PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
So let me get this straight...

The majority of the 'DLC' achievements are just redoing all the challenge and campaign levels as a different character? Now I wish that I hadn't done all the single player achievements cause all I have left now is 7 achievements for the challenges (2 for Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing) and 1 left for original batman. This is going to be a punishing grind, kind of lame on the devs end.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but redoing the same challenges 8 times? yeesh!
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
MilkBone

Besides the Harley Quinn DLC, yes. I guess it wasn't a grind for me. I really enjoyed them.
MilkBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Yeah, the Quinn DLC was awesome, I wish it was longer so I could have enjoyed it more. And I don't mind doing the challenges, I just finished all of them but it just seems like kind of a grind to finish all of them multiple times. Oh well it's gamerscore, I can't complain too much I guess
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
madein1

madein1's Gamercard
Can only agree that the Quinn DLC was great. The rest not so much.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
Achievephile

Achievephile's Gamercard
To be fair...

I agree that it seems lazy at first glance to rehash the same challenges with the new characters, but to be fair it's a decent offering. They distill the game down to the two core gameplay elements - combat and predator - and let you pop in whenever you want to wreck shop. Building character-driven plot and new areas takes a lot longer and some people would be just flying through these areas to get to the combat and predator rooms anyway.

If they for some weird reason introduced another character DLC (Batgirl would be awesome even though the world doesn't support it - poor Barbara), I would roll my eyes at having to go through all of the challenges again, sure... but it's the best way to use the new mechanics of each character without a lot of fluff, and I find it fun at the end of the day.

TL;DR: I reluctantly approve of rehashing the challenges with different characters. Batgirl DLC please?
Achievephile is offline   Reply With Quote