Official Bitching Thread

BLOMBOMB

I made this thread after seeing similar problems on other game boards remedied this way where the entire first page is full of nothing but bitching about something we can't control. It seems like this game's board is falling victim to it also. I'm not one to point the finger though so I'll join in:

...Ok so let me start this thread out right, by saying how COMPLETELY PISSED OFF at this game I am. I was enjoying the HELL outta it until just now, because when I entered the first cell block in prison that has enemies, I met a thug on the 2nd floor he followed me downstairs where the ram I just killed respawned behind me. I was killed because I didn't realize how retarded this level would be to respawn the guys I just killed.. ok that's not the bad part. i just threw my 4 most powerful weapons into the Thug and he was dead right at the start of the stairs there. I thought, "oh, no worry I'll just go pick up my stuff." NOPE.. He laid there with NOTHING sticking out of him. All my weapons? Yep you guessed it. GONE. Sure glad autosave made it so I'll never see them again. Sure glad my characters speacialty (throwing weapons) is worthless because there's a risk of losing my weapons. Screw this crap. :(

I'll get over it though because I do love the game :-)

btw, sticky please?

Edited by BLOMBOMB

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so let me start this thread out right, by saying how COMPLETELY PISSED OFF at this game I am. I was enjoying the hell outta it until just now, because when I entered the first cell block in prison that has enemies, I met a thug on the 2nd floor he followed me downstairs where the ram I just killed respawned behind me. I was killed because I didn't realize how retarded this level would be to respawn the guys I just killed.. ok that's not the bad part. i just threw my 4 most powerful weapons into the Thug and he was dead right at the start of the stairs there. I thought, "oh, no worry I'll just go pick up my stuff." NOPE.. He laid there with NOTHING sticking out of him. All my weapons? Yep you guessed it. GONE. Sure glad autosave made it so I'll never see them again. Sure glad my characters speacialty (throwing weapons) is worthless because there's a risk of losing my weapons. Screw this crap. :(

btw, sticky please?

I head shot thugs with guns and they keep spawning in the same spot over and over until i've killed him legit around 10 times and his body&gun is all over the floor. Resulting in my dying a few times losing $1000-$2000 at a time. Also someone stole my orange sledgehammer if that compares to your tragedy. :s

I think that this game is a great game. It really coulda been a contender with the best but it shipped with so many bugs it's not even funny.

Also, the infected/butchers are just terrible enemies.

Game's just very unbalanced.

First playthrough with Purna, level 3 Jackpot perk as soon as possible.. never found 1 orange weapon.. fuck this shit but then..

NG+ is shit for the fact that you're replaying the game with zombies leveled to you but the weapons are weaksauce, they don't level so you're stuck with broomsticks 30 damage.. did they really thought about this shit at all?

I'm level 35 and even a walker beats the shit out of me in NG+.

I had just started playing the game and whenever i get a quest it leads me to anywhere but where i am supposed to be going. what the hell is that granted i am only 10% through it i am just getting a bit pissed at the game already, also there is no freaking defense in the game at all cant block or anything. Is it just me or is that just bullshit? comments?

I fucking hate that enemies level with you, especially when thugs & infected are cheap & annoying at ANY level. I have yet to encounter floaters or butchers, so I can't complain about them at the moment. The game is just so unbalanced and it feels like it goes out of its way to screw you over constantly. It also bugs me that there is absolutely NO manual save option and the auto-save just seems random to me....

I also encountered a glitch where I threw a weapon at a suicider and it WENT RIGHT THROUGH IT. WTF?

I fucking hate that enemies level with you, especially when thugs & infected are cheap & annoying at ANY level. I have yet to encounter floaters or butchers, so I can't complain about them at the moment. The game is just so unbalanced and it feels like it goes out of its way to screw you over constantly. It also bugs me that there is absolutely NO manual save option and the auto-save just seems random to me....

I am thinking they should have spent more time on this game before releasing it to gamers, this is just bullshit and seems to be very confusing on parts.

try kicking first thats the only attack that cannot be interrupted by a zombie it works for me try it. Hope it helps

I have been but when its like 5 of them at the same time not much I can do. I finally had to stop playing for the night because it was pissing me off. I was working on the "Third Head of Cerberus" mission and they wont give me enough time to figure out how to get up to the first intercom.

I have been but when its like 5 of them at the same time not much I can do. I finally had to stop playing for the night because it was pissing me off. I was working on the "Third Head of Cerberus" mission and they wont give me enough time to figure out how to get up to the first intercom.

Well hmmm thats just stupid, have you tried looking on youtube or looking at the booklet for tips? i totally understand that its pissing u off its bullshit.

Well, I have had the encounters where you get swarmed by like 4-5 walkers, maybe an infected in there too, and yeah, you die. It's kinda cheap, but I really think they wanted to push for co-op play as a majority-of-the-time kinda thing...It really evens the odds when you have people to watch multiple directions. I would figure just as in real life, a zombie apocolypse done solo would just be....well....you get the idea lol

The best part is where they will improve awareness on zombies in the first patch as if they aren't running at you from across the map already!

Anyway.

My positive view of things: NG+ sucks ass.

Why the fuck aren't items leveling with me?

I'm picking up level 3-7 brooms with my lvl 35 character.

Money drops in my game are around 70-120.

Repairs cost in the 1000's, c'mon now.

Also regular walkers seem to hit the shit out of you so be prepared for Moresby City, huh.

Cool if you can't think shit on your own and have to steal ideas from other games but do it right!!

Ok so let me start this thread out right, by saying how COMPLETELY PISSED OFF at this game I am. I was enjoying the hell outta it until just now, because when I entered the first cell block in prison that has enemies, I met a thug on the 2nd floor he followed me downstairs where the ram I just killed respawned behind me. I was killed because I didn't realize how retarded this level would be to respawn the guys I just killed.. ok that's not the bad part. i just threw my 4 most powerful weapons into the Thug and he was dead right at the start of the stairs there. I thought, "oh, no worry I'll just go pick up my stuff." NOPE.. He laid there with NOTHING sticking out of him. All my weapons? Yep you guessed it. GONE. Sure glad autosave made it so I'll never see them again. Sure glad my characters speacialty (throwing weapons) is worthless because there's a risk of losing my weapons. Screw this crap. :(

btw, sticky please?

My only true bitch is about how the game spawns you. I'm honestly enjoying it, but I also won't throw my good weapons because of the possibility of not getting them back. I was exploring the city with the church minding my own business when I came across a suspicious looking thug. He started a fight and at the same time I threw two of my best modded machetes into him, I was attacked by two infected and a walker that came out of nowhere. It took them less than two seconds to seriously fuck my shit up. The only thing I noticed when I spawned was that I was nowhere near where the fight took place. I could have been on the other side of the map for all I knew and I haven't yet run into the thug with my stuff. I'm still waiting to find my weapons at the local pawn shop.

Wow...I'm really, really disappointed to hear that the weapons don't level in NG+. That is just so far off the mark, it would seem to make it pointless to play...same with the money not increasing much.

I've also had the thrown weapons disappering glitch...it was like I threw them into a black hole instead of the enemy. Thankfully, I dashboarded immediately when I noticed they weren't there and just lost some playtime instead of my weapons.

Last nite I experienced the slide show slodown lag in 2 player co op. It got so bad that the screeen turned gray with just the minimap showing. We decided to let it ride to see if it corrected itself. Of course when it came partially back to where we could see what was going on...insta-death.

Towards the end of act 1 I quit at the truck garage, came back about 30 minutes later and when i continued, it spawned me in the hotel with no current main story missions. I dashboarded, continued...still in the hotel but thankfully all I had to do was return to the garage because I had the main mission back.

I'll also throw in the fact that when you get to act 2, the difficulty spikes thru the roof. I still enjoy the game alot, and the co op is very cool. However, reading what's ahead...especially the NG+, I'm hoping for a patch to fix the glitches and balance the game. Otherwise, DI has no chance of being a game like Borderlands for me, which I played for hundreds n hundreds of hours even after 100% it.

Act II gets tough on 1st playthrough?

Get there on NG+, it'll rage you into oblivion.

On the resort alone I got killed by 3 blows from a regular walker so imagine 3 infected tossing their shit at you all together.

This game isn't anywhere near as good as Borderlands because of the incredibly unbalanced difficulty.

The patch mentions they're going to IMPROVE the awareness of zombies.

Great game, but unbalanced to the bone.

Act II gets tough on 1st playthrough?

Get there on NG+, it'll rage you into oblivion.

On the resort alone I got killed by 3 blows from a regular walker so imagine 3 infected tossing their shit at you all together.

This game isn't anywhere near as good as Borderlands because of the incredibly unbalanced difficulty.

The patch mentions they're going to IMPROVE the awareness of zombies.

Great game, but unbalanced to the bone.

I have no doubt that I won't even play NG+ based on what you're saying...I can't imagine what they were thinking by not increasing the weapon level/money. Pretty much a broken mode from what you are saying. It would be one thing if the enemies were several levels below you starting out and went from there, but to have enemies scaled to you and then leave you basically screwed at the start...dumb.

Yeah, improving awareness on the zombies pretty much clues you in to the fact they've got no idea how to balance a game, and is just going to make the game worse off balance wise than it is now.