Pro tip: How to uncover the entire map.

Vigor

Create a new character.

Start on Hardcore difficulty.

Load up your favorite map or any map will do, your choice.

Find an enemy and have yourself killed or by any means, just Die.

This will turn you into a Ghost that has the ability to fly across the map.

You can now uncover the map (Press :back: to keep track)

You will be removing the Black curtain with your ghost but you are unable to see the location of the ghost.

Since obstacles are no problem for a ghost, you can even search for anything ranging from Heart crystals to dungeons or even a floating island.

Once you are done (save) exit to main menu, load your regular character and start looting the uncovered map.

Happy hunting!

No Scope. You can usually go from the middle of the map, to the ocean assuming with a ghost.. in about 2-5 minutes? Haven't tested this yes, though, but I've heard this tip on the Wikia page of Terraria.

This is great for finding floating islands. I actually made a sky bridge to find floating islands. Lol. That's a pain, specially with all the harpies while you're making that bridge.

Harpies are the worst! I found a sky island using this ghost trick and it took ten times longer to build a staircase than it needed to.

Build two steps, kill three harpies, build two steps, kill two harpies, hide and regen health, repeat.

Right, I'm gonna sound like a tard now, but how do you select difficulty? I've created a new character, but when I choose a map, the game jumps straight into the loading screen. Confused! :confused:

When you're making a character, one of the tabs is the difficulty selection.

• 1 month later...

I died and all but...the screen simply went back. I'm no ghost o_o

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize the underground is pitch black without any light source ;>_> moved around until I discovered I was in fact a ghost. Pretty good way of uncovering the map, oh yes.

Edited by TVthePunisher

This is great for finding floating islands. I actually made a sky bridge to find floating islands. Lol. That's a pain, specially with all the harpies while you're making that bridge.

for whatever reason my mind read that as HERPIES... lol :) and yeah, skybirdging across an ENTIRE map is not fun...

going to use this when i can tear myself from Defiance :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...