Post your Progression toward 1000 Here!

Lol don't count your chickens mate. If youre at 75-80 hours entering the post game you're 30-40 hours slower than dertswa and he ended up with 364 hours to 1k it, not counting his universe and chaos runs. Prepare yourself for the long haul. It's a breeze until 90% battle trophies but from 90% to 100% takes forever lol. Good luck though!

354 hours INCLUDING my Universe and Chaos runs.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi people! I'm new 'round here, my gamercard is arcanedarsen. I'm spanish and one of the few spanish with SO:TLH at 1000 g.

Also i've completed a lot of jrpgs too like Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia.

Here's my profile for if you wish to chek it out.

http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=arcanedarsen

Your guides are superb, thanks to them i completed IU and ToV.

Cheers from Spain.

Lol don't count your chickens mate. If youre at 75-80 hours entering the post game you're 30-40 hours slower than dertswa and he ended up with 354 hours to 1k it. Prepare yourself for the long haul. It's a breeze until 90% battle trophies but from 90% to 100% takes forever lol. Good luck though!

Edited lol, coulda sworn you mentioned somewhere that your time didn't include your uni/chaos runs. Although I dunno about you but after 300+ hours, anything less than 25 hours is splitting hairs lol.

Very True, I'm currently working towards 90% Battle trophies currently at 86.22% and it's starting to take a long time. I've been mainly working on those 255 drops and 999 kill trophies for each of the characters.

Current Battle Trophies

Edge: 83%

Reimi: 100%

Faize: 75%

Lymle: 92%

Bacchus: 81%

Meracle: 75%

Sarah: 76%

Myuria: 100%

Arumat: 94%

Hello,

I started playing SO:TLH when it was released, more than two years ago. Being a big RPG fan and hating spoilers, I started my first playthrough without any guide, knowing that I will probably miss a few achievements. Despite knowing about the 900 battle trophies, I didn't imagine it would take so long.

In my first playthrough, I missed some missable quests, and only *one* recipe that needed Faize to be invented... I did everything else I could, and 60% of the battle trophies. Then I got really bored by trophies, put the game back into its box and never played it again for almost 1.5 year.

When I started playing again a few months ago, I finished my first playthrough to 90% battle trophies (Lymle 99%, Faize 27% and everyone else at 100%). I did a Universe playthrough, not skipping any cut scenes since I almost totally forgot the story, then a Chaos one.

I'm now on Earth difficulty, finishing the last achievements. I got the 100% quests and 100% item creation a few days ago, and killed the EQ with Lymle. I reloaded the game with Faize and attempting to finish its last battle trophies. Not having Arumat changes the whole end game content. 7SD used to be a breeze, it's now long and painful.

I'm now at 990/1000G. Every character is at 100% battle trophies, except Faize at 50%. I didn't believe, two years ago, that I'll be able to complete this game someday. But I'm a completionist, and after more than 600 hours, I can nearly see the end of the tunnel!

Sorry for writing my whole SO life in this post, but anyone who has played this game, determined to fulfill all achievements, know how it feels to be near completion :)

Currently at 600/1000 with the following trophy percentage:

Edge: 82

Reimi: 88

Faize: 87

Lymle: 73

Bacchus: 73

Meracle: 76

Sarah: 64

Myuria: 68

Arumat: 70

I'm now working on 7SD, Basement 6 getting crushed by Tamiel or whats his name, probably going to level up some more and then try again, need that stupid fire ring for the last few chests and then it's back to grinding kills...

Hour count: 200

I have a question about the Faize/Aramut battle trophies. Just from reading alot of the guides/threads I see that at some point you lose Faize and replace him with Aramut. So how do you get all the battle throphies for either of them? Do you have 2 separate saves and it carries over to a new save?

Also, I know that kills don't carry over as well.. so say I have the 1000 kills for Edge on one playthrough, when I start another does it reset to 0? Or does it start off at the last kill related trophy you have?

^Yes you have to have 2 save files, one for Arumat and one for Faize. If you are really dedicated (like me ;)) you can get around 85% of the Faize trophies before the switch (As far as I know you can not get the 130 kills before that point). As for the counter: Yes it resets to 0 if you start a new game. More on trophies: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132360

damn good guide in my eyes^^

At 960/1000, just finished my chaos run a few months ago, but haven't done any battle trophy hunting for over a year; it's time to start again.

Have put in 137 hours through 3 playthroughs so far and at 603/900 battle trophies collected.

Edge: 77%

Reimi: 84%

Faize: 41%

Lymle: 67%

Bacchus: 65%

Meracle: 66%

Sarah: 71%

Myuria: 67%

Arumat: 65%

I think I'm gonna work on the deal xxx damage trophies now. Probably going to need to do one more playthrough on earth difficulty because I don't remember what enemies I killed for Faize's defeat 130 different types of enemies trophy.

I'm also considering buying a turbo controller solely for this game lol, not looking forward to the 30,000 enemies killed grind.

EDIT:

Got 28 battle trophies yesterday and unlocked the 70% achievement!

Edited by Sen

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been playing this game too much lately, but I finally finished off all those exact damage trophies... Meracle's took forever to get. I should be at 89% so only 9 more BTs to get the Master Battler Achievement.

Current Battle Trophies

Edge: 84%

Lymle: 94%

Bacchus: 85%

Meracle: 92%

Sarah: 76%

Arumat: 95%

Update: Master Battler Achievement unlocked. Sarah is now at 93%. Only 82 Battle Trophies Left... Fun, Fun...

Edited by MasterXeus

I did it! Defeating 55 Grigori was my last trophy needed to unlock the Ultimate Battler achievement, and I finally did it. That took forever!

I only need to finish another 2 playthroughs on the higher difficulties for my last 100g before I can finally be free of this game. I've already started my Universe run so hopefully I can be done by the time September ends. So looking forward to it. I hope my work schedule cooperates...

OMG..... that was quicker than I thought. I finished both my Universal and Chaos playthroughs this week for my last two achievements. 1000/1000g for Star Ocean: The Last Hope! Finally, it took me a year. Sure I was on and off for months at a time. Finishing this game took up my whole summer and I worked too. No bueno. Still, its done and I'm glad about that. My plan of not buying anything new and forcing myself to focus solely on Star Ocean worked. I can't believe I didn't quit.

It also doubles as my 100% completion for my profile. Sure it won't last since I'm going to buy more games, but its nice to have finally got Star Ocean and Lost Planet Colonies out of the way so it could be done. Today was a good day!

Just picked this game back up after a Long break away (10 months or so) and finally decided to hammer down and get the 100% BT achievement. After 500+ hours of mind-numbing BT grinding I am proud to say that i'm finally almost complete with only two BT's for Faize to go! (3000 battles and kill 999 insect enemies) After that i'll be on my final playthrough on Chaos and be sittin' on 1000g yay! On another note, I must congratulate anyone who has already completed this grueling achievement and wish the best of luck to those who will be attempting the full 1000g. :woop:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't "give up" per say on this game, but all my time is currently occupied by Record of Agarest War. However, I did get all endings and finished my galaxy playthrough. 24/50 and 420/1000. The road to 1k is a long one, but to those whom have done it I salute you!

Haven't been playing this game too much lately, I've been busy with full time work and school. I also took a small break to reach Level 100 in Gears of War 2. Finally decided to get back to this game and continue towards those Battle Trophies.

Current Battle Trophies

Edge: 88%

Lymle: 99%

Bacchus: 89%

Meracle: 100%

Sarah: 98%

Arumat: 96%

Updated, Finished 1,000 Blindsides for Edge and Arumat, working on Bacchus 255 Robotics item drops, which is taking a very long time to get.

Edited by MasterXeus

I'm finishing first disc on my forth playthrough (lost my previous saves). I am only focus in quests, item creation, post game and battle trophies (I have 50%). I am more excited about this game then never before. :p

edit: using efficiency guide (excelent guide BTW) it took me 40 hours to beat the game on earth, now working on 7SD, quests, item creation, and BT's. It's taking less time than I could ever expect!

Edited by Achiever TM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bacchus 255 drops took forever but now he's finally done. Moving on to Edge. Just past 15,000 kills while still working on his 255 Drops at the entrance of the palace of creation.

Current Battle Trophies

100% - Reimi, Bacchus, Meracle, Myuria, Sarah

Edge: 98%

Lymle: 99%

Arumat: 96%

Update: Finished Edge's 255 Drops. While I was in the palace of creation I finished up Sarah last two BT. 32 Battle Trophies left to go....

Edited by MasterXeus