What does your back catalogue look like ?

k2345

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated before, I prefer to buy them when I can find them for cheap rather than hunt for them if I do get the desire to play them.

As for the financial side, because of how cheap I get them, it doesn't affect me much in the pocketbooks. Only about 5 games in there cost the equivalent of over an hour of pay (and even then, no more than 2 hours), and it's not like I bought the whole kit and kaboodle at once; that backlog's been growing for about 9 years. If I were spending all the money I budget towards my hobbies on my game collection, it'd easily be 10 times it's current size.

I see what you mean. Everyone has different preferences on how to go about buying games based on price and availability. Well...I say it's time to take some vacation time outta work and start clearing that backlog :p

I have a handful of XBLA titles + some full retail games. I did have over 20, but thanks to trueachievements and their Bean Dive, I am down to a few games now.

I know that I have Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. I also have Shadow Complex. Have a few more but currently boosting and can't walk too far away from console.

Without resorting to urban dictionary, what pray tell, is a bean dive? Like hummus without the lemon? :p

Its an event on trueachievements where people pop a small handful of achievements on as many as possible from their backlog as possible. It destroys the persons completion % but it unloads the persons backlog on to their gamertag.

The bean part is name saked from a moderator on their website called Beanpotter.

I find the idea ridiculous. I have done it twice in the past, I find it pointless.

I've decided officialy not to buy anymore games until GTA V. (I say officialy cause I said that before then saw Prince of Persia and Singulartity brand new for 15$ for both at Toys R Us then Rocksmith for 14$ at Sams)

Honestly guys not long ago I had my backlog 95% cleared and much like Bigg D I was on a roll. One friend said ''Every time I turn on my 360 I get a msg from you about completing a game,lol keep it up'' a few friends said this. But now I've been taking it easy with rushing completions. Almost all of those were done cause I LOVED those games.

But with games like Halo 1,Reach,ODST,Borderlands,etc those will take time to 1 k.

Also People don't forget about the free games coming til' December. :) (Another reason for my bad backlog lol)

I feel bad about my backlog cause I need to get through it. Gonna be having fun playing Rocksmith when I get home. (Screw the 2500 msp DLC for 250 gs lol)

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Oh, I have to add:

The Maw

Toy Soldiers

Walking Dead episodes 2 onward....

I didn't care one bit for Oblivion. Maybe because I played it after Skyrim...

Crysis 1 was a blast with easy achievements. And Saints 3 was a tad bit too crazy for me, but was nonetheless fun.

I'm really hoping I get done with Borderlands 1/2, BioShock Infinite and Red Dead by the end of the month so I can hop on Deus Ex. Game looks fantastic and I love me some stealth!

I got Oblivion almost 3 years ago. Still haven't played it. But have been sitting on Skyrim since day one in order to play Oblivion first. Think after Saints, I'll be jumping onto them finally finally finally. Think in hindsight, should have just not pre-ordered Skyrim now that the super edition with DLC is a thing :p Oops.

Booyah! Really looking forward to Crysis. Enjoy all those games dude, I loved them all, Bioshock Infinite especially just left me gaping.

Its an event on trueachievements where people pop a small handful of achievements on as many as possible from their backlog as possible. It destroys the persons completion % but it unloads the persons backlog on to their gamertag.

The bean part is name saked from a moderator on their website called Beanpotter.

I find the idea ridiculous. I have done it twice in the past, I find it pointless.

Thanks! I ... think... I ... get it. No. I don't. That does sound pointless. My brain refuses to bother comprehending it. ;)

Think I'll stick with hummus.

I have around 90 - 110 retail games in my backlog.

XBLA wise, add another 60. You'd get bored reading the list and it'd take too long to type up.

Try to ask a women why she keeps buying shoes. It's an addiction.

An addiction called "consumerism." I too fell victim to this evil psychological blight.

Being short of cash has really helped me to essentially cut my spending down to almost nothing on gaming but I used to spend a metric fuck ton... essentially 90% of all my spare money on games, the other 10% on food. You've got it bad when you need new clothes but instead of buying clothes you're just spending all your cash on games.

Edited by _DaNnY_

I got Oblivion almost 3 years ago. Still haven't played it. But have been sitting on Skyrim since day one in order to play Oblivion first. Think after Saints, I'll be jumping onto them finally finally finally. Think in hindsight, should have just not pre-ordered Skyrim now that the super edition with DLC is a thing :p Oops.

Booyah! Really looking forward to Crysis. Enjoy all those games dude, I loved them all, Bioshock Infinite especially just left me gaping.

Hopefully you'll enjoy Oblivion more than I did, lol. And you can always try selling Skyrim on eBay or something and buying the Legendary Edition :p I was tempted to buy it even after having the original game and all the DLC...idk why. Once I start Infinite, I'm sure I'll be blown away. I haven't heard a single negative thing about that game!

Games I still need to play or finish:

Child Of Eden

Devil May Cry 4

Dishonored - Dunwall Trials - Knife Of Dunwall

Disney Universe

Game Of Thrones

Gears Of War

Gears Of War 3

Hitman HD Collection

Mafia 2

Mark Of The Ninja

Marvel Super Hero Squad

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Metal Gear Solid HD

Mirrors Edge

Rayman Origins

Resident Evil Revelations

Silent Hill HD

Sonic Racing Transformed

Splatterhouse

State Of Decay

The Saboteur

Trials Evolution - Riders Of Doom

With just getting back into it I already have a little stack growing.

1. Fallout 3

2. Skyrim

3. Assassins Creed II

4. Borderlands 2

5. The Orange Box

I also plan on picking both these series up to play through:

1. Mass Effect - which is still only $5 on XBLA

2. Bioshock - Whole trilogy I want to go through first before Infinite

I think the biggest problem for me of having any sort of backlog is that I get too excited and rush through games to move onto the next one.

I've been playing Oblivion and it took about 30 hours of gameplay before it became fun and not a hassle(Thieves guild quest final mission was a blast)

I think once I get through my current backlog I go back to my old system 1 single player game out at a time and a multiplayer game as well, including all Halo titles as I try to hold onto them even if I don't play them.

But I guess I contribute my list as well since it's grown a bit:

Borderlands 2

Dishonored

Battlefield 3

Crysis 2

Halo CE

Lost Planet

Forza 3(I play it whenever I am in the mood)

Defense Grid

Aegis Wing

Spartacus Legends(I think thats the name?)

Happy Wars

Crimson Alliance

I also have a pre-backlog working of games I am waiting to get either when I find them at a good price or they won't further add on to my backlog:

I am alive

Enslaved

Singularity

Prey(Wanted to get it during the sale, but my backlog is too big atm for me)

Gears of War

Metro 2033

Fallout 3(Started, but never beat)

Crysis 3(Once I beat the second)

Alphabetical order:

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Alone in The Dark

AC III

AC Revelations

Batman: Arkham Aslyum

Batman: Arkham City

Beowulf: The Game