2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (360) [G+R]

taffaroo97

Only 10/48 achievements are done, map needs to be tweaked so it is less "listy"

Welcome to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Roadmap and Achievement Guide. This is my first attempt, so bear with me and any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. If I am stepping on anyone's toes, I do apologise.

Copyright/Rights of use

This guide may not be used without permission from either the author of the guide, or the website admins. This guide has been made for xboxachievements and should not be used without permission from the previously stated factions.

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10

Offline: 30/48* (650http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/misc/g-icon.gif)

Online: 18/48* (350http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/misc/g-icon.gif)

Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/misc/g-icon.gif: 35-45 hours

Missable achievements: None as you can restart playthroughs

Minimum Number of Playthroughs: 6 qualifying campaigns, 1 CYC and probably 1 to mop up.

Overall: 8

Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes

Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None so far

Extra equipment needed?: XBox Live Gold Subscription

*It remains to be seen whether Dark Horse Success, That's A Suprise! and WHO won the FIFA World Cup?! are available to achieve offline. Currently, I have counted them as online achievements.

Roadmap

The greatest sporting event in the world of football kicks of on 12 June in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Until then, you'll have to get all the excitement and glamour of the World Cup in EA's new tournament effort, which they pleasingly have. Luckily, some of the harder achievements from their 2010 version have been cut, while new ones showcasing the games new features have been added in their place, with varying difficulty as seen in the Road to Rio online mode.

Step 1 - Road to the FIFA World Cup/FIFA World Cup modes

This mode is the qualifying campaign on the game, and also the quick play finals as well. There are specific achievements for each confederation, as well as achievements specific for the finals tournament itself.

These are specific for the Road to the FIFA World Cup mode;

Europe Qualifier

Asia Qualifier

Oceania Qualifier

CONCACAF Qualifier

Africa Qualifier

South America Qualifier

These can be unlocked during the Finals on either the Road to the FIFA World Cup mode or the FIFA World Cup mode;

Concede No Goals

Landslide

A "Braziliant" Performance

Shoe In For The Boot

Man Of THE Match

Class Act

Nail Biter

Practice Makes Perfect

Perfect!

Whilst playing through these, I recommend you try to win the World Cup itself in all playthroughs to net you The English Invented It. However, I've classed it as a misc achievement because, whilst gunning for the other achievements, you should get this. You should also unlock FIFA World Cup Winners, but if you don't there once again isn't need to worry, as you can do this in Captain Your Country, or just do a quick World Cup and nab it early on if you like.

Step 2 - Captain Your Country

Captain Your Country returns from the 2010 game, and is a Be-A-Pro career of the World Cup. It proved to be a popular mode in the previous edition of the game, and I'm sure it will be on 2014.

These can be unlocked in Captain Your Country, but hopefully you've already got them above (unless you start here of course);

Europe Qualifier

Asia Qualifier

Oceania Qualifier

CONCACAF Qualifier

Africa Qualifier

South America Qualifier

Practice Makes Perfect

Perfect!

Specific Captain Your Country achievements are;

Lead Your Nation

Guess What Mum!

Pack Your Bags

Playmaker

Man Of The Match

Boyhood Dream

Stole The Show

If The Boot Fits

Step 3 - Online World Cup

Online World Cup returns from 2010, and you have to play through a complete World Cup Finals campaign online against other users. You will need a at least 3 playthroughs to earn all these achievements.

Better Than Your Average

The Glory Of A Nation

Dark Horse Success

That's A Surprise

WHO Won The FIFA World Cup?!

The Competitive Friend

Its unsure at the moment whether 3 of these achievements can also be unlocked offline.

Step 4 - Road to Rio (online)

This is Seasons mode on the game. You play matches online, and complete roads to advance to the next city. All these achievements will come along the way while you are playing Road to Rio.

Gotta Start Somewhere

We're Movin' Now

Are We There Yet?

The Big Time

We Actually Did It!

Mr. Perfect

Step 5 - Story of Qualifying and Story of Finals

These two games modes also return from the 2010 edition. These are like the challenges on FIFA 14 and there are specific ones for each Confederation, as well as six available to purchase from the EASFC Catalogue, which you need an Xbox Live account to purchase them from.

Here are the offline achievements you can earn;

World Traveller

Conqueror

Legendary Effort

And the online one;

Follow The Nation

Story of the Finals becomes available throughout the tournament, and you can only earn those achievements from 12 June onwards;

Group Stage Maestro

Reliving Every Moment

The Moment Of Glory

Step 6 - Miscellaneous and Mop-Up

You should hopefully have got 44 achievements by now (41 before 12 June). There are 4 miscellaneous achievements remaining, and two of them need an Xbox Live account.

Offline misc;

Setting The Piece

Everyone's Invited

Online misc;

Receipt In The Bag?

Generous Friend

When you've done these, clear up any achievements you have remaining and you have earned yourselves a very challenging, but gettable 1000http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/misc/g-icon.gif. Well done! Now go outside and play some real footy!!

I am happy to give any help to earning the online achievements. Please message me here, or on Xbox live (GT:TAFFY97) and I will be more than happy to help you earn these achievements.

The rest will come over the weekend :dance:

Edited by Corrupt.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UP8T790=.jpgFIFA World Cup Winners - 25G

Win the FIFA World Cup™ in any offline mode

Straight forward. Just win the World Cup in any of the available offline modes. I suggest stacking this with one of the qualifier achievements.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UP8T790=.jpgEurope Qualifier - 20G

Qualify as a team from Europe in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

These can be done in either Road to the World Cup mode or Captain Your Country. I suggest saving one for a CYC playthrough, and then do the other 5 in RWC. These game modes can be found under the second tab in the menus. To earn them, you have to qualify. Therefore, I suggest choosing better teams to make it easier for you. Here are some;

Europe:

Spain

Germany

England

Italy

Portugal

Africa:

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Cameroon

Asia:

South Korea

Japan

Australia

CONCACAF:

USA

Mexico

Honduras

Costa Rica

South America:

Argentina

Uruguay

Chile

Oceania:

New Zealand

With thanks to Turdboi, here is a tip for the qualifier achievements:

Also for all the qualifier achievements just pick the best teams from each area (Japan, Germany, Uruguay, New Zealand, Mexico and Ivory coast). Then press RS to go to calendar and keep pressing A to sim all match's. Takes about 5mins to knock them out. ( only one that caused trouble was Oceania qualifier but as its final stage is two legged, if after the first leg you are in a bad position, just play the next leg on beginner).

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UP0JlNY=.jpgAsia Qualifier - 20G

Qualify as a team from Asia in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

See Europe Qualifier.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UP8onWM=.jpgOceania Qualifier - 20G

Qualify as a team from Oceania in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

See Europe Qualifier.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UP7IZfA=.jpgCONCACAF Qualifer - 20G

Qualify as a team from CONCACAF in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

See Europe Qualifier.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPtqjgk=.jpgSouth America Qualifier - 20G

Qualify as a team from South America in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

See Europe Qualifier.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPqKdpo=.jpgAfrica Qualifier - 20G

Qualify as a team from Africa in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ or Captain Your Country modes

See Europe Qualifier.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPirfy8=.jpgConcede No Goals - 25G

In the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ Finals get to the R16 without conceding a goal - Semi-Pro or higher

To earn this, you have to play through the Group Stage of the World Cup without conceding any goals, and advance to the Round of 16. It should be easy to qualify without conceding as you only need one goal to win. My tip for this would be Argentina, France or Belgium. They both have easy groups in which the opponents will not particularly trouble your goal. Just put Ultra-Defence on and sit back, and just score one goal in each game if you are worried about conceding. Remember this has to be on Semi-Pro or higher!

Thanks to Tomy Rex 88, we now know that this has to been earned in the 2014 FIFA World Cup mode, and not in RTWC or CYC game modes. Thanks once again.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPlLh7w=.jpgLandslide - 25G

Match the biggest margin of victory in FIFA World Cup™ history - Win by 9 goals in single player

This seems to be an easy achievement. Since it says single player, it should unlock in all offline gamemodes. However, I am not sure about Kick Off. England v San Marino in the European Qualifiers should be an easy one to do. However, hopefully this will just come by playing the games.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPpsk7I=.jpgA "Braziliant" Performance - 25G

Match the record set by Brazil in 1958 by scoring 5 or more in the final - Semi-Pro or higher

Play through a WC campaign, and when you reach the final just turn on the style and hope to come up against a side who is slightly inferior to yours. Best bets to do this are Brazil and Spain as they have free-flowing attacking qualities, but it all depends on the final opponent. Just play a 4-3-3 with Ultra-Attacking until you notch 5 goals, then you should comfortably win. However, this achievement I believe does not need you to win, so you could lose 6-5 and still earn this! Try and combine this with Shoe In For The Boot and Man Of THE Match.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPuMayE=.jpgShoe In For The Boot - 20G

Score 5+ goals with a single player in a FIFA World Cup™ match - Semi-Pro or higher

Use the same philosopy as above, just make sure only one player bags all 5 goals. Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are probably good players to score with, but anyone could be really, they just need to be a good finisher and be up with the attacks all the time. Try and do this in the final to earn A "Braziliant" Performance and Man Of THE Match.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2927/UPijNI0=.jpgMan Of THE Match - 20G

Score a hattrick in the FIFA World Cup™ final - Semi-Pro or higher

Only one player has ever managed to do this. Sir Geoff Hurst. Do the same as I said in Shoe In For The Boot, and you will earn 3 achievements in one. Try and score 5 with the player, and don't stop at just 3!

I started playing with Wales just because they have Bale and Ramsey and i got through to the Quarters and i got put up against Brazil so them achievements are going to be solid lol

Are they 4? I tried using USA and after playing Italy, Brazil and Germany in the groups I lost to brazil in the first round :/. Got one with Mexico now, they seem like a fast and good 4 star team, I got no idea who to use once we get lower though.

Are they 4? I tried using USA and after playing Italy, Brazil and Germany in the groups I lost to brazil in the first round :/. Got one with Mexico now, they seem like a fast and good 4 star team, I got no idea who to use once we get lower though.

3.5 i think but i just Ramsey at CAM and Bale ST as Wales have crap strikers and just keep persevering with through balls. I managed to beat someone who was France in R16 and someone who was Italy in the Quarters by doing that but i cant see how you are meant to get all the way with a team like this when you keep getting paired up with Brazil, Italy, Germany etc.

3.5 i think but i just Ramsey at CAM and Bale ST as Wales have crap strikers and just keep persevering with through balls. I managed to beat someone who was France in R16 and someone who was Italy in the Quarters by doing that but i cant see how you are meant to get all the way with a team like this when you keep getting paired up with Brazil, Italy, Germany etc.

Right it says someone with your star level and in the same part of the tournament and every time I have been matched up with a 5 star team, Spain vs Mexico isn't very fair haha.

I might try Nigeria if they are a low star team. They have a lot of speed. I can see these achievements will take a lot of time. I can't even imagine playing Spain vs whatever 1.5 star team I'll use.

Right it says someone with your star level and in the same part of the tournament and every time I have been matched up with a 5 star team, Spain vs Mexico isn't very fair haha.

I might try Nigeria if they are a low star team. They have a lot of speed. I can see these achievements will take a lot of time. I can't even imagine playing Spain vs whatever 1.5 star team I'll use.

Exactly and then it puts you against a 5 star team! haha be a tough game :p

Good shout. i cant see us beating Spain with San Marino lol. Such a flawed game in this case :(

Hey just so you know I just unlocked we're movin' now and Mr. Perfect by buying items from the EAS Catalogue and would believe all other road to Rio achievements are available this way ( other than first win achievement as this requires actually playing a game). Am gathering other gamers now to test this theory. Apologies if you already knew all this.

I can't obtain "Concede no Goals" achievement. I've done it 3 times, 2 times on Semi-Pro, and 1 time on Professional difficulity in Road to FIFA World Cup, and still no achievement.

Thanks for letting me know. I will add this information on when I am updating that section. Thanks once again. Could you go through exactly what you did please?

Hey just so you know I just unlocked we're movin' now and Mr. Perfect by buying items from the EAS Catalogue and would believe all other road to Rio achievements are available this way ( other than first win achievement as this requires actually playing a game). Am gathering other gamers now to test this theory. Apologies if you already knew all this.

Thanks, I didn't know this. That would be great if it actually is. I'm also wondering if you'd have to win the World Cup game at the end as well, although I'm not sure until we get to that point. Thanks, I'll add it on :D

Anybody know what the best 1.5,3 and 4 star teams are? Been trying to find a good 1.5 star team and idk yet

I got to the quarterfinals with Zimbabwe... But Germany and Spain and Brazil managed to beat me.

No sorry I don't. However, Albania (3 star) are not! Played a tourney with them last weekend and lost both matches. Ended up having to forfeit the tournament!

Finally I got "Concede no Goals" achievement, you must do it in FIFA World Cup 2014 game mode, not in Road to FIFA WC or CYC.

And for the "Legendary Effort" achievement here is a tip: select countries --> Spain and there's a challenge where you must keep the score vs France from the 86 minute, I just keep the ball on my side & don't let them to take the ball. I found this very simple, because you don't have to do anything.

Finally I got "Concede no Goals" achievement, you must do it in FIFA World Cup 2014 game mode, not in Road to FIFA WC or CYC.

And for the "Legendary Effort" achievement here is a tip: select countries --> Spain and there's a challenge where you must keep the score vs France from the 86 minute, I just keep the ball on my side & don't let them to take the ball. I found this very simple, because you don't have to do anything.

Ok, thanks Tomy, I'll mention that. Thanks

Thats a great tip as well. Is that one of the purchasable ones, or in the Europe section as I can't seem to find it? Thanks

Ok, thanks Tomy, I'll mention that. Thanks

Thats a great tip as well. Is that one of the purchasable ones, or in the Europe section as I can't seem to find it? Thanks

Its one of the purchasable one's from the EAS catalogue store under EXTRAS, SPAIN category, believe it costs 300 coins but don't hold me to that.

Also for all the qualifier achievements just pick the best teams from each area (Japan, Germany, Uruguay, New Zealand, Mexico and Ivory coast). Then press RS to go to calendar and keep pressing A to sim all match's. Takes about 5mins to knock them out. ( only one that caused trouble was Oceania qualifier but as its final stage is two legged, if after the first leg you are in a bad position, just play the next leg on beginner).

Its one of the purchasable one's from the EAS catalogue store under EXTRAS, SPAIN category, believe it costs 300 coins but don't hold me to that.

Great plan. Thanks for that, I'll put it on. As you say, maybe play the two-legged playoff as its usually against a much better side?

And ok, I thought so as I couldn't find it. I believe its 300 coins as well :) Thanks

Anyone has tips on how to unlock the Man of the Match (Earn Man of the Match in a Captain Your Country game on Semi-Pro or higher) achievement for CYC?

I've gotten Man of the Match a few times during the "cuts", played the full game as well without requesting sub, and the achievement refused to unlock. Must it be done specifically in qualifiers, or in the World Cup proper, i.e., not done in friendlies/ B internationals?

Anyone has tips on how to unlock the Man of the Match (Earn Man of the Match in a Captain Your Country game on Semi-Pro or higher) achievement for CYC?

I've gotten Man of the Match a few times during the "cuts", played the full game as well without requesting sub, and the achievement refused to unlock. Must it be done specifically in qualifiers, or in the World Cup proper, i.e., not done in friendlies/ B internationals?

I personally skipped all b-friendlies and did a handful of friendlies just to keep me within that cut-off number. I played as CR7 of Portugal and got this in the very first friendly game I played. I know this isn't really a solution for you but thought it could help highlight any variances. Were you playing with a created star? Have you double checked the difficulty is definitely on semi-pro? And when it comes to the player select screen it gives 4 option's, are you selecting the one you started CYC with?

Lets just hope this isn't a glitchey achievement