Mr. Perfect Discussion

Aerialacia360

For Commando Man the trick is to shoot one blade in order to hit him and keep a second one attached to your arm to clear his missile. If he should ever get too close wait for him to jump, run to the other side of the room and continue with this strategy.

Chill Man unfortunately is mostly fast reflexes... (or I haven't worked out a good pattern)

Thanks for the Blade Man hint. I found commando man really easy, seems a lot of people are having problems. Here's how I beat him. As soon as the battle starts fire a wheel at him and have one held. Don't move from the start spot. When the missile gets close to you, DON'T MOVE just jump. Your wheel cutter will destroy the missile because it always drops one space in front of you. When you land launch another one. Even if you land on your butt you should have enough time to get up before he fires at you. Keep dropping off wheels and holding them to counter his missiles. He won't die by the time he gets to you so when he gets too close you'll have to run under him (this is easier if you're protoman or bass). If all else fails, practice practice practice in challenge mode

• 3 months later...
Is it true that taking damage while using Beat Call, Shock Gaurd, or the 1/2 Damage thing not mess with your Mr. Perfect Achievement?

False, not true at all. If you're going for it, 1/2 Damage is literally pointless to have. Touching spikes still makes the "noise" and knockback, so Shock Guard is pointless. I can't personally confirm Beat Call, but again if you're going for this achievement, falling in a pit should be the absolute least of your worries. :)

Yeah, Chill Man sucks. For my run, he was ALWAYS the first rematch that I would fight, just to get him over with. One thing that seems to help is the ice on his floor, let it slide you almost to the wall after every jump you make over Chill Man. Then wait until he almost walks into you before you jump over him again, using the Solar Blaze as you jump.

I'm about to just send my hard drive to someone who can do this... I just got to the machine for the first time in 80-100 runs, got him down to where two more hits from the bubble shield would have him dead, and that stupid friggin net came down and then the ship hit me. I've never been this frustrated.

edit: First run after posting this, I passed w4. xD Anyone have tips for w5?

Edited by WoNDeR 3 Shots

Haha, awesome.

Let's see....Wily 5. For the first part, really you HAVE to take your time and shoot all the moles that are close to hitting you. Use the Water Shield as much as you can to help out, or anything else that's not the Chill Spike. Once you get to the second part with the moles, if you're quick AND take the upper path, you CAN walk through the rest of the stage without taking a hit. For Wily, I recommend pausing the game as soon as Wily appears, find out which of them is the real one and plan accordingly. If he appears on either side and is going to do the energy ball thing, pause as soon as the energy ball appears and again, plan accordingly. By jumping really high with the low gravity, you will hopefully get about 4 Chill Spikes in per appearance. If he's not doing the energy ball thing, only take a shot if you've got a good chance or if he sneezes. The 5 little spark balls move pretty slowly on Easy, so you should be able to dodge those decently. But again, pause LOTS to think of your next move. :)

Good Luck! :o

Haha, awesome.

Let's see....Wily 5. For the first part, really you HAVE to take your time and shoot all the moles that are close to hitting you. Use the Water Shield as much as you can to help out, or anything else that's not the Chill Spike. Once you get to the second part with the moles, if you're quick AND take the upper path, you CAN walk through the rest of the stage without taking a hit. For Wily, I recommend pausing the game as soon as Wily appears, find out which of them is the real one and plan accordingly. If he appears on either side and is going to do the energy ball thing, pause as soon as the energy ball appears and again, plan accordingly. By jumping really high with the low gravity, you will hopefully get about 4 Chill Spikes in per appearance. If he's not doing the energy ball thing, only take a shot if you've got a good chance or if he sneezes. The 5 little spark balls move pretty slowly on Easy, so you should be able to dodge those decently. But again, pause LOTS to think of your next move. :)

Good Luck! :o

Yeah, I figured out what to me was a guaranteed way to dodge the homing balls. I got about a block away from the far side from where they were coming from, and jumped about halfway up for the first ball. The jump was timed so that as I was coming down the second homing ball was going towards the peak of my jump. Repeated that, and never got hit. :) Overall mr. perfect wasn't THAT bad, just took a lot of time spent in challenge mode memorizing patterns and learning tricks to kill enemies faster / safely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...