All's fare in love and war...

Splinun the God

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...

Unfortunatly not.... Can't seem to get this damn call no matter what I do...

At least it don't count toward 100% looks like I might have to re-do this one at a later time on a new save...

• 4 weeks later...

You definitely do not have to drive around in a cab. I got about three calls for those private fares and was driving his default car, a stolen car and riding his default bike...

What might help you: I always got these calls in the evening or at night, never before 8 pm or so...

You definitely do not have to drive around in a cab. I got about three calls for those private fares and was driving his default car, a stolen car and riding his default bike...

What might help you: I always got these calls in the evening or at night, never before 8 pm or so...

This here is spot on. I'd actually say DO NOT ride around in a cab because all you'll get is the guy asking if you want to do a pick up. Ride around in your own car and you should get one soon. What I've also noticed is it seems like you get one business call per game week per character. When you get the email detailing your weekly income from your businesses switch to franklin and drive around in one of your own regular cars, NOT a cab. I tried to do it with a cab and NEVER got anything. As soon as I switched vehicles I got it quickly. Good luck!

Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...

I don't think you have to be in the cab to get the phone call. I was playing as Trevor for a bit, mopping up achievements, switched to Franklin and as soon as I took control of him, got the phone call. Didn't even have to use a cab. Used my own car.

This was one of my last Cheevos I needed after completing the game. No matter what I did, I never got another call after failing the first private fare. I ended up loading an old save where Franklin had enough to buy the cab co again. I then drove around in the cab for what seemed like 20 minutes and finally I got the call to do the private fare. YMMV.

Didn't know you had to be in a cab for this, bit annoying as i have nothing to do on franklin lol Been playing him for "fun" for ages waiting for the call and trying to call :/

Done a few normal fairs but still nothing and can't get through by calling them on the phone.

You don't have to be in a cab for it. I drive around all the time in Franklin's default car and get this annoying call all the time. It's 100% random I guess some people are more lucky with it than others.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm downloading the new patch now, as the last one changed nothing for me. I should spawn as Franklin, so I'm gonna drive about for a little while and see if anything pops up, be it Raul or otherwise. I'll update as I go.

Edit: Half an hour down, drove about a bit, switched from Franklin to the others and back, went and saved in an actual house as opposed to quick saving, and did a parachute jump to pass some time. Nothing yet.

Edited by Ravenhood

Has anyone suffering the glitch tried bringing up their phone, going to settings, then profile and then switching their phone to sleep mode, and then back to normal mode in an attempt to reset your phone? (maybe with a save and load in the middle of the switch...)

Yup and like I said I'm not getting any calls for anyone from any property I own.

I bought the property way northwest early on, and never completed the mission after getting the call. Since then, I haven't gotten a single property call except for the ones acknowledging the buy (I own all but two properties and can do all the regular property missions), and it has been a LOT of hours. Please, does anyone have a fix for this? The latest patch didn't help, and Rockstar support haven't answered my ticket...