I really want to like this game… but

osakamitsu

Right, but that sucks. It's still the same across all modes. I wasn't talking about the timing. I was talking about how you don't know what button to press unless you memorize what the character is doing. And that is bad design.

How? To me, it sounds like you're expecting the game to give you rewards for nothing. When I first started playing the game I thought Legendaries were impossible, but after playing quite a bit it make sense. I get legendary executions almost every time now, simply by watching how Marius is moving (Going to use his shield - Y. Sword - X. That in itself covers almost every move).

Legendary SHOULD be very hard to achieve, I don't understand this 'It should be easier for me' train of thought.

I've beat this game on every difficulty level and am currently around level 70 in multiplayer and have no idea where these gripes are coming from. I've found this to be one of the most responsive games I've played. My current combo high is 140x in a multiplayer match. You can't deflect two attacks that come simultaneously but you can deflect two that are very close together. I do it all the time. You can deflect the red attacks, they just need to be timed right. Again, I do this all the time, no problem. The quick pilum throw can be finicky but I'd say only about 10% of the time. I use quick throw way more than the the other more focused throw. As for executions the game gives you more than enough time to land either soldier or centurion executions easily even on legendary difficulty. By the time you're on legendary you should know what buttons need to be hit to land executions. If he moves with his shield it's the Y button, sword it's the X button. If you're really struggling this much it may be a bad game/contoller or really you're just not that good at it. This game isn't that difficult...

how "eaxtly" is not realizing Marius cannot parry, per game mechanics, 2 simultaneous attacks NOT skill based? Well it may be comprehension based or simply based on the desire to watch him pull off double counters ala Batman AC...

as for the pila, I never use them in combat, but I can see how the quick pilum throw is irritating

i believe the word you're looking for is "exactly", not "eaxtly", for one.

for two, not all of his issues are parry/simulatenous attack issues & pila...so there's that. since you decided to attempt to be a smart ass, let me run down the issues that are glitchy at times & correlate to "eaxtly" what i was referring to. my rhetoric is in the bold brown font, since i feel like i have to use flash cards with you to convey a point, which at the moment i have none, so this will have to do.

- My guy won't deflect a third of the time. He won't turn and face enemies properly when I tell him to and I get hit. Sometimes when I push the analog toward an enemy my character stands still and doesn't move.

this specifically happened randomly with no response from the controller. Marius will either just stand there no matter what buttons are pressed or there will be input lag. after shutting down the console & rebooting, this solved the issue for me. twice. this is not skill based.

- Sometimes I have to push the x button 3 or 4 times to get him to swing. Wtf?

see above with what i said about laggy input. not skill based.

- Sometimes I'll try to initiate an execution but nothing happens. I'll have to hit the RT repeatedly to get it to work and then I get hit by an enemy. Or sometimes, most commonly in multiplayer I will try to do an execution and my character will freeze and not do the execution. Though I am wondering if this is caused by lag. Almost like the game is confused with what my character should be doing. Happens a lot.

see above yet again with what i said about the input. not skill based.

-The screen will go black while loading sometimes and I will have to start the chapter over because my checkpoint gets broken. I will see a Black screen and hear the music, every time I try to reload my last checkpoint. Restarting the xbox does not fix the issue.

explain to me how this is skill based?

-During chapter 5 I had a giant mouse cursor appear on my screen. I guess it was part of the development tools. It was a stylized mouse cursor and it was on top of all the text in the middle of the screen and was very annoying. Lasted for most of the chapter.

again, how is this skill based?

- At the end of chapter 4 I had the character model for marius appear in front f my character with arms stretch out at his sides like he's getting ready for his animation rig and then it just shot through the door in from of me. Very strange.

skill based...?

- Game crashes on me and i get dash boarded. Many times. Kinnect causes this too with all games but I have it disconnected to avoid it.

skill based as well?

before attempting a comeback put-down please make sure that 1: you are not late 2: you have read the whole thread

also, typing from a phone not EXACTLY conducive to great spelling TYVM.

with that in mind I am sorry you are encountering such issues, I finished the game three times and only one of those bugs ever occurred

I still dont understand how some of you morons think that pushing the attack button 3+ times and my character not swinging his damn sword is skill based. How do you tards get though life?

Either way, my game is about as buggy as battlefield 4. Not an exaggeration. I finished the game on legendary and have every achievement out of the game aside from reaching level 100 in multiplayer. I am currently in the high 60's. I think I know how to play the game. If this crap doesn't happen to you then congrats. You win I guess. But this was my experience. I knew I would get replies like that. But I am dumb founded at the stupidity that has been posted about some of this being skill based.

I guess I don't have enough skill to push the X button on my controller a BILLION times til my character decides to respond.

I guess I dont have enough skill to push the right trigger for an execution and have my character stand there and have all of his controls frozen.

I guess I don't have enough skill to avoid losing my campaign progress during the second from last level (always that level) 7ish times.

I don't have enough skill to kill the enemies that constantly freeze in multiplayer cause one of us to quit and lose all of our progress. Happens at least 2 or 3 times for every evening i sit down to play online.

I'm sorry I don't see the value and appreciate having to memorize the executions. Does this mean I can't get legendary executions? No.

I also guess I don't have enough skill to avoid getting hit when coming out of an execution or climbing up a ledge to kill archers... you know at the exact time that you have NO control over your character? Or I guess that hasn't happened to anyone either.

You get the point. Or I guess most of you don't. Thank you for the few of you that posted input that was legitimate and understood where I was coming from. Or at least had a relevant response.

I also guess I don't have enough skill to remember that the internet is full of know-it-all's and when ever you post an opinion or problem it's instantly you that's the problem. NO WAY could it be the game cause it hasn't happened to them. Surely you must SUCK beyond belief. Regardless of your explanation they don't bother to read and if they do read, they don't comprehend what was written. Bravo.

Edited by osakamitsu

I guess maybe you don't realize that either your console is broke or you have a bad copy of the game. If it's neither of those then it's pretty safe to say its skill based. I too have all the achievements but the level 5 item and reaching level 100. According to Smart Glass I've played for 38 hours and have never encountered the problems you have. I hate to break it to you but this game is not that hard, even on legendary, so even if you aren't that skilled at it you could still easily beat it. The game is not this broken unless you have a bad copy or have no idea what you're doing. Also, if you're hitting the SAME attack button more that two times in a row you're doing it wrong and the game would've told you that. I think its a little juvenile to call those of us who have played it with no problems a bunch of tards...

I still dont understand how some of you morons think that pushing the attack button 3+ times and my character not swinging his damn sword is skill based.

You complain additionaly in the first post that neither deflections nor movement work well either, you have been told this could be a controller issue. I note that you have the full 1000 in DR3, a game which emphasises constant use and mashing of these buttons.

I finished the game on legendary and have every achievement out of the game aside from reaching level 100 in multiplayer. I am currently in the high 60's. I think I know how to play the game.

Congrats but ive taken the liberty of watching your game clips.

If this crap doesn't happen to you then congrats. You win I guess. But this was my experience. I knew I would get replies like that. But I am dumb founded at the stupidity that has been posted about some of this being skill based.

Nobody has said obvious bugs were skill based, rather executions were for example

I guess I don't have enough skill to push the X button on my controller a BILLION times til my character decides to respond.

Possible controller issue? Your clips certainly didnt portay this.

I guess I dont have enough skill to push the right trigger for an execution and have my character stand there and have all of his controls frozen.

A bug

I guess I don't have enough skill to avoid losing my campaign progress during the second from last level (always that level) 7ish times.

A bug though you could have attempted to reinstall the game; skillfully of course

I don't have enough skill to kill the enemies that constantly freeze in multiplayer cause one of us to quit and lose all of our progress. Happens at least 2 or 3 times for every evening i sit down to play online.

A bug, though one that as far as im aware was fixed in the patch

I'm sorry I don't see the value and appreciate having to memorize the executions. Does this mean I can't get legendary executions? No.

Your game clips show otherwise

I also guess I don't have enough skill to avoid getting hit when coming out of an execution or climbing up a ledge to kill archers... you know at the exact time that you have NO control over your character? Or I guess that hasn't happened to anyone either.

These are two seperate issues but the first can be fixed by blocking or rolling

Archers though? Use focus then climb, use Diana/Mars focus to avoid climbing altogether or be really crazy and use a pilum.

I also guess I don't have enough skill to remember that the internet is full of know-it-all's and when ever you post an opinion or problem it's instantly you that's the problem.

Bravo.

Dude, i readed your post and i must say that i totally agree with you on EVERYTHING you said. I experienced all of your issues and even more! Right now my problem is that I completed everything to 100% but my 3 achievement for collectibles aren't poping! I regret buying an Xbox One, since day one I have trouble with it and none of my friend want to buy that since they saw all the crap I got with my Xbox One. I would have been better with a WiiU and I'd be rich!

Dude, i readed your post and i must say that i totally agree with you on EVERYTHING you said. I experienced all of your issues and even more! Right now my problem is that I completed everything to 100% but my 3 achievement for collectibles aren't poping! I regret buying an Xbox One, since day one I have trouble with it and none of my friend want to buy that since they saw all the crap I got with my Xbox One. I would have been better with a WiiU and I'd be rich!

Well according to everyone else we both SUCK at the game haha. Anyway I'm sorry it's happened to you but I am happy I'm not alone.

You complain additionaly in the first post that neither deflections nor movement work well either, you have been told this could be a controller issue. I note that you have the full 1000 in DR3, a game which emphasises constant use and mashing of these buttons.

Congrats but ive taken the liberty of watching your game clips.

Nobody has said obvious bugs were skill based, rather executions were for example

Possible controller issue? Your clips certainly didnt portay this.

A bug

A bug though you could have attempted to reinstall the game; skillfully of course

A bug, though one that as far as im aware was fixed in the patch

Your game clips show otherwise

These are two seperate issues but the first can be fixed by blocking or rolling

Archers though? Use focus then climb, use Diana/Mars focus to avoid climbing altogether or be really crazy and use a pilum.

lol my game clips show nothing. You have no idea if I am telling it to do something other than whats its doing. Which is most of the time. nice try. And yes they did say they were skill based. They pretty much said if it wasnt working then I dont know what I am doing. And you're saying the same thing by saying my clips dont indicate what I am saying. Dont be stupid. How the crap would you know what button I am pressing by watching a damn video? You don't. I cant tell you how many times my character probably looks like he was just standing there getting hit when I told him to deflect. Or how many times I I told him to through a pila and he just stood there. Or how many bad deflections and combos were lost. So congrats on proving the tard theory right and wasting your time.

"These are two seperate issues but the first can be fixed by blocking or rolling

Archers though? Use focus then climb, use Diana/Mars focus to avoid climbing altogether or be really crazy and use a pilum."

Are you honestly suggesting that I roll/block out of the way when it's a moment that the game doesnt let me control the character? I'm speechless. Stop giving advice if you can't comprehend what I am saying. You cant roll or block. AT ALL. Like I said, its the moment after the execution that the game is in the process of giving the control of your character back to you. I get hit at that exact moment all the time. NO blocking and NO rolling is possible.

Edited by osakamitsu

lol my game clips show nothing. You have no idea if I am telling it to do something other than whats its doing. Which is most of the time. nice try.
If your guy swings his sword, you pressed x, shield y, etc. So, yes, your clips clearly show what you are doing and whats more, show the ability to react to things.
And yes they did say they were skill based. They pretty much said if it wasnt working then I dont know what I am doing.
No, reread the thread, you can point out where everybody said the enemy freezing, game crashing, etc were skill involved.
And you're saying the same thing by saying my clips dont indicate what I am saying.
I was using your clips in relation to your complaints, gameplay wise, not your game getting stuck on black screens
Dont be stupid. How the crap would you know what button I am pressing by watching a damn video? You don't.
Sword is x, shield is y, etc.
I cant tell you how many times my character probably looks like he was just standing there getting hit when I told him to deflect.
They show you killing people, it doesnt go out of its way to record you getting hit
Or how many times I I told him to through a pila and he just stood there. Or how many bad deflections and combos were lost.
Because it obviously records you doing these too, stop going off the path; I used your clips in conjection with certain issues you have, not them all.
So congrats on wasting your time.
This is all this line need say because I clearly am.

Are you honestly suggesting that I roll out of the way when it's a moment that the game doesnt let me control the character? I'm speechless. Stop giving advice if you can't comprehend what I am saying.

Let me make this real easy for you;

These are two seperate issues;

The first, getting hit coming out of executions, can be solved by blocking or rolling.

The second, archers, can be solved by using Jupiter/Apollo focus then climbing, Diana/Mars focus to avoid climbing altogether or be really crazy and use a pilum.

I would try and make it easy for you but you still clearly don't "get" it. Again... I am complaining about the time period coming out of an execution for example... The split second afterward... that you STILL don't have control over your character... and you get hit. No, you cannot block/deflect or roll to avoid it. I have tried many times. You can't because you can't control your character until after you get hit. Nothing to do with skill. Just crappy game design.

And now I will add a new complaint that started since this last patch. Now in the middle of executions, yes right in the beginning of an execution or middle a guy will walk up and hit me. I will lose my combo and continue with the execution. BS. So much of this game is BS. Thank goodness I got my 1000 out of it.

But if you reply, I don't care I won't be back to read it. I'm tried of trying to explain things to people who don't try to understand. The last guy I played online with had the same issues. I didn't bring them up, he voluntarily and complained in anger about everything. So I'm not alone. And he was very good. Combos near 300 and rank 400+. So someone who clearly is skilled has the same issues as me. I don't suck but Im not awesome either. Im rank 101 now and my combos are usually in the 140 range. But I clearly have enough skill to determine but I can and cant avoid.

Anyway Im moving on to other games.