Figure out how to get "They are Going THROUGH!"

DaRo0kie

I figured it out, What you do is delete title update 10 from your harddrive and download title update 9 from your computer and put it on your xbox. Then just play offline and your get the achievement. I just got it:woop:

Spread the word

Title 9 update: http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/title-updates/9116-black-ops-title-update-9-a.html

Edited by DaRo0kie

I figured it out, What you do is delete title update 10 from your harddrive and download title update 9 from your computer and put it on your xbox. Then just play offline and your get the achievement. I just got it:woop:

Spread the word

Sounds like a good plan bud! I had deleted update 10, and couldn't play my maps. Didn't know I could redownload #9!

Also cleared my system cache too, but I don't know if that really did anything, considering people all ready did that and it didn't work.This is the place I got title update 9 from:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/title-updates/9116-black-ops-title-update-9-a.html

Edited by DaRo0kie

EDIT: Never mind i was clicking the wrong flipping thing.

Just one question, Downloaded the file from the link below (41560855.zip) I'm assuming thats what i should have downloaded anyway.

How do i actually get it on my xbox ? I've formated both my memory stick and external hard drive to work on the 360 (And the both do) But when i put the folder with the update in on my hardrive it dosent show up on the Xbox. It just says i dont have any content to transfer

Edited by Shinobi273

What I did, after I downloaded the file I had to extract it, so it wouldn't be a zip file. Then on my usb stick I had title update 10 on it, plug the usb in my computer, then I took the 41560855(Just Downloaded one) and replace it over the 41560855(that is update title 10) all ready on my usb stick. Then put it in my xbox and it worked I had title update 9, played zombies couple of times because I couldn't get the stupid gersh device, finally got it, through it out and got the achievement.

How do you get this to work? I don't get it...

I have my usb i always use on xbox, i put the update on it. then use the Xtaf and replace it with TU#9 then go on xbox it disconnects me, i load from the USB but it doesnt have my maps ?!?!? wtf how do i get this to work?

It's pissing me off done the gersh 3 times no cheev fuck sakes!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone know any decent tutorials for this ? I've used so many that just don't work. Everytime i put the title update on my memory stick (Wether its by file placement or injecting) it NEVER shows up on the xbox. It always says that the memory stick is empty and theres nothign to transfer to my Xbox HDD. I must be doing something wrong I just don't know what it is.

The memory stick is clearly big enough (2GB) So i have enough space to configure it for the Xbox (1GB Min) and put the update on (About 20MB) So i'm not sure why i can't get this update to show up.

Any Advice ?

Ok This definetly works. Just got the cheive, after 50 box opeings zzz. Anyway, I believe detailed instructions would help, so here it goes. First you need a program called xtaf, google it and you will find it easy. Second insert a usb drive into your xbox. Press the guide button, scroll right 3 times and enter the system settings. Then select the memory tab. Highlight the usb and click on it, if its not conifgured this will prompt you to configure it. Next, select the hard drive and scroll down to Call of duty black ops, select it. Then, select title update 10 and select move, then move it to your usb drive. Now take the usb to your computer. Download the title update from the link in this thread, unzip it to your desktop. Open xtaf. Click file and select the usb drive with xtaf. Open the data expand the data partition, click content, click 00000000, click 41560855, then click the 000B00000. On the right you should now see a file called tu00000003_ etc. and it should be named black ops. Right click this file and delete it. Now go into the downloaded update. Open 41560855 folder, then open the 000B00000 folder. Here you should see anither tu00000003_ file. Drag this file into the spot where you deleted the previous file. Now plug your usb into the xbox and load up black ops. When prompted to update, decline. Then play ascension solo and get your achievement. Then when you wanna return to regular black ops just update when it prompts and you're all set.

Ok everything's worked so far, Now all i have to do is get a gersch and hopefully get this stupid achievment. Will let you know if it works but thanks for all the help so far mate.

Edit: Worked perfectly, thanks for the in depth walkthrough, Really helped

Edited by Samueleus

Heyho, i did all these steps and have the update 9 on my xbox now and deletet update 10. But I can't play any map beside the standard maps offline. Only "Kino der Toten", "Five" and this third map. The addon maps only appear when connected to Xbox Live. I tried everything. I moved the patch 9 and First Strike addon to the USB stick and loaded from the stick in the game, after that did not work separated all addons but First Strike to the USB stick and loaded from my HDD in the game, where then the patch 9 and First Strike were. The maps are not there offline. By the way I have the German USK Version of the game and of the addons.

Any help or tips?

Greece

Heyho, i did all these steps and have the update 9 on my xbox now and deletet update 10. But I can't play any map beside the standard maps offline. Only "Kino der Toten", "Five" and this third map. The addon maps only appear when connected to Xbox Live. I tried everything. I moved the patch 9 and First Strike addon to the USB stick and loaded from the stick in the game, after that did not work separated all addons but First Strike to the USB stick and loaded from my HDD in the game, where then the patch 9 and First Strike were. The maps are not there offline. By the way I have the German USK Version of the game and of the addons.

Any help or tips?

Greece

You probably dont have the licenses on your xbox, did you recently switch xbox's ? You can use the license transfer tool to transfer the licenses to your current machine