Is pro easy enough without infinite ammo?

Cooljoe

Thing is, I've farmed a bit on Helena chapter 3 in Leon's campaign. I'm decent at resident evil in general. Currently, I have firearms level 2, defense level 2, and field medic level 1 equipped. Is this enough to run by enemies for those who have beaten it on pro? I'm guessing the key for the bosses is just to save on the best ammo/grenades/first sprays/green herbs and what not. Two full playthroughs is just a bit too much for me considering the length of this game... Any advice is appreciated regarding skill sets, too:)

I would personally recommend a full playthrough on amateur, and then farm sp in Ch5 of Chris' campaign for infinite ammo, defense lv3, and firepower lv3. Then when you play through on pro you can just run through the chapters and only fight what you have to. All my chapter times were completed in 18-45min depending on chapter using this method. I don't know if this exactly answers your question, but it may help. Almost forgot to mention to not use health items when possible because of the checkpoints. Save those herbs and sprays for the bosses.

Edited by yearsinthemaking05

Thanks for the input. Yeah this is pretty easy compared to campaigns like COD. The autsoave comapred to the old typewriters really does make it easy. I almost have enough for firearm level 3 or defense 3. Which one should I get first because I'm sick and tired of farming Helena chapter 3... Oh and by the way, the reason why I'm not farming Chris chapter 5 is because it would take me at least an additional five hours to get to that point lol

If you don't mind playing this game again and again and trying to get a rank for every character in every chaper(that make 7 campaign in 4 different difficulties so 28) you will eventually have enough skill points to buy what you want.

I did the game on normal first with the characters. Now im taking the other one for an amateur run(doing emblems) and after that ill check if im ready for pro or i pass by veteran. Not sure if i will do the 28 chapters with ranks...lol but well... i think pro should not be a problem with all the skills in the game...

I played through the whole game on amatuer and and unlocked the ability to use infinite ammo. I then bought infinite magnum, which I used for Helena and Sherry. Infinite Grenade Launcher for Piers. Finally I purchased infinite assault rifle for Ada, as she doesn't have a magnum or grenade launcher. This ran me almost 300,000 bones in total, which set me back a good few hours for the mad skillz achievement, as I needed to earn some of those points back. If you're going to use any of the infinite ammo skill settings then I suggest using assault rifle, as most of the characters have access to one of those. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Playing on Pro the first time (so no infinite ammo). Died a lot using Leon without any upgrade. Once i upgraded Firearm and Defense to Lv3, i never died in Chris campaign (so i don't need Field Medic). But ammo is scarce, you might want to restock by playing easier difficulty chapter before moving to the next chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Infinite ammo is more of a perk than a necessity. Makes boss fights considerably easier, and you don't have to scramble for any if you run low. About the only campaign where I found infinite ammo to be a great ally on professional was Ada's. Infinite explosive arrows make the nightmare that's chapter 1 and chapter 4 (mainly the chainsaw monster who never likes to die) much easier.