Tow truck diversion

REAGAN47

davhuit, if you're still having trouble with the towing diversion I'll help you with it. Two out of the three times I've done it my way its worked on the first try. The only reason I'm not 3/3 is that the game glitch one of the vehicles into the ground and a Saint's gang member rocketed the tow truck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I need some help with this if anyone would be kind enough to offer.

I have just failed on my probably 10th or so attempt at the levels. grrr.

If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it, sadly you would need both dlc packs as I have that.

It took me about 20 tries till I got it. Here's what I did:

1. Take your Tow Truck to the Rim Jobs in the Suburbs. This is the Mechanics I found the easiest as it is fairly flat and you can access it from almost all directions quite easily and take usually straight shortcuts across grass and such to get to it. The less turns the better.

2. If you haven't already, buy all the upgrades at the Mechanics to make your Tow Truck a little stronger. It does help.

3. Activate the diversion and just drive to each location as carefully as possible. There is enough time that you don't have to ever rush. You basically won't take any damage this way until about the 7th level.

4. At each location, get out of the car and just kill each person trying to stop you. Try to stop the Truck so that the rear is aiming the car. If you have enough time once out of the car before the timer runs out you can even drive the car right up behind the Tow Truck. Other wise at least it's a straight shot reversing to the car to lift it up.

5. Continued Tip. Eventually you will get THREE star warnings and even a fourth at the end. Level 10 is the FBI and they will ram you nonstop. When these happen the best thing to do is stop the truck and kill them. This way they stop shooting you AND the truck. And then you have a few seconds before the backup shows up to drive a little further. But yes, your only chance is you have to kill everyone by getting out, get back in, then drive some more, then stop, kill them etc. Once you reach Rim Jobs you always lose all your wanted levels.

5. When you are towing, again, try to drive as straight as possible. Take shortcuts, but avoid light poles and people as they damage the truck and attract the cops. Stop completely when taking turns and slowly turn because big vehicles will fishtail you causing more damage. You have enough time to take it slow and get there safely.

You will have to pick up gang motorcycles and a police ticket car. Those are small and don't effect your driving, so get those back as quick as possible to save time. Don't worry about stopping to kill people you should be able to make it easily.

Just keep doing it and you should be able to get it eventually. It will take several tries and lots of patience. But take it slow, drive carefully and kill everyone before, and all those chasing you at three stars level. Good Luck.

------------------------------

Alternative Co-Op version at the same location in the suburbs.

1. get in the truck, activate the diversion and get your buddy to get in too. Make sure he's familiar with how to get back to rim jobs from all directions.

2. drive him to the needed car (targets don't show on his map, you need to take him and tell him which car). Stop far enough from the target car and tell him which one it is so he can steal it. YOU drive back to Rim Jobs, and he will drive back to Rim Jobs in the stolen car.

3. While waiting for him at Rim Jobs. Park about 10 feet back with a straight shot to the entrance and wait for him. He will come back with the car and park directly behind you. LET HIM GET OUT first and then hitch the car up.

4. Then drive straight into the blue marker. When you reappear, have your co-op buddy get straight into the truck and drive to the forgive and forget just around the corner. You BOTH have to be in the truck when driving through the forgive and forget. Rinse and Repeat.

I Followed These Instructions Up To Level 10 and then, on Level 10 I recruited a homie to drive the target car to the garage, and then I hooked it and drove straight into the Marker.

• 11 months later...

This is the most fucked thing on this game, seriously ive done the tags, done all activities. Worst part was i remember trying for this ages ago, took like a year break from saints, came back just recently had a go. Did it first time, i was cheering and all i needed to do was the Fire Truck diversion for Blue Collar. Started doing Fire truck and guess what? The bloody game froze. Spent then another 2 hours trying for it and cant do it again. Talk about salt in the wound. Gonna try some of those tactics later. Also first thing to make me throw my controller

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HUGE TIP

Okay after playng ths fuckin diverson for way to long I found a huge tip that makes ths incredibly easy. Okay whenever youre getting a target car, kill the enemes there and park your truck right next to it. Then run around real quick and get some homies. jump back into the truck and your homies will jump on the target vehicle, hell drive behind you back to the shop, no stars, no gangs, nothin. When you get to the mechanics rope the vehicle and drive it into the circle. BAM done

%^&$%#$% I HATE THE TOW TRUCK MISSIONS!!!!!

I get through the first 8 fine, then i always have problems with the last 2.

Usually my gang members will gitch and are unable to get into either of the vehicles which then makes it that I can't get in it to move it so then I'm forced to attempt to tow it and my tow truck gets destroyed.

Or the last time I got up to the FBI SUV, killed the dudes then called upon my members and was running back over to my truck and then the game jsut says "You died". Like WTF? How did I die when no one was shooting at me, or running me over, and I'm still running and alive. It didn't even take me through the death screen.

ARGGGGGGG this is so frustrating!

Edit: This game likes to just fuck me apparently, tried again and level 9 was spawned halfway into a house and i couldn't drive it to move it nor tow it, when i hooked my tow truck up it went onto its back wheels since the gang truck wouldn't move.

Edited by JerseyAccord

That happens to me to, if they wont get in the target vehicle switch, drive the target vehicle and theyll drive the tow truck

*after doing this method for a bit, your homies almost never get into the tow truck if your in the fbi car. Theyll all get in ur car unless ur lucky

OK finally finished this damn thing.

-Did it in the Ronin territory (North West)

-Beat the Ronin, obtained all territorys

-Bought every property around the mechanics

-Used my homies to drive the target cars up untl round 10

-Round ten had plenty of time left so i switched between the tow truck and the fbi car and drove them back to the mechanics

Hope that can help

Edited by IDENTITY ERROR

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just did this last night with my friend. I got in the tow truck and didnt move from Rim Jobs. I book marked the car on my map and he ran to get it (as in co-op you can see each others Bookmarks), and drove it back.

Also you can go through Forgive and Forget if your wanted levels get too high...your co-op partner just has to go through it...and you just need to be close to it.

So when we got 3 stars on the ambulance we would run to forgive and forget which is just down the road from the Suburbs Rim Job.