Take it to the Max Achievement - Important Update

DannyMacDaddy

Hi,

Just thought I would let everyone know that YOU DO NOT need to keep EVERY upgraded weapon in your inventory for this achievement, I just got it with only a few in, the ones I was using.

So this makes this achievement so much easier as I just sold the fully upgraded weapons and recieved 15-30k per gun and used that money to upgrade another weapon.

Just thought I'd update with this info as I know it seems like a long achievement grinding for cash and its been reported by a lot of people that you need ALL wepaons upgraded and in your inventory.

Hope this makes it easier for some people.

Dan ;-)

Thanks for this! I sold a couple of my guns and got enough to upgrade the rest, achievement unlocked. Then what I did was I did not exit so it wouldnt save, just went back to dashboard and back into the game and sure enough all of my old upgraded guns are still there. :woop:

I think the L Hawk is the most important to get unlimited ammo for, followed by the H&K PSG 1 and whichever shotgun you like best (I used the M3). You are going to want all three with you all the time on the harder playthroughs, and I ended up using the shotgun > the magnum half the time because I'm a lousy shot...

I found (especially on Professional as it's a killer) that all you really need is infinite ammo for one of the good magnums, preferably the £30k one as it maxes out at 5000 damage and one shots everything, helps out a lot on boss fights to, on 6-2 when fighting that massive thing that mutates I just magnum shotted the different orange balls (sorry for the retarded descriptions haha) rather than using that slow ass satelite gun thing. A good shotgun always helps, M3 I found to be better than the Hydra in every way other than reload time and the fact that the hydra looks cool as owt when ya holding it but theres really no time for admiring this on Pro anyway :-)

Also as stated by Shaftiel the H&K PSG 1 is extremely useful as on several levels you can clear a lot of the mobs up before you even get into a face to face confrontation.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it all really depends on what you enjoy using...i'm kinda a shotgun person and i spent all my 120,000 cash on getting the guns i needed to get and finished maxing out the ak so i can go thru the rest of the normal campaign...But i would go with a fully upgraded shotgun and the ak 47 and at least 1 magnum....

i'll eventually get to veterian here in a few days so if u need help let me know i dont have live but i can pm you and give u hints or whatever

just thought i'd let u know

good luck