Spartan Ops Info and Discussion * Episode 5 Released *

Clueless

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Spartan Ops stuff is confusing. Are you saying that these can only be done this week!? Need a bit of info of how Spartan Ops works...
Think of it like a TV show. New Episode airs once a week, but once the episode has aired you can watch it over and over again. :)

Too bad the difficulty is random in Spartan Ops matchmaking. They should give us an option to find games of said difficulty.

From what I read earlier (I forget where) it's not random, it's based on how many people are in the game.

Has anybody unlocked the challenge "episode of legend?" I have completed it solo and still I have nothing. I just want to know if its bugged out just on me of if everyone can't get it.

I have the same problem. I completed it coop and nothing, I don't know if we have to beat it both ways or that challenge is bugged as you said

Has anybody unlocked the challenge "episode of legend?" I have completed it solo and still I have nothing. I just want to know if its bugged out just on me of if everyone can't get it.

I did it last night, had no issues. I did all the chapters solo on Legendary :uzi:

Think of it like a TV show. New Episode airs once a week, but once the episode has aired you can watch it over and over again. :)

From what I read earlier (I forget where) it's not random, it's based on how many people are in the game.

Well, I tried literally about 20/25 times with all four people being there, and all i got was Heroic every single time. Just do it solo, not that hard, just time consuming

I did it last night, had no issues. I did all the chapters solo on Legendary :uzi:

Yeah its kinda fun to solo them alone (if nothing else it lists your highest completion so I wanna try Legendary them all, even without daily xp or achievements popping in future episodes).

Does any one know if the double exp from moutain dew work in spartan ops?

I would say yes just because of this post

Well if 9-10k exp per run with double exp is considered good then yes.

I did that and reached XP Cap twice so far

Seems to me like they are talking about it working in Spartan Ops.

Yeah its kinda fun to solo them alone (if nothing else it lists your highest completion so I wanna try Legendary them all, even without daily xp or achievements popping in future episodes).

and fairly easy considering you just respawn all day, I feel like maybe they should have a respawn cap so you have to at least try and strategize otherwise you can just keep throwing bodies at the enemy.... Low on ammo can't find any nearby I'll just go die really quick.

as a previous post states, episode 1 chapter 2 is fantastic for farming xp, i was on heroic last night and getting 4.5k per run. its more worthwhile than MP :Bounce:

anyone know when episode 2 comes out?

I thought they said every Friday they would have a new episode not sure at what time of day they will be available...

******NVRMND*********** Scratch that just looked around and on ign they have the dates that the new episodes will be realsed looks like every Tuesday... Makes sense I guess since new games come out on Tuesdays and that will have been one week since the frist episode was available.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Spartan_Ops

Edited by SAM 602
fix

anyone want to team up and run through all 5 spartan ops missions on legendary?

gt: iivi thor ivii

ill be on all night

Use this topic, you'll find faster responses - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=381849

Anyways, I just finished up episode 1. I like spartan ops, it's something new and different. I like the idea of respawning rather than checkpoints but I just don't feel accomplished after playing on legendary.

just a question as I'm a bit confused. I looked at my xbox storage and it says 'Spartan Ops Season 1: 1.5gb'. Does that mean that every week, I'll be needing to download a 1.5gb file for the weekly episode? If that's the case I'll really be needing a new HD

All MP content has to be on your HD. And by the looks of it there is a cinematic that takes a big chunk of storage to each time. So yeah, you need to clear out some old stuff if you want to keep all of em. I got a bunch of games on demand that needs to go then I guess.

Well if 9-10k exp per run with double exp is considered good then yes.

I did that and reached XP Cap twice so far

as a previous post states, episode 1 chapter 2 is fantastic for farming xp, i was on heroic last night and getting 4.5k per run. its more worthwhile than MP :Bounce:

anyone know when episode 2 comes out?

How do you get 4.5 k?

Do you need to do it fast?

Not die? I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong to get the same amount. I've been trying to figure out the scoring but coming up with blanks. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

If you disconnect from XBLive during your playthru of achapter, you have to redo the chapter to get the achievement.