TU soon?

It seems the PC got the weapon balances yesterday:

As requested by the community, here is the exhaustive all inclusive changelist of all balance updates made in the R10 Server update for PC.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.

Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.

Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.

Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.

Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.

Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.

Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.

Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.

Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.

Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.

Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.

Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.

Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.

Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.

Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.

Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.

Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.

Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.

Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.

Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.

Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

These changes will eventually make their way to the 360 and PS3 as we work with our partners Microsoft and Sony to continue to support BFBC2 on all platforms.

With <3, Demize99.

Discuss

DICE has proven time and time again they favor the PC over consoles.

We will get an update at some point, but I highly doubt it will contain near the amount of fixes the PC version did and I do not expect it this month.

EDIT: By the way, still waiting for a reply in the DLC thread from you, about me being right about the broken achievements...

I dont think they quite got the message from the community.

PROBLEM: M1911 is too powerful!

SOLUTION: Increase power of all pistols to match

PROBLEM: Shotguns have too far a range

SOLUTION: Decrease the range of the least used, shortest ranged existing shotgun (40MM)

PROBLEM: No problem exisits

SOLUTION: Icrease health in hardcore mode (defeats the point of hardcore completely!!)

That said, there are a lot of good changes here. Such as increased mostion mines, decreased accuracy of moving LMG's. Neerfed M60 :) Increased reload of mortors. Faster tracer dart. All assault rifles now worth using :) :) :)

Future promlems based on these changes:

Ultimate pistol whoring

T88 LMG = New M60

We will get an update at some point, but I highly doubt it will contain near the amount of fixes the PC version did and I do not expect it this month.

EDIT: By the way, still waiting for a reply in the DLC thread from you, about me being right about the broken achievements...

LOL you're waiting on a response from me? I thought we weren't on speaking terms =P

Seems like the DLC works with the majority of the world where it costs money... Dr. Pepper is just being lazy atm and not updating their site.. I can't really hold that against xbox or DICE

The Internetz......SERIOUS BUSINESS!

PROBLEM: M1911 is too powerful!

SOLUTION: Increase power of all pistols to match

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.

Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

PROBLEM: Shotguns have too far a range

SOLUTION: Decrease the range of the least used, shortest ranged existing shotgun (40MM)

Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Try reading between the lines

That I can now confirm will FUCK EVERYTHING UP.

There was not ONE fix on there, that I thought was a good idea.

Why do ALL patches just totally nerf all the weapons. If something is really raping, increase the effectiveness of the rest of the weapons, not decrease it. Things are meant to be devastating, just add something to counter it.

Destroying the G3 and 1911, my two favorites will just wreck the game.

I wont be surprised if any weapon even kills anyone anymore.

The only things I feel need to be fixed, is as said the AA turret damage, the 'knife the fence' glitch. The knife lunge range to be decreased and where it wont connect at all. Thompson and Garand stats. And be able to do damage to helicopters with Medium machine guns and rifles using 7.62 or higher. such as PKM, MG3 and the M60, and the G3 and M14.

I never got increasingly owned by any of those weapons that have been decreased. At least they didnt touch the M416.

Edited by Kivlov

Nice find lawyer guy. You can't expect some of these guys to actually read all that text? Lazy gamers. I'm fine with the balances. I'll play by whatever standards they want to create and still be successful as long as it's the same for everyone, what does it matter? It's not like Gears host advantage.

Hard to believe another title update coming so soon after today's DLC update. Why not just wait and combine them? Oh yeah the bitching:)

Edited by Chuppernicus

Tweaks look good to me. Finally the 1911 pistol won't be as useful as a freaking primary weapon and will serve it's proper function...as a secondary sidearm! Some people ran around with that thing with Magnum Ammo as their primary weapon, so glad that got tweaked.

Shotgun distance tweak is nice too, perhaps less long distance shotgun sniping? :p

I love how M$ are the reason why updates, fixes, games, and dlc is delayed or never comes to the Xbox. I bet The Orange Box would have been updated already if they didn't have the whole restrictions for achievements.
Then stop whining about "M$" (better yet stop buying their consoles) and go play on PC.

There are few things dumber than people who post "M$" or "Microsuck" posts (which are last year's news anyways) and yet financially support said company they think sucks because they make so much money...I mean really? :confused:

"Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles."

not needed at all in my opinion, especially against vehicles -- ive never had a problem with the mortor strikes --

and making gun damage decrease so that theyre closer to other guns is stupid -- whats the point in choosing a gun if theyre all the same ? there needs to be varying attributes in damage and not just in rate of fire etc -- thats the point in choices . . .

and making gun damage decrease so that theyre closer to other guns is stupid -- whats the point in choosing a gun if theyre all the same ? there needs to be varying attributes in damage and not just in rate of fire etc -- thats the point in choices . . .

yea like if a gun does alot of damage lower it accuracy or its fire rate., And if a gun does a low ammount of damage rase the accuracy or fire rate.

i tihnk different guns are still going to play different at least its not going to be like CoD:WaW were theres like 3 really good guns and the rest suck balls hard.

Has anyone used the Type 88 with the ACOG scope? Absolutely useless to increase the damage of this gun, as the bullets don't go anywhere near the little red aiming reticule. You basically have to pray that your bullets are going to hit anyone.

I do, i use it allot, it's actually the weapon i have the most kills with.

I honestly don't know why but in my hands the gun is a piece of magic.