Simple way to make a lot of money.

daardu

To do this you must have progressed through the HOMSTEAD missions and be able to buy BEAR PELTs and BEAVER PELTs. To make the most of your money you must also be able to craft NAVAL CONVOYs and the get a CAPACITY UPGRADE. To even greater increase your profits you must have done the NAVAL MiSSIONs allowing you to trade to LOUISBOURG. Assuming you've done all of the above lets begin.

1: Buy out all of Myriam's BEAR PELTs and BEAVER PELTs

2: Send your NAVAL CONVOYs filled with Bear and the other Beaver Pelts to LOUISBOURG.

3: When they arrive your PROFIT will be that of 12,000 £

For a faster way but not as large of lump sum, do this with the LAND CONVOY, but be sure to defend it whenever it gets attacked.

Any questions? feel free to ask.

Naval convoys to Virgin Islands give you the most profit. Though my convoy is glitched after doing all privateer mission. The risk rate is still 80%.

A good alternative as already mentioned is using land convoys.

To unlock the shops for trade, you have to sell them something. I suggest selling them an undamaged pelt since they are needed for another achievement.

I visited all Shops in New York and bought stuff in there do I need to sell something to them as well to unlock sending convoys there?

Please read all before mentioned posts before posting. As I said. To unlock stores to send convoys to them, sell the something. I suggest a undamaged pelt since that is also needed for an achievement.

Apparently I'm in the top 1% for making money by sending out convoys. I suspect that this is only because the game does a poor job of explaining this feature.

I suspect its because convoy's are boring and you can easily get enough money to buy all you need early on, and thats when most people stop sending out convoy's

Start>Animus Training Center>Leaderboards>Economy Stats

Will give you an exact number of where you are instead of a percentage btw.

Edited by SpinelesS

Yeah I'm in the top 1% for Recruit kills and I don't even feel like I'm using them that much, only when a see a big group I want to mow through.

Doesn't surprise me that convoys/crafting aren't used that much;

I had no idea where to access the menu after not paying attention the first time until I crossed the book in Achilles' Manor

I had no idea how to level up my Artisans. In hindsight it's pretty obvious.

I held off on convoys until I'd done all the Item Delivery missions as I didn't want to ship off materials that might be needed for stuff that needed to be crafted. This means I needed to find the recipes. Which means I needed to find the almanacs and chests. Which means I needed maps. Which means I needed money. Which I can get by sending Convoys... Oh.

This thread is the first time I'm seeing anything about Naval convoys.

First merchant in New York is usually the man with the best money. Sugar something? Just give him everything if you haven't got the naval ones yet.

Yeah I'm in the top 1% for Recruit kills and I don't even feel like I'm using them that much, only when a see a big group I want to mow through.

Doesn't surprise me that convoys/crafting aren't used that much;

I had no idea where to access the menu after not paying attention the first time until I crossed the book in Achilles' Manor

I had no idea how to level up my Artisans. In hindsight it's pretty obvious.

I held off on convoys until I'd done all the Item Delivery missions as I didn't want to ship off materials that might be needed for stuff that needed to be crafted. This means I needed to find the recipes. Which means I needed to find the almanacs and chests. Which means I needed maps. Which means I needed money. Which I can get by sending Convoys... Oh.

This thread is the first time I'm seeing anything about Naval convoys.

First merchant in New York is usually the man with the best money. Sugar something? Just give him everything if you haven't got the naval ones yet.

So I just have to start with buying all the maps?

I am in Sequence 6 and roaming through the frontier, killing and skinning every animal I run in to and have about 25.000. I think that should be enough to get all the maps

Edited by BSH 1975

You don't necessarily need to buy the maps, at least not for recipes. Just find a guide online that shows you how to make everything. You are going to need to get all the chests and almanacs anyway for the DNA tracker but if you want to craft before then, just look everything up.

I made this thread and it thoroughly explains how to make a lot of money, among other things that the game doesn't tell you.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=398852

thanks for the advice, will have a look.