Official Seth Hatin' Thread

I'm absolutely sure I'm not the only player out there who despises Seth as the arcade's boss. That cheap, blue knob goblin has clenched many a teeth and stressed many a vocal chords. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of how lame Seth indeed is. From your most hated moves, your most hated tactics, your worst experiences to your best strategies for fighting him and your most triumphant moments, share them all here.

I personally cannot stand Seth's Hyakuretsukyaku. This is the move where he spins you and fires many bullets into your back. We all know that on the second round, Seth becomes a smurf-faced, spam-botted butt pirate. The Hyakuretsukyaku seems to always be his fail-safe move.

I recently spent a lot of time with Seth, playing as Vega. Attempting Vega on the Hardest difficulty, I had mostly a breeze with the first seven matches. Once I got up to Seth and beat him the first time, he became Mr. Spam-alot, as usual. After about a half hour of trying to take him down, I developed this tactic. I would crouch and heavy kick him to knock him down. I would then follow with a Focus Attack, dash cancel out and input a special, or even just another heavy kick, then repeat. Keep repeating this and he should go down fairly easy. Sometimes he'll grab you during your Focus, so just get back up and try again. As for the special used after the FADC, try something quick. With Sakura, I like to use a light Shunpukyaku. It's quick and it hits. Also, with Cody I like to use a light Ruffian Kick. Works like a charm.

I think this victory quote says all you need to know about Seth...

"Even a monkey can imitate moves, you sub-human ingrate"

-Adon

Edited by knightdedede

I think they've actually toned down Seth's AI in this game, I only saw a teleport->spinning pile driver once out of the 41 playthroughs and in that occurance he only did it one time, rather than looping it 3-4 times like he'd do on SF4 (that WAS infuriating!).

He's still programmed to ex shoryuken on his wake-up if you jump at him but other than that he seems to want to use his laggiest moves all day long. The start of the round is still often a s.hp that you can jump over for a free hit, and if you then just crouching block the rest of the match you can sweep whenever he sticks out an unsafe move/throw or jab twice if he starts a focus attack loop. On my run with Fei Long, he actually did his lightning legs kick five times in a row, even though I was clearly blocking in advance :p block, sweep, block, sweep, block, sweep haha, he just wouldn't stop doing them.

Yep, I noticed. He does a lot more blockable focus attacks and his qcb.K now, which are easily blockable and can be punished with a free throw.

Still though, there's plenty of reasons to hate him other than his spambot AI.

I hope CutmanMike finds this thread and posts the link back up to his awesome blog he wrote on it back in the day.

I hope CutmanMike finds this thread and posts the link back up to his awesome blog he wrote on it back in the day.

DID SOMEONE SAY SETH HATE?!

I haven't found him TOO bad in this version, mainly because I don't have to fight him to unlock the damn characters. Doing every char on hard is going to be annoying but I'll rant about that when the time comes.

Top 10 reasons why seth is a giant pile of gay

I'm also writing a sequel to that article - Top 10 reasons why Akuma's new ultra is a giant pile of gay

Oh hey Shiryu, small internet isn't it :)

Yeah, I've been on here a while though :p thought you already knew.

DID SOMEONE SAY SETH HATE?!

I haven't found him TOO bad in this version, mainly because I don't have to fight him to unlock the damn characters. Doing every char on hard is going to be annoying but I'll rant about that when the time comes.

Top 10 reasons why seth is a giant pile of gay

I'm also writing a sequel to that article - Top 10 reasons why Akuma's new ultra is a giant pile of gay

(Obvious) Reason Nr.1: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHGBKi9lw4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Akuma's New Ultra (How it should sound)[/ame]

You can go find the other 9 reasons, lol.

Yeah i hate Seth. Have done since SFIV. But he doesnt seem as bad in SSFIV. Dunno if im better at coping with his cheap ass moves or if he's abit easier. Or abit of both :p

Recently i started doing my Arcade playthroughs on hardest. 'rolls eyes' to unlock as many red character titles as i can. And it has been hard, but not as hard as i thought it would be. I've even manged to beat Seth on Hardest with Hakan :D.

But back on topic.. I hate Seth the most when his gets his grab game on. Teleporting all over the place and then command grabbing you. Also grabbing you after youve blocked his Spin Kicks (Hyakuretsukyaku) > focus attack combo.

Edited by Deadly Moves

I actually LIKE fighting Seth, i dont believe he is that bad at all. Hes not Gill from SFIII: 3rd Strike and hes certainly not Johan from Rage of the Dragons (NEOGEO). Funny thing is, for a laugh me and my friend had a bet last wednesday, that i couldnt finish the game with one hand on hardest. I won that bet with Abel (using a TE stick) and the only idiot who stood in my way was Zangief, i lost to Seth about 2 times max and then finished the game. We then put on the Neogeo and went to see if Johann was impressed with my feat.. he obviously wasnt.... SNK bosses >>> Capcom Bosses, fact.

Ive been trying to do all the characters Arcade modes and for the first twenty odd characters i was taking him out with relative ease thankfully... then i tryed to beat him AS seth and after about a hour of throwing the controller at the floor in anger at how cheap he becomes i switched off.

I hate Seth and always will

Seeing as I've only fought him with Ryu and Ken ATM (I'm gonna continue with the others tomorrow), I gotta say, this man knows when to time his Ultras at the perfect time. Case in point: with both fighters, I finish up with a combo of air and ground strikes (no pattern, but nice and effective). As I'm about to unleash the EX Tatsumaki, Seth activates his vacuum cannon (his "trap card" would be more acceptable), ultimately cancelling my attack. This has happened more times than I can count, and I clearly think the game is cheating as I had to have hit Seth before he can finish activating the ultra.

TL;DR Seth is a bag of douche.

yeah i'm in the club hating him.

i don't even find him that difficult but i almost lost it trying for the achievement for beating the game medium or higher with every round under 20 seconds. he literally refused to engage me at all. he just teleported around then did his ultra to waste 6 seconds on the clock. took me around 40 tries to beat him under the limit. it would be less aggravating if he kicked my ass and it was hard instead he just ran away and ran down the clock because i was close to an achievement.

then after finally beating him i got to do the exact same thing with akuma teleporting back and forth the entire round. at least akuma only took like 20 tries.

• 4 weeks later...

Seth can take so many hits as the arcade boss, but when you play as him online he gets K.O.`d in no time. His moves are ok but you have to be way more aggresive and hit 3 times more than your opponent to win with him. Otherwise, you`ll be sittin in the corner crouching/blocking, waiting to use his uber weak ultra combo.

• 2 weeks later...

Seth is cheap, but he's nothing compared to what he was on Street Fighter IV

Believe it or not, I was playing on hardest mode with my main man Cody, going for various bits and pieces, first 5 times he kicked my ass good and proper, then, I perfected him with an ultra finish?

AI for him is totally all over the place :biglaugh