Mine! Glitched (In a good way)

JasonRVS

I went back to this game for the multiplayer achievements recently. I was using a dummy account and a second controller and had already finished the Beginner and Intermediate MP achievements, switching at times between my main account and my dummy account as the "lead" account for which you can read the stats. I had already gotten Mine! on my main account.

I was playing through on hardcore, Level 3. My dummy account was registered as the "lead" player (so I could go back and check level completion after every one because sometimes they don't get recorded), although it was using the second-player controller. I then went into a level and started moving the characters around.

I accidentally picked up the wrong controller, picked up a rat with my dummy account, threw it, and Mine! popped. There is no way that I picked up every weapon. In fact, I don't remember picking up any others.

After finishing the level, I went back to the blacksmith to see if that was the only weapon I'd ever picked up. The weapon statistics were full, suggesting I had legitimately gotten the achievement. However, I then noticed the two categories at the bottom: Favorite and Throwing. For Favorite is said Knife, suggesting I had picked up that weapon before. But for Throwing it said Rat.

I'm thinking that at some point the weapon counts got picked up by my dummy account, but that wasn't enough for the achievement. It wasn't until I A) picked up a weapon for Favorite and B) threw a weapon to fill in Throwing that it registered for the achievement.

I haven't been able to test this in any other way or answer some important questions. When did my dummy account pick up the weapon tally? Will this work online? But if this does work it will save you a lot of annoying bookkeeping.

(If it doesn't happen automatically when you play together, my theory for when the dummy account picked up the weapon tally is the following. At some point I had my main account as the "lead" account and decided to switch. I was in Taleville. So I logged out of my main account, which brings you back to the title screen. I then hit start on my controller logged into my dummy account so that it was now the "lead" account. I went over to the statue to make sure the book was reading the stats for my dummy account. Then I re-logged in with my main account, which was still the first-player controller. When I did this the image on the statue switched to the character being controlled by my main account which had just logged in. Confused yet?)

Edited by JasonRVS