Difficulty level

Krooger

Hi,

Is the Hardest difficulty level a real hard one? I think I don't want to go for the Iron Man achievements but some extra points would be nice also. I was wondering if should I start the game on harderst difficulty or I would be killed a lot so the best way is to play on easy and gather all extra chieevos?

I don't really want to get killed "suddenly out of nowhere" but I am quite good at singleplayer FPS games. What should I do to play comfortable? What is really the hardest difficulty level like?

Thanks,

Guerrilla for me was a close second to Hardened on COD MW2. It's pretty easy as long as you know the level. I did the guerrilla ones after beating the game the first time so I went through them pretty fast(maybe 4 hours)

Also, the Iron Man cheeves are pretty easy tbh. Just take your time, don't rush in there guns blazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hardened? What an understatement. It's close to Veteran. I spent most of my time prone. In COD4 Hardened, I can crouch walk. Only Veteran made me go prone here and there.

Taking cover is a god word but that doesn't cut it this time. They use grenades to flush you out. In Homefront, grenades explode fast, really fast. You have one second to run when you see the grenade icon. Otherwise you are either dead or badly injured.

I'm just glad they didn't eliminate all checkpoints (although nerds hail that) or add a goddamn timer.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it can be pretty hard and frustrating at certain times, though overall it's not that difficult. It's just these few specific sections that'll make you rage and want to hurt your controller or television set! As AFreakinCabbag3 mentioned, a lot of times I found that having your AI do a lot of the work does in fact save you some trouble. They are immortal and will often advance on their own as long as you tag along and don't get hurt too badly. I had the bad reflex of trying to advance too soon but the key is to sit back and work your way up progressively.

Prone prone prone!

It is very, very annoying to play Guerilla on Homefront.

Being such a short campaign, it took me two days to finish. I probably died 200 times.

Your allies to nothing, and it seems like all the enemies ALWAYS shoot for you. It's hard to advance forward in to complete an objective, and ammo is scarce.

But the good thing is, there are no repawnable enemies. So, eventually they will all be cleared out. It takes some patience and time, but the 175G is so worth it....

Hi,

Is the Hardest difficulty level a real hard one? I think I don't want to go for the Iron Man achievements but some extra points would be nice also. I was wondering if should I start the game on harderst difficulty or I would be killed a lot so the best way is to play on easy and gather all extra chieevos?

I don't really want to get killed "suddenly out of nowhere" but I am quite good at singleplayer FPS games. What should I do to play comfortable? What is really the hardest difficulty level like?

Thanks,

Play the game the first time on guerilla because its pretty easy for a hard mode. Then run through on the easiest setting for the iron man achievements. I thought the iron man achievements were harder than the guerilla difficulties. Like every FPS, there are some difficult parts, but its pretty easy compared to COD.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...