A method that works

TpYourHouse

This does indeed work... I tried it again now using some of the newer methods suggested and got it first go.

I also have tried doing it 50-100 times over the years and had not been able to get it to work, so was a bit skeptical!

How it worked for me:

1. Loaded my save game (Normal difficulty that was saved as soon as the elevator opens to fight fountaine)

2. Just fought him as per normal (on normal difficulty)

3. Once you go up to drain the last bit of adam, hit "a" to drain it, and then straight after that hit start

4. Change the difficulty to Hard

5. Hit start to go back to the battle

6. A second later or so the cut scene kicks in and you just need to wait for the achievements to pop up.

As others have said, I think the key to this is to not hit "B" to return to the game once you change the difficulty to hard... but to hit start instead.

That's really the only thing I did differently this time compared to all the other times I had tried over the years.

If this thread helps you in any way at all, rate it 5*. :woop:

I found this in a different thread where everyone (including me) was claiming that the glitch method to get "Brass Balls" and "Seriously Good At This" were not working, the reason it has not been working for you guys is simple, you MUST press the start button after changing the difficulty to hard after you stab Atlas for the last time, both achievements will unlock on the cut-scene where you are in the submarine with the girls surfacing out of the water, then you will get 2 for 140G. I hope this gets added to the main guide or something so people will stop getting confused and wasting their time with this. I am going to make a video and upload it to Youtube to prove that this method works once and for all.

Here is a video showing you how to get Brass Balls and Seriously Good At This. Just follow the red annotations in the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-PRel7iB8]YouTube- Bioshock Brass Balls guide[/ame]

If anyone had trouble getting it to work you either:

1.) Died during the game.

2.) Didn't turn off the chambers.

3.) Didn't have the dlc and updates.

4.) Didn't change the difficulty to hard.

5.) Cleared the system cache and played it off-line

6.) Didn't press the start button like you were supposed to do.

7.) Played through the whole game, died, then turned the chambers off.

8.) Some or all of the above.

Some people are saying after they made sure none of the above was the reason it wasn't working that they still couldn't get the achievements, the only thing left for you to do is to start a new game.... But I wouldn't give up, keep trying to get it to work, you may surprise yourself and get it right. I was about to start a brand new game and I did it the right way and saved hours of time.

Edited by TpYourHouse

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thanks i got the seriously good at this achievement! But i cant seem to the get brass balls achievement for some reason :(

Do i need to play through an entire game not ever using a vita-chamber to get it maybe?

If you ever used one in your playthrough, then it wouldn't give you it. So yeah, just do a playthrough on easy and rush through it.

If you ever used one in your playthrough, then it wouldn't give you it. So yeah, just do a playthrough on easy and rush through it.

Here's the thing, if you started a game, and then during the game you turned the chambers off, I don't think you would get the achievement, so what I did was I started a new game and turned the chambers off and then started another new game and played through on that 2nd new game.

Umm...either you're being funny, or I'm not explaining it quite well

Bioshock on easy difficulty, w/o using glitches.

I hope you're understanding that you don't have to play through the game on hard to get Brass Balls. In your first post you said you had to play through it on hard, I'm just saying you don't have to do that.

I hope you're understanding that you don't have to play through the game on hard to get Brass Balls. In your first post you said you had to play through it on hard, I'm just saying you don't have to do that.

Without a glitch, no, but according to the devs...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/271/00000003.jpg

Brass Balls100 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber

this didn't work for me,tried it this morning about 7 or so times,i reloaded a save just before the end bad guy,got 3 ADAMs down and then when i pressed A for the last bit of ADAM,i then pressed start,went to options,highlighted difficulty and pressed left so it changed to Hard and then pressed Start.....the rest of the way i didn't touch anything -i did the last ADAM,and watched the cutscene...and that was it,did it about 7 or so times

this didn't work for me,tried it this morning about 7 or so times,i reloaded a save just before the end bad guy,got 3 ADAMs down and then when i pressed A for the last bit of ADAM,i then pressed start,went to options,highlighted difficulty and pressed left so it changed to Hard and then pressed Start.....the rest of the way i didn't touch anything -i did the last ADAM,and watched the cutscene...and that was it,did it about 7 or so times

You're the 1st person it hasn't worked for, I don't know what to tell you except that you're doing something wrong. Maybe you need to go through the game again, maybe that save is messed up, I don't know.

Edited by TpYourHouse

You're the 1st person it hasn't worked for, I don't know what to tell you except that you're doing something wrong. Maybe you need to go through the game again, maybe that save is messed up, I don't know.

i tried it on two saves,one was a save i made another was an autosave...guess i will try again sometime

don't suppose the same trick works for Bioshock 2 by any chance,i had a hard time with that on Normal!!

Okay first off nice vid I will be trying this tomorrow.

All I am unsure of is if you can go through the whole game on easy and then do this-can anyone confirm or deconfirm this?

Also I know my game recieved a patch yesterday (was the first time I have played it in around 6 weeks however)-does anyone know if the update fixes this glitch.

Thanks.

Edited by Roose91

For clarification about playing through on easy and having vita chambers enabled:

I have just progressed through the entire game up until the point of the glitch on easy and did not die during the game. I only just disabled vita-chambers before the Fontaine battle and i was still able to get both of the achievements.

(edit) @Roose91

I have all the latest updates and started playing the game through just a few days ago. As i stated above, i have completed the game and got both achievements.

Edited by darthfyer

For clarification about playing through on easy and having vita chambers enabled:

I have just progressed through the entire game up until the point of the glitch on easy and did not die during the game. I only just disabled vita-chambers before the Fontaine battle and i was still able to get both of the achievements.

(edit) @Roose91

I have all the latest updates and started playing the game through just a few days ago. As i stated above, i have completed the game and got both achievements.

You can do this glitch through either easy/normal play-through. For the guy who can't get it to work, wait till he just knocks (right when you start to fly back) you back for the last time then switch. That's when I did it and it worked. Mine popped up at the last cut-scene. I think this glitch is all based on timing.