Do you think they'll fix the Spotting Exploit from 3?

MR X 93

This is thread worthy? Its spotting.

I think he's talking about the ribbon boosting in Gears 3 Horde mode, where you die and continually spot the weapons that your second controller keep swapping. This gives you the "Reconnaissance" ribbon, over and over and over.

I think he's talking about the ribbon boosting in Gears 3 Horde mode, where you die and continually spot the weapons that your second controller keep swapping. This gives you the "Reconnaissance" ribbon, over and over and over.

Yea and so what?

during the live stream they said spotting is gone all together due to the new grenades

Edit: NVM, I just played the demo and spotted someone so yep, still there!

Ugh, was hoping that it was removed.

The use of stealth and flanking was such an important aspect of Gears MP; the spotting feature killed that idea. Absolutely no point in trying to work in tandem with someone to flank a camper; all he needs is another camping buddy to spot one of you and your tactic/stealth/element of surprise is completely gone. In Gears 1 and 2 I remember jumping at times when someone completely snuck up on me and splattered me.

The use of stealth and flanking was such an important aspect of Gears MP; the spotting feature killed that idea. Absolutely no point in trying to work in tandem with someone to flank a camper; all he needs is another camping buddy to spot one of you and your tactic/stealth/element of surprise is completely gone. In Gears 1 and 2 I remember jumping at times when someone completely snuck up on me and splattered me.

Oh believe me, I remember the jumping! Keep in mind I have not played retail, just overrun early release. Fingers crossed that its not in other game modes?

I'm not sure this happens all that often. I've spotted guys running up on teammates so many times even up to 3 times as he ran towards them and they were blissfully unaware as they got gibbed. As I run solo I get a lot of casuals who never really work in a team.

They can only be spotted if the enemy spots (sees) them. There's no surprise when they see you coming spotting feature or not. It's just a way for people without mics to call out enemies.

It's not that big of a deal, the marker is only above your head for like 5 seconds and then it goes away. Plus if you're facing one direction and an enemy is behind you and a team mate spots the guy the icon doesn't even pop up on your screen if you're facing the opposite direction. I still get killed like Gears 1 where enemies pop up out of nowhere. No one even spots anymore in gears 3 anyway just mainly the bots who run around like weirdo's. so I doubt people will spot all the time in judgment.