He saved Christa and tried to save Ben putting his own life at risk... yeah, a total pussy, right?

I can't recall him ever even interacting with Crista in my game, and Ben was a goner all he should've done was put him out of his misery and actually come help with Clem (who I might add I had to twist his damn arm to actually get him to come along in the first place). but let's see his cowardly actions shall we at least the stuff I can remember as it has been awhile.

episode 1 as soon as Duck is out of danger he runs off and refuses to help you save Herschel's son.

Episode 2 was just a parade of reasons to hate him, he smashes Larry's head open despite the fact that the guy could very well be alive, he refuses to cover Lee when crazy brother with the named Rifle enters the barn just because he was mad at him for not helping to smash Larry's head resulting in almost getting him killed.

Episode 3 he was dealing with the direct death of his family so I don't really fault him for as being as much of a jerk as he was, but honestly the guy couldn't have handed me the damn map from the train car without making me beat him up first, and before any of that he was a little baby "well Lee shot a woman on the supply run" ya know ignoring the fact that I saved her from being torn alive by a dozen walkers as he wanted us to do

episode 4 just an unreasonable jerk the majority of the time, he got all pissy at you for not murdering ben then it's highly likely he won't even offer to come help you find Clementine unless you really kiss his ass

Episode 5 again very high chance he'll stay and play with the boa instead of actually helping you come find Clem, that is of course till he gets beaten up and boat-jacked by a bunch of dying senior citizens. He did attempt to help ben, but like I said above it was a pointless suicidal gesture as there was no way out and since we didn't see it for all we know the spiteful bastard used his 1 last bullet to kneecap ben so he could watch on in delight as the person he foolishly believed killed his family could be eaten alive in some extra agony.

and he wasn't any better in season 2, anytime you ever remotely disagreed with him he flips out, he picked little petty fights with every single person every moment he could, the man just had no tact and couldn't think in any kind of pressure situation. so in closing these are some of the reasons I can remember off the top of my head why I shot Kenny (and truth be told I still felt bad about it even after all this)

I can't recall him ever even interacting with Crista in my game, and Ben was a goner all he should've done was put him out of his misery and actually come help with Clem (who I might add I had to twist his damn arm to actually get him to come along in the first place). but let's see his cowardly actions shall we at least the stuff I can remember as it has been awhile.

episode 1 as soon as Duck is out of danger he runs off and refuses to help you save Herschel's son.

Episode 2 was just a parade of reasons to hate him, he smashes Larry's head open despite the fact that the guy could very well be alive, he refuses to cover Lee when crazy brother with the named Rifle enters the barn just because he was mad at him for not helping to smash Larry's head resulting in almost getting him killed.

Episode 3 he was dealing with the direct death of his family so I don't really fault him for as being as much of a jerk as he was, but honestly the guy couldn't have handed me the damn map from the train car without making me beat him up first, and before any of that he was a little baby "well Lee shot a woman on the supply run" ya know ignoring the fact that I saved her from being torn alive by a dozen walkers as he wanted us to do

episode 4 just an unreasonable jerk the majority of the time, he got all pissy at you for not murdering ben then it's highly likely he won't even offer to come help you find Clementine unless you really kiss his ass

Episode 5 again very high chance he'll stay and play with the boa instead of actually helping you come find Clem, that is of course till he gets beaten up and boat-jacked by a bunch of dying senior citizens. He did attempt to help ben, but like I said above it was a pointless suicidal gesture as there was no way out and since we didn't see it for all we know the spiteful bastard used his 1 last bullet to kneecap ben so he could watch on in delight as the person he foolishly believed killed his family could be eaten alive in some extra agony.

and he wasn't any better in season 2, anytime you ever remotely disagreed with him he flips out, he picked little petty fights with every single person every moment he could, the man just had no tact and couldn't think in any kind of pressure situation. so in closing these are some of the reasons I can remember off the top of my head why I shot Kenny (and truth be told I still felt bad about it even after all this)

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/25/41/7c2541c61bac71c21e80caad156eba01.jpg

Everybody resents you if you disagree with them, Kenny seems to be the scapegoat just because he's not the smartest.

Jane is also a coward for leaving her sister to die and then try and convince Clementine that Sarah was beyond saving, which in the end she is but let Clementine make that choice. Jane's an antagonizing pos that doesn't give a damn about anybody but herself, Her "helping" Clementine was completely the opposite of everything Lee taught her.

Luke is also a coward, he had no problem accepting Walter and Kenny's invitations into the lodge and then immediately tries to to hide the truth about Matthew to them.

Nobody's perfect.

Before listing my choices, I need to say... there's another family at the end!? I'm actually amazed that the ending can be so different.

- So, I protected the kid, that, to me, was a no-brainer.

- Went to help Luke. What a Titanic-esque way to go... beautifully tragic, though honestly, I was still a bit mad at him for failing to keep watch in the previous episode.

- Didn't ask to leave. Screw those guys. After trying to trust Bonnie, I realized here that she really still is like 400 Days portrayed her: untrustworthy and self-serving. Mike, though... goddamnit Mike, you seemed like less of a prick. The fact that he was willing to take everything just bothered me so damn much.

- Didn't shoot Kenny. I know I'll be in the minority here, but Kenny is easily my favorite part of the whole series, next to the relationship between Lee and Clem. And honestly, while I see what Jane was trying to prove, she pushed it too far. You don't test anyone with something that awful, and I wasn't about ready to test Clem's life to someone with a proven history of abandonment. Kenny might not be all there, but he doesn't seem to find solace in leaving people behind.

- Finally, even further in the minority, I stuck with Kenny, completely giving up on the Wellington idea. After everything I'd been through, leaving Clem with no one and Kenny alone in the woods just wasn't something I was willing to do. I don't care how crazy he might become, I'm sticking with him as long as I can.

So, hopefully, next season, we get some finality for Christa. Though, I think she likely didn't make it out of the scuffle from episode 1... still would be nice to know for sure. As for all the different possible endings, I can only wonder if Telltale will actually form entirely different scenarios for everyone, or if it will still find a way to be merged into one story again. Just from a marketing standpoint, I can't imagine promoting a story that most of your recurring players won't even fully recognize.

All that said, I can't wait to see what comes next. This may not have been as strong as season 1, but I feel like season 3 could take the best of each season and turn it into something more memorable than the first.

I did these choices too. Kenny was going crazy but I felt bad for him and I thought he deserved a second chance at life with AJ. I liked Jane but the stunt she pulled with lying about losing AJ just to test Kenny was too much. I had to side with Kenny.

I am really intrigued at how season 3 will play out. Sadly I'm assuming Kenny or Jane will die right away if you stuck with them.

I have to admit, I stayed with Kenny and turned down Wellington with the hopes that after the ending the group would eventually be able to come back and be accepted there. I couldn't feel right about leaving someone on their own in that kind of environment, even if he has been temperamental lately.

I doubt season 3 will pick up immediately where this one left off though. It feels like it's starting to get to the point where it'll be harder and harder to separate from/kill off Clem if they continue to build the series around her. It seems plausible that it could be time to take a step away from her (at least for a while) so that TT doesn't paint itself into a corner, story-wise. An older AJ as the main character would be interesting, though.

I left Wellington behind with Kenny.

That episode was heartbreaking. I wish there was an option for leaving aj in Wellington, as that's what it should have been. Now me and Kenny are still together (happy), but aj is in the woods too.

I also really liked Jane, but Kenny truly loves clem and aj. I'm not sacrificing that.

• 2 weeks later...