Roots of Evil Discussion

Sms4001

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many points do you get for each root because I hadnt destroyed any and now in chapter 7-4 I need 30 points to continue I have just destroyed 3 and have 7 points. Do I really have to kill like 8 more?

Cheers in advance

I don't know if it's random or related to how difficult the puzzle related to the root is but it seems that it differs per root.

I'm in level 8 and there's a root that's like on an island and it's too far for me to throw a bottle, how do I do this?

Edit : found it, you have to take ramp southwest of the root and jump out right as you're about to take the jump because if you stay in the car you die... And then of course shoot the gas tank of your car.

Well man I am stuck here, I make the jump, the car gets there, but then I have no way to blow up the tank. The red spot just doesn't stick to it si I waste my bullets. I have tried every position,, from the ramp, on the left side on the "balcony", and I even crossed on foot on the right side where it is white on the ground. Never got the car to explode. Where did you put yourself ???

EDIT : NVM, you just have to do it again until the car is well positioned. Sometimes it lands on a position where you just can't shoot it. So kill yourself and repeat.

Edited by Asturgis
Done it.

Remember once you press LT you set it on fire so try timing when to set it on fire, if it's to soon try pressing LT a little later.

this still doesn't explain how to do it

I'm still stuck at that single the "behind the fence" root of evil its my last one

and yet the bottle always explodes BEFORE it gets behind the fence

because the passage is too SMALL, the only thing that goes past it is a burning glass molotof trowed against the gasbottle ... stopped it near the Root and nothing :uzi:Happens

anyway i'm waiting for a youtube vid for this one :p

EDIT: i almost had it the molotof needs to be placed on the lowest part of the metal

Edited by Daimakaimura

I missed two roots in Chapter 3, can I go back via chapter select or can I get back there in a later chapter?

You don't need to do any roots till the start of chapter 7 and 8. Then you get sections that basically just is burning roots to get your vision powers high enough. Roots just stay in the game from the first time you encounter them till the end of the game (more and more will however popup, at chapter 8's start all will be visible). So no need to go back, do them in chapter 7 and 8.

After Chapter 8.1 it's all liniar again with no real return to the free-roaming of before that. So Finnish it up in 8.1 if you want the achievements. Mind you, I think even after you can still do them by selecting chapter 8.1. I just did so after finishing the game to get some last achievements (the combination of materials) and all the roots where gone (I burned them all in 8.1).

The first root in Central Park (bottom left of map, in a wet cellar of a big stately home.

I went down there, killed the bug nest thing and burned the root but that part of the radar never cleared. I went back there after doing the car jump bit to double check and the root's gone and I did pick up 2 spectral vision points but the GPS is still jammed.

did I miss one?

I noticed earlier people talking about the root on 8.1 in the NW corner (the one w/ Vampirz). I never could find a ledge to hop on and reach it, but I WAS able to park my car under it and jump on top. Even though the Vampirz attacked me, I was able to barely reach it with a bottle of alcohol and I shot it. Hope this helps anyone with a problem. :)

The first root in Central Park (bottom left of map, in a wet cellar of a big stately home.

I went down there, killed the bug nest thing and burned the root but that part of the radar never cleared. I went back there after doing the car jump bit to double check and the root's gone and I did pick up 2 spectral vision points but the GPS is still jammed.

did I miss one?

You missed two actually. It's quite hard to see, but where you got the first one on the wall there is an electircal box. Connect the wire's to make a lift appear, take the lift and upstairs are two more roots (watch out for the fisure that will come at you).

i'm on chapter 6 at the moment and i'm doing the root thats right next to the big lake [go inside teh building, down to ladders into the black stuff on the floor] its protected by the metal fencing and everytime i throw a bottle it sticks to the fence. tried all sorts of combinations of throwing techniques different lengths/heights etc and having no luck. any ideas?

any tips on getting out of said room as well? i tried throwing glowsticks into spots where i would need them [ie. the corner and right in front of the ladder] but the one i throw towards the ladder keeps moving with the black liquid :|

sorry >.<

Edited by Snugglepuffle