Official Bitching Thread

Method

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gripe is about the reviews of this game. I did not see one good review of this game, x360a included, and this is one of the most fun, and most challenging games I have ever played. So why did it only get and average review of 50ish out of 100? If you are experiencing slow load times with the game, there is an easy fix to that. I cut my load times in half, and it only took me long enough to install the game to my hard drive. Before you complain about something try to fix it first! Life lesson of the day.

My gripe is about the reviews of this game. I did not see one good review of this game, x360a included, and this is one of the most fun, and most challenging games I have ever played. So why did it only get and average review of 50ish out of 100? If you are experiencing slow load times with the game, there is an easy fix to that. I cut my load times in half, and it only took me long enough to install the game to my hard drive. Before you complain about something try to fix it first! Life lesson of the day.

you need to play more games.. the reviews were bad because the game was bad.. everything was shoddy with this game, the graphics, mechanics, the trash talk of other, superior games, the bullshit hit detection on some enemies. This game was poor!

you need to play more games.. the reviews were bad because the game was bad.. everything was shoddy with this game, the graphics, mechanics, the trash talk of other, superior games, the bullshit hit detection on some enemies. This game was poor!
No the games not really bad hell its one of the best i have played why you may wonder because its FUN. something that to many games now a days forget about.

No the games not really bad hell its one of the best i have played why you may wonder because its FUN. something that to many games now a days forget about.

I agree i played crysis 2 before this, sure that had top technology, but what it was lacking in was being fun. Love getting the challenges on multiplayer with my mates.

Well, I tried this one today. And, I just didn't like it. It got pretty boring for me and the controls seemed rather sluggish. And, of course, load times were ridiculous even with it installed on my HD.

I stopped at 200 achievements. I have other games that can take up my gaming time. This isn't one of them. It's going back tomorrow. Thank god for getting it used.

• 2 weeks later...

simple bitch here: if you havent played the original, forget this game. if you have, you are likely to enjoy it. I bought it to see what it was like and it was terrible, the loads times, graphics, gameplay. The G is ok to get, but it isnt exactly fun to do

"Sir, DNF is almost done"

"Well then release it already!"

"But sir, shouldn't we at least run some beta testing?"

"Why would we do that?"

"Uhm.. best example would be the fact that you can cook a complete dinner while one level is loading"

"Screw that, the hell load of boobies will make up for that"

"Uhm, Sir.."

"I SAID BOOBS!"

This must be the dialogue that happened between publisher and developer.

I could give a toss to what graphics look like. I grew up playing doom, quake, the old dukes, serious sam, and still have myself a nice classic doom session every so often. This game is souless and boring. If it would have came out 7 years ago, it would have been boring. I did chuckle a couple times at the humor, but that is sadly about the only joy I find in this game

PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ... HOW MANY TIMES DID I GET TO OVER 600k THEN SUDDENLY THE FLIPPERS JUST BROKE!!!!!!! YEAH, THEY JUST STOPPED WORKING

THEN I PLAYED AIR HOCKEY AND GOT 7-1 GAMES CONSTANTLY BECAUSE THE GAMES PHYSICS ARE CLEARLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HIT THE PUCK - PUCK DISAPPEARS FOR 30 SECOND AND REAPPEARS ON TABLE NOW THE GUY HAS A SCORE OF 1 ... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT TO MENTION POOL HOW FRUSTRATING WAS THAT FOR JUST ONE EGO BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE MINI GAMES WERE LIKE THIS, DUKE YOU AND YOUR GAME FOREVER GO IN THE HALL OF SHAME, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WAIT ONE LAST THING - WHO COULD EVER FORGET THE ICONIC LOAD TIMES - FML RIGHT?

Ah young man i sence that your mother bought your game for you, heres an update - Cap-locks are no longer a cruise control for cool.

I think your problems are with gamerscore and not so much with the game because for the most part the mini games run smoothly and i actually enjoyed pinball before attempting the 1M achievement. The free PC version of Balls of Steel is actually a really great game, the fact that they even added it into DNF is a bonus and quite a little shoutout to the bedroom developers.

Other then that, only thing DNF has is 'Excuses' because i could say this game started development in 1997 and if this game came out around then with worser graphics then it woulda rocked anybodys socks off. I think the gamers of today are too used to CoD being the norm of shooters now. Most shooters back in the day had platforming and various other elements thrown in to keep the game from getting stale, it was back when children under the age of 18 wern't allowed to play Dukes egotistical sexist adventures. Duke Nukem 3D + Doom we're probably the equivelent of Halo + CoD today paving the way for FPS as a genre.

Now i don't expect Duke Nukem to be well recieved today because the original fanbase has now already grown up and moved on & anybody who plays 3D today will probably think thats garbage too, all i can say is that Duke Nukem as a sequal to 3D lives up to its name.

Duke Nukem toe to toe with the CoD franchise has no contest because i don't recall Soap Mctavish driving his monster truck around.

/Rant

Edited by Gareth Dent

i don't really have any gripes other than the loading times. i came in this knowing what to expect for many reasons...

1. i've played the other Duke Nukem games, so i know how cumbersome certain shit can be at a point.

2. i didn't expect it to be like "OMFG, nu shewterszsz, mum plx plox can i hasz??!!...gunna b teh gr8tis gayme of teh summersz!!" as some people apparently did.

3. i knew it was more primarily for nostalgic/humor purposes (much like Eat Lead) than an actual serious shooter (i.e. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.)

people are bitching about the most ridiculous shit in video games. i mean if you've followed ANYTHING about this game within the past few fucking years, you'd know it LOOKS average quality for a fucking reason. it wasn't MEANT to be "mindfucking gotdamn greatest 1080p quality you've ever seen with your shitty eyeballs!!!", yet a nostalgic feel/look reminiscent of the previous Nukem games.

i mean seriously folks...get a fucking grip. if u want uber 2160p graphics, go the fuck outside for a while & get a glimpse of things that actually fucking exist, like PEOPLE & BUILDINGS. 3D enough for u?

as far as everything else, it still feels like the older Nukem games to me, even the fucked up controls, which i DIDN'T expect, but oh well. no me importa. this is what they make GameFly for. if u feel like u wasted $60 on it because u just absolutely fuckin had to have it at launch...tough shit. maybe next time you'll wait for a review, rent it or try other venues before opting to be the very first one of your geek fucking friends to have a game so u can look cool saying u have it...

*edit i'm also guessing 90% of the whiny babies will be age ranged 13-17, maybe 18...so they won't even understand what Nukem's all about & probably bought it/had their mother buy it because other people were talking about it. pretty sure most of the people (notice i said MOST, not ALL) aged 24+ will appreciate it for what it's worth so far, if they in fact enjoyed other Nukem titles.

well put :) yes i do enjoy this very much

• 2 weeks later...

I actually really like this game other than the horrible load times (even with installing to the HD). I enjoyed Duke 3d on the pc back in the day and this game takes me back to the simpler times when games didn't take themselves too seriously and they didn't need to be epic scenarios and killer graphics. When a shooter could be just a combination of bad guys, big guns and humour. This game isn't spectacular in terms of gameplay or graphics. It's just a fun ride. My beef with the load time flaw however is that since the game isn't on a graphical scale with the COD's or Halo's, then why do the levels take so freakin long to load???? I admit I am enjoying playing through for schmidts and giggles but the thought of playing on insane with the ridonculous load times on every death makes me not want to play this game as a gamerscore booster.

So just traded this POS in. I still got the Balls of Steel Edition, which is amazing on its own, but this game is garbage. Got through..I'd say 60% of the game on the hardest difficulty..then found out there is a harder difficulty? I know some games do this and I find it crap. The game is TOO hard on the hardest difficulties. It's unfair. I wanted to like this..so much, but it was crap. I don't even know how much GS I received. Just wanted it to end.

Complaints:

1) The 360 port. Urf. What happened there?

2) Duke needs to do more cardio. Sure he bench 600, but he can't run more that a few feet without getting winded.

at 2) eksactly my point, seems pretty stupid.

the load times, the two weapon limit - which is very strange for a duke game.

but as someone else pointet out, i wasnt expecting a really awsome game, so just play it for nostalgia.

what a dissapointing piece of crap this game is. i am not even sure if i can get through the easy playthrough of this let alone the hardest. its like every checkpoint i have no idea what im supposed to do next. after too long investigating i will figure it out and move on to the next area where i have no idea what im supposed to do. good job developers completely destroying a franchise to make a quick buck. the jokes are funny at first but get old real quick. the lack of direction/objectives ruins this game. combine that with the terrible graphics and poor mechanics and you have your self a piece of crap. if you steal this game from someone then that makes you a turd burglar.

• 2 weeks later...

Pure shit. Horrible graphics and even worse mechanics. Insane is a fucking understatement with how overpowered some of the enemies are and how fast you die. If they are going to make such a rediculous difficulty then for fucks sake don't put an achievement with it. To top it off it takes 5 god damn minutes just to load the level after every time you die which is every 30 seconds. Collectables .. really?

I had fun with it but there are a lot of flaws.

Stuff like Titty City and the pop culture references make it "good" to me though".

That and it has a great achievement list. Lots of fun stuff.

Insane is really annoying me though.

The Berzerker Pig Cops are stupidly overpowered. Makes me want to punch a wall.

Edited by bennifer3000