Poker! achievement. Help please!

Damn ya guys are really really really lucky. I'm hunted by this stupid achievement for two days now. Although I like this mini-game the highest thing I always roll is "four of a kind". Stupid shit.

Geralt 37 x 39 Soldier = Nothing!

Geralt 41 x 27 Soldier = Still Nothing!

To be fucking continued...

Edit: Thank you Berthold Candeler (craftman in FLOTSAM). Thank you for letting me win with a "five of a kind" in our very first game. Oh and thank you for crafting me a sword. Two achievements down because of you. Gotta dig the dwarfs. :biglaugh

Also this method here from my friend Charlie is not that bad too, but didn't work for me so far, only useful if you got "four of a kind":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKj7aWDnPA]The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Poker! Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got this at my 6 roll :) you need luck this is a only luck archievement

Yeah sure is, or the system fucks with you somehow cause as soon as I got my "five of a kind" in Flotsam (see post above) I went to the INN and played against the monk in the corner in the basement and got "another five of a kind" with only one roll in the very first game. Not funny, cause it took me lots of hours to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this achievement glitched? I rolled 5 5's on my first roll, but got no achievement after the game ended. Fiorvanti (my opponent) resigned after the first roll...does the game actually have to finish for the achievement to pop? Or does the 5 of a kind have to come from re-rolling at least once?

Just got this. Was frustrated for awhile because I couldn't do what the video was telling me to do but what I realized (and the videos don't seem to mention it) is that you only need to barely move the control stick but move it UPWARDS as the dice seem to go in the direction you move the stick. So barely tap it upwards and they should stack like the videos after a few tries (took me 4 tries moving upwards).

This is SUCH pain in the ass... It took me like three hours or so, but I finally got it!

It's probably the easiest when you try to get it in the first act, as poker players in Flotsam don't withdraw from the game if you get four of a kind on the first roll ;)

Edited by Shina Black

Despite the videos that show how to "stack" the dice, it never helped. I decided just to throw dice. Just got lucky after about 20 mins. Seriously, though, fuck this one.

A half a dozen times I would throw 4 of a kind on the first roll and they would resign before I could get the last one. I had to get 3 of a kind THEN the other 2. I'm surprised I got it. Crazy.

Ok...I'm sorry this ACHIEVEMENT is BULLSHIT! I have tried the method in Blazes video post and just a bunch of random throws and every time I get three of a kind or four of a kind the cock suckers back out on me and screw me of the Achievement...Its starting to look like I am going to need to do it on my first try or just give up...Just starting to feel like the frickin game is cheating now... :mad: