Anyone up for some stock market collusion?

Ethereal235

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus this was all the way back at page 11. Anyway the stock has now increased to 0.89 a share. We actually made it go up.

shit, i wasn't keeping track on it.. gonna invest at least another 40 million with my trevor and about 30mi with franklin

I bought about 110k shares in HAL with each of my characters last night but there doesn't seem to be much movement.

Also bought some in ZIT, as it was pretty low but it seems to be going even lower.

If I make some serious money through the game, I think I'll keep investing in HAL. I get the feeling it may go huge once GTA Online launches.

As of last night I have a total of 2,476,060,428 shares in HAL across all 3 of my characters.

Another thing I have noticed while playing last night the Social club website listed HAL at $1.10 (currently listed at $1.09) and looking at it while in game still showed HAL at $0.87. Not sure how often prices are pushed to update in game (maybe on game restart?) but could be a way to make some money by delaying updates if possible.

What would happen if you invest say 20mil in HAL and then reload the save quickly after? Of course you get your money back but what would happen to the market?

This is where the online part comes into play, and your stats get synced to the servers. If its an hourly rate or 6/12/24 hour intervals etc. Probably to prevent a mini GFC happening in Los Santos.

Also it doesnt matter how much you invest in, whether its 100k or 150m, it never tells you how much of a stake you have in that company. So you never know how much of an influence your money has on the market. If anything, id say it'd go by the current amount of people invested in that company and its rival and work out the change percent from there. Otherwise you could have entire crews planning and dumping ~$1b into stocks for a quick buck and completely ruining the stock market.

[...snip]

Another thing I have noticed while playing last night the Social club website listed HAL at $1.10 (currently listed at $1.09) and looking at it while in game still showed HAL at $0.87. Not sure how often prices are pushed to update in game (maybe on game restart?) but could be a way to make some money by delaying updates if possible.

Id say the social club would have the closest 'real-time' figures, as this is where the BAWSAQ is hosted. Makes it much easier to grab data from a local server than it is over a console. There's probably a limit on how much Rockstar can use the Xbox to grab data from its servers (or the other way around to reduce load). Until you're in the Online mode for GTA, the single player one probably hardly updates. Unless when Online does go live and SP does its sync in intervals (as stated above).

Edited by Selections

Considering the panic and death threats from some in this thread, I will giggle like a little girl if this all backfires and you all end up bankrupt!

It would be quite funny, but from my initial investment, I've already seen profits of almost $400k across my three characters, and that's just from a tiny bump in share prices. If there's any serious movement, we could be laughing!

It would be quite funny, but from my initial investment, I've already seen profits of almost $400k across my three characters, and that's just from a tiny bump in share prices. If there's any serious movement, we could be laughing!

It's potentially some Ponzi scheme in the making, many of the early investors are raking it in, but the poor sods who get into it late could end up screwed!

I'm a natural cynic, don't mind me! ;)

Gonna boot it up right now and invest to this cause. What have I got to lose? Some virtual meaningless currency? Yea, why the hell not!

EDIT: Social Club site says it's currently sitting at $3.11, quite a substantial increase since this thread started!

Edit 2: Just dumped about $2 mill into hal, I'll keep it there for a bit and see how this plays out.

Edited by skatermike21988

How have you got that much, you seem to be the only person who has billions? Gutted cause when Hal dropped to -11.7% I only had 5k in the bank with my characters now it's up to 4.15 but still put 2.5mil in with each one.

After I beat the game I had about $25 million per character, I then followed Callum's guide on this site to making big money during the assassination missions. One thing that his guide doesn't reference is investing into RWC after it tanks (netted a 300% return on that). After I finished all of the assassination missions my characters had roughly $850 million each. I spent some time/money buying all of the properties, the golf course and other cinemas being the most expensive. I then invested everything I had left on each character into HAL (trevor has $200 mil invested into LSC but his portfolio is worth 3.4 billion now). Price per share has gone up a bit from my last post. I'm now at 3.2 - 4.2 billion.

I also originally invested when HAL was at $0.87/share, would have been $0.76/share but price went up on me a couple hours earlier.

Edited by Toxis142

After I beat the game I had about $25 million per character, I then followed Callum's guide on this site to making big money during the assassination missions. One thing that his guide doesn't reference is investing into RWC after it tanks (netted a 300% return on that). After I finished all of the assassination missions my characters had roughly $850 million each. I spent some time/money buying all of the properties, the golf course and other cinemas being the most expensive. I then invested everything I had left on each character into HAL (trevor has $200 mil invested into LSC but his portfolio is worth 3.4 billion now). Price per share has gone up a bit from my last post. I'm now at 3.2 - 4.2 billion.

I also originally invested when HAL was at $0.87/share, would have been $0.76/share but price went up on me a couple hours earlier.

Fair do's bro i also got the 300% rise and my characters are sitting on 260mill each. A few people say the money is capped at exactly 2,147,483,647 so don't know how your characters have more than 2.1billion???

Fair do's bro i also got the 300% rise and my characters are sitting on 260mill each. A few people say the money is capped at exactly 2,147,483,647 so don't know how your characters have more than 2.1billion???

I also read that money cap thing, I am just going to assume that it's true without testing it first hand.

My guys have more than the money cap cause all of the money is still in the stock market so their portfolio's are worth 4.5 - 5.7 billion now. HAL just keeps going up and up.

I could pull it out 2 billion at a time to diversify and such but I have already bought everything so not much point to it other than to see how high HAL will go.