Seriously, f*ck the combat challenges!

Hobbz

Fair enough to anybody who can sit there and have the patience to deal with them, but I have had enough.

I have completed the game, got all the riddles, done all the predator challenges and I am left with the combat ones, what a joke they are. Before you claim I am unskilled or lack the patience, I have tried for hours to complete them and the same bs happens.

An enemy will come out of nowhere, the counter will fail and he ruins a combo, I will press the attack button and the game wont recognise it thus ending my combo, it just really isnt worth the hassle.

I will rest with completing the game fully without the combat challenge achievements. Lets be real, the combat in this game is definetly the weakest element so relying on chance to fluke your way though a combat challenge cos the combat gameplay wasnt created to properly react to your movements isnt my idea of fun.

Peace!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the combat challenges can be really frustrating and most times it seems like it's the game's fault especially with the combat. Instances where Batman doesn't react fast enough or when the Y button counter icon shows up too late don't help at all when trying to get the 3 medals. Hopefully a patch will fix some of the clinks in the combat gameplay.

Not arguing that the combat is broken, it's not if anything its fun to play. Just the few instances in the combat challenges where the combat becomes a little hectic and the there is a few weird glitchy moments. Without those it would have made it a little more enjoyable.

The combat system isn't broken. If it were, no one could beat the challenges.

And now I'll beat a dead horse:

Earning the medals in combat challenges takes skill. Skill takes practice and patience.

Fact.

^exactly.....they are hard but possible, some people dont have perseverance...Took me 10+ hours to beat shock and awe extreme...so obviously im not super skilled but I did it cause this game is too awesome not to get 100%

the worst is when you have only a few guys left an he breaks the combo cause the next guy is too far away....ive had this happen a few times an its crap cause most of the times he'll do some gymnastic triple cartwheel across the entire floor to get to some guys but then other times he doesnt....

I'm having a hard time with the combat as well but the Predator ones seem more chalenging. . . .I know its simple. . . do this do that and then it doesn't matter if you get "shot" still I'm a raving perfectionist and I try to go for a super fast time instead of sitting around with a thumb up my ass. . . . I've watched the vids and people doing this shit like its no big deal. . . .but when I do the exact same thing some prisoner waits outside for me to pop my little bat head out. . . .I know I can do the combat ones its just a matter of utilizing the Batclaw and ground takedown. . . .you might not think it but each ground takedown gives you 100 points X however big your combo is. . . .doing the math that for example is 21 X 100 = 2,100 thats alot of points. . . . for just one takedown.

hey common now, the combat in this game is amazing. the combos just look and feel so right. The combat challenges are made this way so they are a challenge (hence the name) If you dont have the patience to get them, thats cool, because beating the game and getting all the riddles was enough for me. so just leave it, who cares... but dont go cussing at the game because you dont want to participate in something in it.

lol @ joker hole. seriously though, shit! I'm about to break controllers over here and I'm just on sewer bat extreme getting 44-47K half a dozen times now. The challenges are very hard but I seriously haven't had my heart racing so much from playing a game in a long long time. I will play them until my fingers are bloody little nubs if I have to. As someone else already stated, this game is too badass to not 1K it. So make batman proud, children. The challenges are exhilrating and make me throw up the devil horns every time I pass one. You really owe it to yourself to wrap your head around the combat system. Only 3 more to go.

lol @ joker hole. seriously though, shit! I'm about to break controllers over here and I'm just on sewer bat extreme getting 44-47K half a dozen times now. The challenges are very hard but I seriously haven't had my heart racing so much from playing a game in a long long time. I will play them until my fingers are bloody little nubs if I have to. As someone else already stated, this game is too badass to not 1K it. So make batman proud, children. The challenges are exhilrating and make me throw up the devil horns every time I pass one. You really owe it to yourself to wrap your head around the combat system. Only 3 more to go.

Well try not to focus on all the rounds. . . .its a no brainer that the starting rounds are easier so do those first.

and ya I agree with you. . . .I have to 1K this shit before I switch comic book gears for Marvel Ultimate Alliance LOL

the worst is when you have only a few guys left an he breaks the combo cause the next guy is too far away....ive had this happen a few times an its crap cause most of the times he'll do some gymnastic triple cartwheel across the entire floor to get to some guys but then other times he doesnt....

This is when you use the throw (X+Y), takedown (Y+B), or hell, even the ground pound (RT+Y).

Batman literally 'homes' in on whoever is left as long as they're not ridiculously far away.

Ya the best thing to do during that situation is to batclaw em. . . .maybe by then you'll be able to close the gap.

Yeah, you can do that too, but I find this quite risky... If you're facing the wrong way just a little, you can batclaw air and lose your combo.

Happened to me more than a few times :X

The combat system isn't broken. If it were, no one could beat the challenges.

And now I'll beat a dead horse:

Earning the medals in combat challenges takes skill. Skill takes practice and patience.

Fact.

I couldn't agree more. Getting 3 bats on all challenges takes alot of skill and practice. It took me a very long time but it's not chance at all, it's your skill using batman and the whole range of moves. And there are many guides and tips for this. And dont for a second think that you are or were the only one cursing at this game calling the challenge's mother all sorts of derogatory comments, sexually even, if they had one lol. Keep the faith!!

And I had the same feeling smokestacker, I owed it to batman to 1000 it. Takes a hell of a game for you to get your ass kicked and come back for more.

Edited by FalseHope4829

I don't really see why your so upset about these challenges, yes they are hard. I don't intend on beating them, i normally end up killing all the enemies before i can get a decent score.

So far my highest combo have been around 35 or so and i know it wont go any higher than that. Either practice and don't complain about it or just or just accept that your probably not going to beat them.

I have plenty of other games i want to play over this one once they come out so i will give the challenges a blast once in a while and just keep trying. If i never do them at least i tried.

yea i agree with most of you all, however, reading the tips on combat challenges thread helps. Myself among others have posted ways to get the medals. It's all about keeping your combo up and groundpound. It took me forever to complete this game (1000/1000) due to challenges, but its doable just keep practicing on the same challenge until u get it then move on to the next.:)

I can see both sides of this. I hate the combat, but then, if I had 10 hours plus to sit around and play the game, I probably would get all the challenges too.

I don't know if it's skill that some people can get them, or just blind luck and determination. If I spent 10 hours doing the same thing over and over, I would get it done eventually.

No offence.

it's really interesting how much more fun the combat is once you figure out the timing and rhythm. it's weird that the Story mode doesn't really teach you much about it. i didn't really figure it out until after i beat the game and began playing around with the Challenges. i think a lot of guys who simply mashed their way through the Story won't perfect Freeflow to get Gold.

personally, i'm loving it even though it's tough. but isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be? getting Gold is supposed to be hard. ;)